HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
What grosses me out every time I drive by this intersection is how terrible city planning to allow street intersection like a zig-zag. It is beyond embarrassing. It's all good to have world class buildings built at the intersection, but this kind of street planning is unacceptable and will slow down traffic.
Those streets are from the 1800s when there were no cars and the area was just a scattering of homes outside the city limits. Major routes like 14th, 10th, and Juniper have been realigned, but it's not worth the expense for the ones that don't go anywhere. 12th is only half a dozen blocks long, it's basically an alley.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Those streets are from the 1800s when there were no cars and the area was just a scattering of homes outside the city limits. Major routes like 14th, 10th, and Juniper have been realigned, but it's not worth the expense for the ones that don't go anywhere. 12th is only half a dozen blocks long, it's basically an alley.
It literally is the only street that crosses the entirety of Midtown east/west between 10th to 14th streets. It would certainly provide some relief if it was realigned at West Peachtree, in addition to 11th and 13th street extensions.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 1:19 PM

40 West 12th details

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...el-condos.html

Quote:
Details are emerging about a $400 million mixed-use project in Midtown, which will include a 180-key Marriott Autograph hotel and a 73-unit condo tower that would target buyers in the underserved “move-up” market..

Selig Enterprises Inc. last year announced the project, now called 40 West 12th.

It would take an entire block at 12th and West Peachtree streets and connect to Midtown Art Walk, a concept planners describe as a “unique pedestrian experience.” For example, the half-mile promenade would showcase interactive works of art along a walkable route linking the Midtown and Arts Center MARTA stations.

The 73-unit condo component would focus on the “move-ups,” a segment of the intown, for-sale market where construction has been limited since the economic rebound began. Most new units developed or in planning are focused in the super-luxury category, where prices can approach or exceed $1 million.

Steve Baile, chief development officer with Selig Enterprises and its new division Selig Development Co., said interest in 40 West 12th office space is strong. At least six companies have made inquiries for 75,000 to 100,000 square feet.

Baile added there are also a few “monster” headquarter deals circling Midtown.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2018, 12:33 PM

The rendering from the ABC article

Old Posted Feb 4, 2018, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
is this where the post office is at?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2018, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
is this where the post office is at?
No, the northeast corner of that intersection though. It’s the entire block of west Peachtree, 13th, Peachtree Walk, and 12th Street

I’d really love to see 11th st extended and that “block” redeveloped. The block south of 11th would be a fantastic location for a tall tower due to its high elevation. I feel as if the development of both blocks and the 11th street extension to Williams will be essential to bringing Midtown to a more cohesive state. Would be great to see both redeveloped this or the next cycle. Condos and offices would be great additions there, IMO.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 3:33 AM

Engel & Völkers Atlanta to handle 40 West 12th condos

http://www.40west12th.com/

Quote:
Engel & Völkers Atlanta has been selected to handle the sales and marketing of 40 West 12th in Midtown Atlanta, the luxury condo building in Selig Enterprise’s large planned mixed-use development in the city’s core. Homes will be priced from the $500,000s up to $1.3 million, targeting the underserved “move-up” market in Midtown.
http://citybizlist.com/article/46561...-condo-project

Old Posted Feb 24, 2018, 5:03 PM

Here's a large rendering that was pulled from the website.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 7:57 PM

LD permit has been approved! It looks like groundbreaking is imminent on this project.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 7:38 AM

It's been a month since that Land Development permits had been approved, yet there is no heavy equipment on the site.

I do have faith in Selig, since they've built every serious proposal in their 12th & Midtown empire - this will be no different.

I expect to see some movement on this beauty by July 1st.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 12:56 PM
Closed account

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Land Disturbance Permits are good for 1 year. So construction may not happen immediately.

Not mentioning this to rain on the parade, but to simply keep expectations in check.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
It's been a month since that Land Development permits had been approved, yet there is no heavy equipment on the site.

I do have faith in Selig, since they've built every serious proposal in their 12th & Midtown empire - this will be no different.

I expect to see some movement on this beauty by July 1st.
Everyone seems to forget that 12th & Midtown was a partnership with Daniel Corp, Metlife, and Selig. 1105 will be all Selig so in that sense, it will be very different. The good news is that developers typically don't pay all of the fees required to get a LD permit issued until they are fully prepared to proceed with construction.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2018, 6:23 AM

Still no development activity at 1105 W. Peachtree... hoping it doesn't go the way of The Emerson or Eviva. Website is up for inquiries about the residential tower but haven't seen any articles with start dates for development.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 6:44 PM

High resolution rendering of the office tower. (click to enlarge)

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
High resolution rendering of the office tower. (click to enlarge)
That may be the most realistic renderings of a building I've ever seen. I love the mechanical detail on the joints between the Xs'. I really hope this gets built now that I see this.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 7:24 PM

Photos of the model of the development. Black glass?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 8:31 PM

Rendering

Is this rendering recent? That is, was it recently released? I’m curious because I hadn’t heard much about this development recently.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 8:37 PM

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 9:22 PM

It may be just me, but the model makes the building seem a little shorter when compared to the original proposal.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Is this rendering recent? That is, was it recently released? I’m curious because I hadn’t heard much about this development recently.
40 West 12th, the condo building, changed their Facebook profile picture to this in September.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta