HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

These bridges and pathways are not ruining anything. A few board people with nothing better to do then complain about a nice path. The councilor in the area always goes with the loudest voice not the silent majorities voice. He always is against development projects to. Not surprised with his comments.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 2:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Count me as an environmentalist (since when did this become an insult?) who supports the building of a pedestrian bridge across medway creek, so as to allow through access from the Gainsborough section to the Windermere section.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2018, 5:40 PM

I welcome this connecting pathway from Adelaide to Richmond south of Windemere. It is good to have a way to bike all the way Downtown and beyond. I wish the construction was done and ready for the summer. Now we have to wait one more year until it is completed. We need more connecting pathways like this.

By the way, i did not hear about this until this year. And i like to be involved in following the updates the city has. Maybe the city should do a better job advertising such developments.

Maybe replacing the same old useless hydro fliers that they send out with the bills or through the billing e-mail with this type of information.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 11:19 AM

Debate at City Hall with the two sides fighting over the plan.

http://lfpress.com/news/local-news/s...-valley-access

Hopefully the path network is built and connected to the rest of the Thames Valley Parkway system.

This should have been done 30 years ago.

Imagine a paved path from Sunningdale Rd all the way down the Medway creek valley to the University. People who can now bike, walk, rollerblade to school or work safely off the city streets.

The benefits far out weigh any negatives. Any city councillor should be able to understand this.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 1:16 PM

I agree. This pathway should have been built ages ago. We need it. It is not a want. It is a need. It will help so many cyclist connect to other parts of the city without risking their lives on city streets. I hope the city council get's this approved 100% and starts the build ASAP.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 3:43 PM

I really don't see how someone can be against pathways for the whole city to enjoy.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 10:00 AM

This council is as inept as the previous one.

http://lfpress.com/news/local-news/c...ey-master-plan

Thankfully we have a chance to throw the whole lot out this Fall.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 1:53 PM

I was upset with this.

This is a perfect example of my point I brought up in the rapid transit forum. A mayor hiding and not leading what he believes in. The mayor voted in favor but a mayor should be doing more then that to win people on his side. That's part of politics convincing people to be on his side. Physically he is the mayor but not mentally.

Also the councilors just don't want any fight's on there hands with the election coming up. For them they might as well vote against until after election.

I hope this vote comes back up this fall and in 2019

Old Posted Apr 25, 2018, 7:36 PM

The council should grow a pair and not fall prey of a few old nimby's in the area. One day Gainsborough will be connected to Windemere and these NIMBY's will be screaming again. A connecting pathway does not ruin the area. That explains why our city is so divided so inbred that does not like any change, even if the change is for better. Shame on the council and the Mayor for not approving this.

Last edited by Dupcheck; Apr 26, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 9:22 PM

Wonder what the sentiment would be if the choice was make the trails accessible for all or block them off so no one can use them.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 9:32 PM

I wonder if any of these councilors and so called environmentalists have ever even visited this valley? The valley is already criss crossed with trails, bush party fire pits, dog poop. Kids ride their mountain bikes and play thru-out this area and have for decades.

Get on with it and built the bridges and the paved path to link this all the way thru to Western from Sunningdale Rd.

Stop wasting our time and tax dollars and get it built NOW.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:55 AM

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 11:42 AM

Finally the north link for the Thames Valley Parkway looks ready to start. Much delayed it will be a major improvement to the transportation system in London. Next up needs to be the Medway Valley branch link north from Western. https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...ways-major-gap

Old Posted May 13, 2019, 4:49 PM

Awesome news. I hope they finish it soon, can not wait to bike it all the way to downtown.

Old Posted May 21, 2019, 11:09 AM

Would disagree that River Bend is the next most important link to the TVP with this article.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...tension-mulled

Although it is a logical future project it has a series of physical challenges with land ownership and terrain around the Hunt Club, Sifton and CPRI. The terrain around the river is cliffs on some sides. Building a path that follows the river will not be easy or cheap.

I would suggest the Medway creek valley link is the most important next link as there is already significant parts already paved north of Fanshawe Rd. and a large and growing population.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 11:13 PM

Anyone notice any signs of prepping for the TVP link behind St. Peters Seminary lands? Would imagine they would start with some heavy equipment on the planned route so they can bring in excavators and cranes for the bridge construction in the winter.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 5:55 PM

Great news it appears. Heavy equipment now visible at Ross Park from Richmond St for one hopes the start of the bridge construction for the new TVP connection. Hopefully able to build the bridge abutments during winter ahead of the spring flooding season. Might be able to ride across by next summer.

Next up the Medway creek valley path connection from Western to Fanshawe road and north to Sunningdale.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 12:50 PM

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Great news it appears. Heavy equipment now visible at Ross Park from Richmond St for one hopes the start of the bridge construction for the new TVP connection. Hopefully able to build the bridge abutments during winter ahead of the spring flooding season. Might be able to ride across by next summer.

Next up the Medway creek valley path connection from Western to Fanshawe road and north to Sunningdale.
Nice, thanks for sharing.
The city has been doing some good work. Kudos!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 7:58 PM

Forming work progressing well on bridge abutments for east bridge. Looks like bridge will be elevated above level of soccer fields which is probably a good thing to allow for river high water levels.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Transportation & Infrastructure