HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 1:09 AM

Orléans Business Development

A GOOD restaurant is needed. Right. Here.

This is Google street view and out of date. I could have taken a drive-by shot, and will at my next opportunity. But, for now this is the old Fallingbrook Plaza Beer Store that has been up for lease for at least a year, at the corner of Tenth Line Rd. and Charlemagne Blvd.

Does anyone local know of any takers or talks about what might go here? It seems too long for it to sit empty when many in the area say we need more good eateries with entertainment.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2019, 1:03 AM

They seem to be dividing that building so as to accommodate at least two tenants inside, last I saw. Which was last night. Not sure how much luck RioCan will have with that.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 6:32 PM

Cannabis store opening up across the road, good spot for a munchies restaurant!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 6:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEWLine View Post
They seem to be dividing that building so as to accommodate at least two tenants inside, last I saw. Which was last night. Not sure how much luck RioCan will have with that.
Lots of activity in the past little while on that property. Mac's closed a little over a year ago, soon to be replaced with Pizza Pizza, which is moving from a spot closer to Metro. They are replacing the roof of the (former) Mac's (now Pizza Pizza)/DQ retail building. The Petro Canada is closed for renovations. Bite Burger opened maybe a year ago next to Shopper's across the alley from DQ. That's a pretty good restaurant. Not fancy, but very good for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesladom View Post
Cannabis store opening up across the road, good spot for a munchies restaurant!
The Charlemagne winner, along with the one on Merivale I believe, asked the Province if they could select a different location. One wants to establish a business in the Byward Market, the other on Wellington West (which is which, I don't know). You know, the two markets already served. No word on the Province's decision.

Last edited by J.OT13; Nov 11, 2019 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Added second part.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 10:03 PM

The Pizza Pizza outlet changed slots in the mall, yes. Not thrilled with the change up in mall position or decor. Maybe they think they'll get away with this sort of cost-cutting. I do wish that Book Market had gotten extra floor space for the stock they're not carrying. probably a lot of treasures hidden there...

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 4:16 AM

$3B is a lot of development by Ottawa standards. Is there that much demand for med-high density development in Orleans? I guess things may change with LRT.

Quote:
Brigil to invest $3 billion building up east end
Published Monday, November 18, 2019 11:05PM EST
Last Updated Monday, November 18, 2019 11:06PM EST

Brigil Development says it plans to invest $3 billion building residential and commercial buildings in Orléans over the next 10 years.

The company plans to create space for 10,000 residents at its new Petrie’s Landing Development off Trim Rd., according to Yves Ducharme, the special advisor to Brigil.

The first phase of the project includes six condo towers off Trim Rd. Two are already complete with shovels expected in the ground for the third in February 2020.

If approved, Phase 2 would include another seven four-storey condo buildings and one 10-storey building nearby. The company would also like to create what it calls an urban village, with space for both residential and commercial options alongside Jeanne-d’Arc Blvd. during Phase 3.

“Brigil is so proud of Petrie’s Landing,” said Gilles Desjardins, president of Brigil. “I’m thrilled to contribute to our great region’s evolution.”

Brigil says of the main draws will be the location to the Light Rail Transit system. During Stage 2 of LRT the Confederation Line is expected to extend east to Trim Rd. by 2024.

“Petrie’s Landing and the O-Train are a modern duo that will flourish like any other success somewhere else in big cities in North America, Europe or Asia” Desjardins said.
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/brigil-to-...-end-1.4691737

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 6:18 AM

Brigil's building are so cheap looking and uninspired. It's like the Gatineau version of Claridge.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 4:29 PM

The Brigil project is on the north side of Hwy 174.

The renderings of Trim station on the Stage 2 website show a pedestrian overpass from the median station to the south side of the highway to connect with the Park & Ride and bus loop, but nothing towards to the north side of the highway.

(https://ottawa.ca/en/planning-develo...east-extension)

Brigil should consider putting up funding for a pedestrian overpass to the north side for access to its development.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Suburbs