HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 6:07 PM

Sobey's supplies Family Foods on Donald so they know a bit about the downtown market. They are not coming here. We'll be lucky to get a 7-11.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 6:30 PM
BANNED

I wish this thread was just locked. And when they break ground. Open it.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 8:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarsProject View Post
I reported about the grocery store. They all are out.

At this point expect a food fare or something crappy lol. Maybe Save on Foods as they seem to over do their expenses for new ventures now until they settle in their foothold and begin to start losing $$ and having to down size as they are not in the same league as Sobeys or Superstore.

No thrills? same thing.

For sure. There will be no major grocery chain that is viewed as nice. I mean Giant Tiger is close to downtown and its a joke.

I know True North wants a Sobeys in their badly but Sobeys knows the market too well and they aren't going downtown. Only way that happens is if they get a crazy good deal.

And we know how True North operates with deals.
Thanks for the insight, but I am still thinking 300 Main will boast a decent one. Out of all the players, if anyone can secure one it is Artis.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
Thanks for the insight
NorthStarsProject

Got it.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 7:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote View Post
I wish this thread was just locked. And when they break ground. Open it.

Thank you...someone had to say it. It's been 4 years already, and as much as I'd love to see Skycity happen, it isn't.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 10:58 AM

it seems to be sitting around the 50 percent sold mark for like 5 months now kind of discouraging really. how they not even go up 10 percent in half a year

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 3:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwayne View Post
it seems to be sitting around the 50 percent sold mark for like 5 months now kind of discouraging really. how they not even go up 10 percent in half a year

it wasnt 50%. look at the sign. it was put up falsely just to trick people. its pathetic.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 5:31 PM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekelbender View Post
Thank you...someone had to say it. It's been 4 years already, and as much as I'd love to see Skycity happen, it isn't.
Well, the first post in this thread is October 14th, 2014. My math is a little rusty but I'm pretty sure that that's not 4 years.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Well, the first post in this thread is October 14th, 2014. My math is a little rusty but I'm pretty sure that that's not 4 years.
Hes talking about when the project was announced not when this thread was started. The first news story on it that I can find was April 2013. So yeah almost four years old. The initial thread started for this project was locked at some point. This is the second thread on the project.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 7:40 PM
Speak the truth, then run

Quote:
it wasnt 50%. look at the sign. it was put up falsely just to trick people. its pathetic.
Last year the CBC reported that they were still selling units based on "a municipal and provincial grant has been approved for the project and will allow construction to start in 2016." This despite reporting to CentreVenture in 2015 that they wouldn't meet the deadline for the grant and that "To be clear, SkyCity Centre is not a feasible project without the [housing] program grant."

Eight units quickly went up for sale at Realtor.ca. Months later they haven't been sold. Sales of the last 50% of units are competing against the first 50%.

Granted, the same story reports that the D Condos tower would miss the grant's four-year deadline. How's that one going?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 2:37 AM

I just can't see this ever happening. It has been such a long time and very little, if any, real progress has been made towards ever starting it.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 3:35 AM
BANNED

Smoke and mirrors. For the city to extend the time to redevelop the St. Regis site is f*ckin stupid!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 1:08 PM

Quote:

At this point expect a food fare or something crappy lol.
So you're saying the tower is happening now? Cool.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 4:02 PM

The sign says 50% sold units sold. So 25% sold.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtWednesday View Post
If in 202(0, 1, 2, 8?) this proposal somehow dominates our skyline, the same statement will be true, no? They brought in whatshisface to develop. So, while I sit in the middle reading this two sided battle of words, I don't get why that point keeps getting brought up. Fortress is not a developer and they won't develop this one either.

All that other stuff, yeah, we're probably going to sail right through spring without a shovel in the ground.
Actually a good point I didn't consider. If they just owned it and didn't pretend to BE a developer then it wouldn't bother me as much I guess.

Quote:

At this point expect a food fare or something crappy lol. Maybe Save on Foods as they seem to over do their expenses for new ventures now until they settle in their foothold and begin to start losing $$ and having to down size as they are not in the same league as Sobeys or Superstore.

No thrills? same thing.

For sure. There will be no major grocery chain that is viewed as nice. I mean Giant Tiger is close to downtown and its a joke.

I know True North wants a Sobeys in their badly but Sobeys knows the market too well and they aren't going downtown. Only way that happens is if they get a crazy good deal.

And we know how True North operates with deals.
Sobey's is struggling, so they aren't an option. However, you're correct. They all want a good deal.

As for Loblaw's, Save-On, 300 Main stands a chance. I've heard of interest.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 12:27 PM

Fun fact...
I was watching Just for Laughs hosted by Howie Mandel earlier this year. He proceeded to tease and tantalize someone who arrived late for the remainder of the show (making him run around the audience etc...).
That person was Jawad Rathore.
Perhaps its a testament to how this project will proceed.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balletomane View Post
Fun fact...
I was watching Just for Laughs hosted by Howie Mandel earlier this year. He proceeded to tease and tantalize someone who arrived late for the remainder of the show (making him run around the audience etc...).
That person was Jawad Rathore.
Perhaps its a testament to how this project will proceed.
That's actually quite amusing.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 8:02 PM

hahah hilarious. Will seek out that video tonight.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 4:07 AM
BANNED

BREAKING REPORT -

Was told today after meeting with a city representative that a supposed tenant in SKY CITY had advised this representative that they met with Sky City to discuss their arrangement and walked away not signing and advised they will never deal with Sky City and anyone involved.

They apparently got so worked up after a few months of discussion that confronting the city about legal action that they are extremely untrustworthy. Offering lunch and walking away without paying scenario is clear that Sky City is up to no good.

Was also informed other issues but will wait for further detail.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 4:30 AM
Heart of the Continent

So, you've just told us an unverified third hand report. Okay. Add that one to the pile?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan