HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 13, 2021, 5:13 PM

Well your idea needs some refining but I really love the big picture that you are painting here . I'm late to the party and I'm not reading the entire thread as I am going to just plainly respond to the original idea; so I apologize if some of my points have already been discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

What if we as citizens were allowed to debate most things and vote on them directly? Perhaps a certain amount of reading and participation in debates would be required, and then all of the citizens who went to the trouble of getting involved (meeting minimum criteria) would get to vote?
Great idea! However the implementation of this idea would be completely contingent upon the technology used to convey each individual's opinion. Meaning that it would have to be super secure technology that gets regularly audited and monitored for any cyber attacks, and yet be super accessible by the public. I do have to wonder if Blockchain voting would answer some of these security concerns?

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada