HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

399 Fremont Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 3:56 AM
Green Berniecrat

SAN FRANCISCO | 399 Fremont Street | 400 FT / 122 M | 42 FLOORS

Another little project that has been somewhat left in the corner.

375 Fremont Street (also known as The Californian at Rincon Hill), 400', and 41 stories, has currently been approved and excavation is planned to begin in September 2007. Construction is planned to begin in November 2007, with a target year of completion of 2009.

Rendering:

Thanks to FourOneFive for providing the rendering.

Last edited by Reminiscence; Jul 19, 2007 at 7:04 AM. Reason: New Information, Spelling Error

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:14 AM

I think this project will be completed in early-2009 since it said on sfnewdevelopments.com that this project was going to break ground soon. Anyway, this is another great project for Rincon Hill.
芝加哥 Chicago: Trump Tower, Waterview Tower

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:25 AM
Green Berniecrat

Hmm, I didnt know it said so on sfnewdevelopments.com. I just assumed 2009 because FourOneFive said so

Yeah, they can chalk up another tally on the Rincon Hill Development Series. Looks like its going to be another expensive-type residence. I believe this was one of the last available spaces on Rincon Hill if I'm not wrong?

This is one of my first threads, I think I did a good job with it

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:34 AM

I think this is the last open site. If Hong Kongnization wants to continue, it will have to go on the south side of Rincon Hill, or somewhere at the base.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:42 AM
Green Berniecrat

I'm all for development of the Rincon Hill (South of I-80), but I dont know, maybe it would be to wait until Caltrans finishes the Western Apporach of the Bay Bridge, for convinience.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 4:47 AM

That project will end in 2009, so I'm sure developers will look for south of Rincon Hill once there are no sites available north of I-80. There may be some proposals around 2009 and the city might do another plan for the area as well.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:02 AM
Green Berniecrat

Once the highrises reach Hunter's Point in say ... 70 years, maybe then they'll revive that Harbor Village Resort, heh.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:11 AM
BANNED

Look, there aren't any building sites left in the immediate vicinity of the 80 Bridge approaches on the South. South Beach (which is what that area is) is pretty much all built out now. Moving south from there, you have Mission Bay but the height limits there (thank you, John Burton and the Potero Hill residents) prohibit highrises. So, SOUTH of I-80 there's really no place they are going to do any highrise development until you get to the Third St corridor and there too I suspect you will get rampant NIMBYism from Potrero Hill (though I think it might be a good place to put some highrise housing and pressure to build housing may eventually overcome the folks on the hill worried about their views).

One place a small amount of development will occur is on another part of Rincon Hill (if you will). Think of the terrain--the high point of Folsom St. is where it crosses 2nd and near there (actually just over the crest) is going to be:

631 Folsom

The Planning Dept. doesn't consider this to be part of the Rincon hill plan I don't think, but in reality it is part of Rincon Hill terrain-wise.

Here's another rendering of it:

Quote:
The design for 631 Folsom Street incorporates goals established in the Rincon Place, the Transbay Plan, and the General Plan for downtown San Francisco by creating a high-density project that preserves sunlight and air, provides open space, and enhances the development of the area.

The project consists of a 21-story residential tower over a single-story podium containing retail space and a residential lobby along. The storefront facade is setback to align with the existing street-wall. Further enhancing the pedestrian street life will be the new open space park between 633 and 631 Folsom.

The massing is tall and slender to maintain view corridors, provide sunlight and air at street level, and give units natural light. The light-colored pre-cast concrete, the bluish glass, and metal curtain wall give the facades an expression of lightness and transparency.

Last edited by BTinSF; Oct 29, 2006 at 5:18 AM.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:19 AM

I guess the development will head south then instead of southeast. I did see a narrow corner site on the corner of 2nd and Harrison. By the way, there was a fence, excavators, bulldozers and a lot of dirt at 631 Folsom.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47KC
I guess the development will head south then instead of southeast. I did see a narrow corner site on the corner of 2nd and Harrison. By the way, there was a fence, excavators, bulldozers and a lot of dirt at 631 Folsom.
Well, if it's definitely under construction, maybe it needs a thread too. At 21 stories it's not a HIGH highrise, but I think it qualifies. Didn't we decide that in the 301 Mission thread?).

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:36 AM

^^^ If so, then SoMa Grand needs an thread too.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2006, 5:39 AM
Green Berniecrat

Ask and ye shall recieve ... heh

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 6:40 PM

Not-so-new, but different rendering from the sfnewdevelopments blog:

Kind-of odd, with the building way off to the left side like that, but I guess they really wanted to show that bridge view! Also none of the other 6 Rincon skycrapers are included, so it doesn't give a very good sense of perspective (that yellow tower crane is now an Infinity tower, right?). Still, it gives a better idea of what to eventually expect at 375.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2007, 3:42 AM

The existing 375 Fremont (where the lowrise portion of the new building will be):

This vacant lot is next door to 375; I don't think it is part of the project, however. One more Rincon high-rise in the making, perhaps?!

The project is sometimes listed as 375-399 Fremont, which means this nasty eyesore is disappearing as well. The highrise portion of the building will be on this corner:

Old Posted Jan 12, 2007, 7:09 AM

Vacant Lot

I am pretty sure the vacant lot to the left of 375 Fremont is going to be a low rise condominium project. I thought thats what I read on a Planning Notice board that was posted at one point on the property last year. I think it said 8 stories but can't be sure. To the left of the lot is the seemingly on-hold 325 Fremont tower.

Last edited by briankendall; Jan 14, 2007 at 9:31 AM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2007, 6:47 PM

Construction Delayed

As Reminisence pointed out in the Bay Area proposals thread in the Califorum, socketsite reports that the Fifield website has been altered to reflect the latest construction info for the Californian on Rincon Hill:

New Construction Start Date: November 2007 (was March 2007)
New Sales Start Date: Early 2008 (was February 2007)
Number of Units: 393 (was 420)
Average Square Feet per Unit: 1048 (was 988)

Old Posted May 27, 2007, 1:24 AM

Demo permit posted

I just walked by the project site today and signs from the Planning/Building departments were posted for demolition on Friday May 24th. Hopefully the buildings will be torn down within the next month or two. Maybe construction will start sooner then November.

Last edited by briankendall; May 27, 2007 at 7:45 AM.

Old Posted May 27, 2007, 7:32 AM
BANNED

^^^Maybe the sudden recent appearance of the web site at http://www.californianrinconhill.com/index_s.html means something, huh?

Old Posted May 27, 2007, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^Maybe the sudden recent appearance of the web site at http://www.californianrinconhill.com/index_s.html means something, huh?
I wouldnt be surprised if the Californian and 45 Lansing start at the same time late this year.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
BANNED

Both the above building, which is actually 355 AND 375 Fremont, and the red auto repair shop which can just be seen next door to the right, have demolition permits posted requiring demolition to begin within 90 days of May 24, 2007. I could not find a similar permit posted on the "Apostleship of the Sea" building on the corner. But it looks like they plan to clear the lot with the possible exception of the corner. I'm betting that's going too even though I couldn't find the permit posted.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive