HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:08 AM

Thankfully, Colorado isn't Texas.

In order to keep up with growth, just the Dallas metroplex alone has a list of 15 road projects totaling about $24/25 billion that's needed with a small portion actually under construction.

Old Posted Today, 1:59 AM

I didn't realize when I first saw/posted about this that the proposal doesn't include a revenue stream to pay for it. They just want to rob Peter to pay Paul. Not fiscally conservative or smart.

Ed Sealover in today's Denver Business Journal has Hickenloopers response, echoed by
"Shailen Bhatt, Hickenlooper’s recently appointed director of the Colorado Department of Transportation, expounded on his concerns about losing maintenance money in an interview Monday."
Quote:
Bhatt instead backed a plan that Hickenlooper had unveiled Thursday to leaders of the Legislature that would remove the hospital-provider fee from under the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights revenue cap...

That would give the state a good base of money to work with while it discusses whether or not it should seek a tax hike for highways as other states have done, he said.

“Yes, I realize that is more difficult in Colorado if you have to take something to the ballot,” Bhatt said. “But if you want projects, you have to pay for it. You can’t just bond for it."
Other than Iowa which is a purple state, several red states have raised their fuel taxes this year. Simply put, the tea party crowd will follow their leaders knowing that if you want better roads you need to pay for them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West