"CITY OF THUNDER"

THIS CONDOMINIUM IS A MYSTERY?

Quote:
FEATURED NIAGARA FALLS, CANADA DEVELOPMENT PROJECT

The Eighth Natural Wonder of the World
Hotel & Condominium Residences, Niagara Falls, Canada

Proposed by *First-In Developments

Residential Development Designed By: Beata Czajka

Developer: * First-In Developments is a Club of prospective purchasers, qualified investors, licensed real estate sales representatives, and experienced real estate developers who invest, at the inception stage, in the underlying real estate of prolific real estate developments such as the Eighth Natural Wonder Project, proposed for Niagara Falls, Canada. First-In Developments incorporates a new company for each project and is in the process of incorporating for the Project for its founding investors/purchasers, in the Province of Ontario or Canada.

Development Status: The site for the Eighth Natural Wonder Hotel and Condominium Residences by First-In Developments is confidentially being negotiated now and therefore the developmoent does not have any government approvals. The approval process is expected to be completed by August, 2006, and the project is expected to be completed by September, 2007. At this time, prospective purchasers can pre-register now as a First-In Prospective Purchaser or Investor of the underlying realestate asset for this development.
VISIT: WIRED CITY NETWORK.COMFOR MORE DETAILS.

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 21, 2006 at 3:02 AM.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2006, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLSVIEW
INN BY THE FALLS UNDER RE-DEVELOPMENT/DEMOLITION?

This building was proposed at 30 floors, not sure what they are doing with it now.

You may want to take a look at this webpage: http://www.accessniagara.com/blog/in...public_meetin/

I have a question. Is this site related to SkyscraperCity Forums?? I see a few familiar usernames. Anyways I haven't been able to access the SkyscraperCity Forums for a few days now. Is anyone else having that problem?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2006, 11:29 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

[QUOTE=mucciared]You may want to take a look at this webpage: http://www.accessniagara.com/blog/in...public_meetin/

Thanks for the info on the Inn by the Falls. I am glad that they are ripping down that old building and hopefully replacing it with a nice size 7 story building, it will clean up that area even more. Yes they are having difficulties at SSC I think they are installing a new server. Anyway here is more info:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=108647

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 29, 2006 at 12:02 AM.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 2:19 AM

Hey Fallsview! I was 99% sure you were buckster since the posts are the exact same just different usernames. Thanks so much for posting the answer to get back on SkyscraperCity. I'm going back to school soon and I need websites like these to see what's going on back home. Thanks for keeping this thread up!!

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 4:54 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLSVIEW
THIS CONDOMINIUM IS A MYSTERY?

VISIT: http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geuqm2H....om/gpage7.htmlFOR MORE DETAILS.

I'm leaning to the BS-side on this development. How could you secretly get approvals to build this with approvals expected by August? You can't, it's called REQUIRED PUBLIC MEETINGS.

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 5:54 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
I'm leaning to the BS-side on this development. How could you secretly get approvals to build this with approvals expected by August? You can't, it's called REQUIRED PUBLIC MEETINGS.
Amen to that Tony, you can smell BS all over it. I e/mailed for information awhile ago, and I have received nothing back from them.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 6:10 PM
Flames Suck

Tony why don't you like Tim Hortons?

Wrong place for this question I know, but I don't think it warrents an entire thread....unless you have a particularly controvertial answer.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2006, 8:57 PM

LOL, I guess I've become somewhat of a coffee snob.

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 29, 2006, 12:43 PM
Flames Suck

^ ah ok. Just curious. I find if people don't like a coffee shop, its starbucks or some huge conglomorate because they use slave labour, blah blah blah. But I see this is not the case, lol.

Actually I prefer starbucks too, so I shouldn't be one to talk.

Anyways on with NF development.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtheengineer
^ ah ok. Just curious. I find if people don't like a coffee shop, its starbucks or some huge conglomorate because they use slave labour, blah blah blah. But I see this is not the case, lol.

Actually I prefer starbucks too, so I shouldn't be one to talk.
Actually it's the other way around. Starbucks treats it's employees quite well, I think it's run by like a bunch of Hippies with good Business Sense. Walk into Timmy's, see how many employees are actually smiling and you'll know what I mean.

--------

Maybe we can make this a Niagara Falls & Region Development thread to encompass the whole region?

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 2:00 PM
Flames Suck

Quote:
Actually it's the other way around. Starbucks treats it's employees quite well, I think it's run by like a bunch of Hippies with good Business Sense. Walk into Timmy's, see how many employees are actually smiling and you'll know what I mean.

--------

Maybe we can make this a Niagara Falls & Region Development thread to encompass the whole region?
Good call on the entire Niagara Region development thread.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 2:59 PM

Obviously we've read about this hideous thing coming to St. Catharines:

http://www.blvdcollection.com/

But SOMETHING is better than nothing I guess.

It's interesting that it is a 3 building development, it seems most multi-phase developments in St. Catharines almost always fail after building the first structure. For example:

1) Grenadier Place along Martindale Road was suppose to be 6 Buildings (only 1 built)

2) Meadowvale Green was suppose to be 3 buildings (one built, one partially built, never finished and then demolished)

And the tallest,

3) Towering Heights Blvd., 4 phases, 3 built ending with the city's tallest at 17 storeys, the 4th phase was suppose to be 27 storeys, never built.

Perhaps times have changed and with the aging population and the shrinking desire to maintain a single-detached home with lawn and all when you're getting up there in age, as well as Provincial legislation, things are literally looking "up". I guess we'll find out based upon how quickly this and Port Place sell out.

Flickr®

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 4:29 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Rerouting River Road gets red light from NPC; Letter to city staff outlines concerns against proposal

COREY LAROCQUE
Local News - Wednesday, August 30, 2006 @ 02:00

Quote:
The Niagara Parks Commission has "serious concerns" about the city's proposal to reroute River Road to pass through the downtown core.
COMPLETE ARTICLE AT:NIAGARA FALLS REVIEW

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 4:33 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Tourism numbers reflect a tough year in Niagara
Visitors from U.S. down to lowest level since 1993

Quote:
"There's been a slight increase in Canadian tourists but there's been a real decrease in American tourists," said Noden. "Americans spend three times (in Niagara) what a Canadian would spend."
Quote:
He said the SARS crisis was the point when tourism in Niagara turned downward, more so than in the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States in 2001. He said 9/11 reduced tourism and travel for a short time but it rebounded. When SARS hit, it squashed the Americans' urge to travel abroad and kept travellers closer to home, said Gedge.
Quote:
Word around the Niagara Falls council horseshoe has tourism operators in the city calling 2006 mediocre at best. But while it's been tough, there is a silver lining -- new markets which are starting to open up. Noden said more travellers are visiting from overseas. Visitors from Europe, Asia and other countries from the eastern side of the world won't need passports to enter Canada or return home. The rising Canadian dollar is also not really a concern because it still beats the Euro or the British pound.
Quote:
"A trend we are starting to see is people from Britain coming for shopping weekends in Toronto and Niagara," said Noden. He said those markets are big spenders since they make up only 10 per cent of Niagara Parks traffic but 33 per cent of its revenue.
Quote:
"Asia and Europe are spending four times more than what the Americans are spending. We are really putting a focus on these markets. Not ignoring the U.S., but really focusing on increasing our market share."
COMPLETE ARTICLE FOUND AT:NIAGARA THIS WEEK

My concern is why in the hell are they only thinking about "market share" now!
I have been saying this for a year now, increase advertising and incentives in other countries. I'm not saying ignore the American market, but we are all seeing a trend of Americans staying home. They have enough to keep them occupied in their own country. Residents from foreign countries have more of a spirited visit when they see this World Wonder for the first time on foreign soil. They look like little kids when they see it for the first time.

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 13, 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2006, 4:53 PM
Flames Suck

Quote:
Obviously we've read about this hideous thing coming to St. Catharines:

http://www.blvdcollection.com/

But SOMETHING is better than nothing I guess.

It's interesting that it is a 3 building development, it seems most multi-phase developments in St. Catharines almost always fail after building the first structure. For example:

1) Grenadier Place along Martindale Road was suppose to be 6 Buildings (only 1 built)

2) Meadowvale Green was suppose to be 3 buildings (one built, one partially built, never finished and then demolished)

And the tallest,

3) Towering Heights Blvd., 4 phases, 3 built ending with the city's tallest at 17 storeys, the 4th phase was suppose to be 27 storeys, never built.

Perhaps times have changed and with the aging population and the shrinking desire to maintain a single-detached home with lawn and all when you're getting up there in age, as well as Provincial legislation, things are literally looking "up". I guess we'll find out based upon how quickly this and Port Place sell out.
Green belt legislation makes going up a must. There is little option any more.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2006, 12:10 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

FUTURE NIAGARA SQUARE MALL DEVELOPMENT:

I ventured into the new Winners store today at the mall, looks good! The mall was busy too which was nice. The administrative office confirmed for me that the Canadian Tire on Mcleod rd. will be moving too a new pad in the Mall parking lot, she said near the Cineplex Odeon Theatre and the Sunoco Gas station which is not in the parking lot but across the street. They have also had quite a few inquiries about vacant stores, so they should be full by winter. International Clothier is moving in by the new Winners entrance. Other things mentioned but cannot be confirmed are a grocery store and a Kelsey's Restaurant?

On another note I noticed the other day that the blue and white information centre on the corner of Stanley Ave. and Roberts st. / HWY 420 has been sold. It has been up for sale for awhile and is a prime location for just about anything, wait and see what goes in there.

Last edited by FALLSVIEW; Sep 1, 2006 at 12:23 AM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2006, 12:19 PM

^ Excellent news. That mall has been struggling for so many years, now it's managed to reinvent itself.

now... about Downtown....

Flickr®

Old Posted Sep 1, 2006, 12:33 PM
Flames Suck

I fear that downtown NF, like downtown Welland, is a lost cause that only a cluster bomb can solve.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2006, 2:19 AM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Quote:
One way too re-invent the DT is too make it another bar snene like Calgary's Electric ave. or Windsors Ouellette, ave. It would get them away from the main cluster of tourists on a Friday night who are trying to enjoy time with there families. It might be crazy enough too work, allthough it wouldn't fly with those in the city.

Wind turbines will blow away province's energy strain

NIAGARA FALLS -- Sky-reaching hotels and condominiums may not be the only things towering over the city's whirling waters as interest is building for wind turbines to help reduce the strain on the province's power supply.

FULL ARTICLE AT: NIAGARA THIS WEEK

Old Posted Sep 2, 2006, 3:40 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Spectacles drew crowds as summer progressed; After good first season Silver Mist, Cirque planning for 2007

JOHN LAW / Review Staff Writer
Local News - Saturday, September 02, 2006 @ 02:00

They arrived with lots of hype, hope and hoopla.

Now that Cirque Niagara and Silver Mist Productions have survived their first summer in Niagara Falls, work is already underway for 2007.

Both companies were the new kids on the block this year, taking a big risk with big budget shows.

Silver Mist Productions brought a $1.6-million version of Disney's Aladdin Jr. to the Greg Frewin Theatre, while Cirque Niagara set up its $10-million spectacle Avaia in a tent at Rapidsview Park.

Both shows got off to a slow start, but gained momentum as summer chugged along.

"We increased attendance every week," said Aladdin Jr. producer Linus Hand. "Our best week was last week."

As the inaugural show of Silver Mist Productions, Aladdin Jr. promised Toronto-calibre theatre for Niagara Falls.

Reviews across the board were good, Hand said, and the show did "better than expected" at the box office, despite still losing money.

Much of the costs were for staging, lighting and infrastructure, laying the groundwork for future shows.

Attracting tourists was the priority, Hand said, but a surprising number of local residents flocked to the musical.

"It's all word of mouth," he said. "With this coming in, there was skepticism. And justifiably so.

"What's the show going to be like? Is it worthwhile seeing? Would it be Toronto-style quality?

"Once we got people in to see that, it was huge.

"There have been an awful lot of summer shows that opened up and haven't made it to the end of their runs.

"You don't have to look any further than (Toronto's) Lord of the Rings. We said we were going to run 16 weeks, and we made it to the finish line."

The show wraps up a five-month run on Labour Day.

The company has Disney's Beauty and the Beast booked for next year. Cirque Niagara's Avaia continues to Oct. 8, but is already in the books as a winner, said co-owner Gabe Macaluso.

The show's mix of Russian acrobats and horses sold about 170,000 tickets this summer and "surpassed a lot of the expectations."

The company signed a three-year deal with the Niagara Parks Commission to perform at Rapidsview Park.

A new show will be offered next summer, with Avaia possibly going on tour.

Cirque Niagara recently opened a Toronto office for the purpose of promoting shows throughout Canada.

"We're being courted by several companies," said Macaluso. "But we have decided Niagara Falls will be our home base."

The show's original plan was to lure tourists already in town, he adds, but as summer continued it was apparent people were driving in specifically for the show.

"We found we were a destination, not unlike Marineland.

"We should have picked up on that earlier. People were calling us buying tickets, then asking us where they should stay. That was a surprise to us."

Cirque Niagara president Peter Mercanti said there was a huge learning curve for the company's first year. For one thing, he insists, reports of 12 to 15 million tourists visiting Niagara Falls every year are exaggerated.

"It's more like six million," he said. "We learned a lot about the tourist scene. The numbers are crazy."

Despite fewer tourists than expected, a "fantastic" turnout by local residents made up for it.

"They've been extremely supportive of the show," Mercanti said. "We can't rely on the United States as our bread and butter, as the golf courses found out this year."

Despite the doom and gloom predictions for tourism this summer, Mercanti is proud Cirque Niagara held its own.

"We've accomplished the goals we set out to accomplish," he said. "We've proven we can bring world class entertainment to Niagara Falls."

Quote:
MY WIFE AND I ARE BRINGING OUR DAUGHTER TO "AVAIA" FOR HER BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEK, HOPE IT'S WORTH THE HYPE!
ARTICLE FOUND AT: NIAGARA FALLS REVIEW

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario