HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral

Old Posted Oct 7, 2016, 10:45 PM
We Have Pantex

Amarillo Skyscraper Ideas made in SketchUp

Hello Everyone!
I am new to this forum and I am only 15 years of age. I am looking toward being an architect when I grow up, but for now I am only a high school sophomore that usually designs buildings on SketchUp in his free time. As you know, it is pretty obvious where I live... I have been using SketchUp for quite a while now but not enough to be so "expert" at the program. Give feedback, it is very necessary.

But anyway the first building I have is Santa Fe Plaza, two buildings -
1. Bank of America Tower - Holds offices for Bank of America since the only office for it here is a very short structure near Sleepy Hollow and Soncy. The tower is 485' in total and 404' w/o spire.
2. Madam Queen Park Place - Referencing a big part of Amarillo history, the Madam Queen is a historical train also referred to as Santa Fe 5000. Park Place is a 331' tower that is kinda inspired off the Capella Tower in Minneapolis.
The project itself isn't complete but I have *parts* of the front of the Bank of America Tower complete. The thread will be updated with the completed. Here is an image of part of the plaza complex.

Again, please give feedback and what I should change to these buildings! Much appreciated

Edit: Yes I was inspired to do this by JJG and his amazing skyscraper creations before anyone asks. His designs were really awesome, I hope he makes another thread someday.

Last edited by Amarillo; Oct 8, 2016 at 1:58 AM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2016, 9:46 PM
We Have Pantex

Here is the Madam Queen Park Place completed with a brand new design, I thought the cool sign fitted with the style.

I also redesigned the Bank of America building but it isn't complete yet, but I have the two corners complete. Just need the other 2 sides of the building to be window'd and I got the first building complex complete. I don't really bother with designing the interior because this obviously won't be built in real life By the way, the building is 341' and 278' w/o the spire.

And for a bonus; here is a close-up rendered shot of the front side

Last edited by Amarillo; Oct 8, 2016 at 9:56 PM. Reason: To add the rendered image

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral