HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Aquilini Centre South in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 5:51 AM
SkyTrain Nut

I could not help but notice last time I was in town that when you walk the viaduct at night you see there's still a number of empty suites where they've left the lights on to make it look occupied.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 7:55 AM

Love it when Klazu is back on the rental market: Photo smorgasbord!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
I could not help but notice last time I was in town that when you walk the viaduct at night you see there's still a number of empty suites where they've left the lights on to make it look occupied.
Yeah, there are quite a few units still on the market. They are not bad price overall, but the location is to me pretty appalling as a asphalt wasteland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
Love it when Klazu is back on the rental market: Photo smorgasbord!
While that is true, I hope we wouldn't have to go through this nonsense every few years. It is so damn frustrating to try finding something nice that is also reasonably priced in this market.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2018, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Yeah, there are quite a few units still on the market. They are not bad price overall, but the location is to me pretty appalling as a asphalt wasteland.

While that is true, I hope we wouldn't have to go through this nonsense every few years. It is so damn frustrating to try finding something nice that is also reasonably priced in this market.
There are some suggestions that you'd be better off avoiding rented condos, and looking at purpose-built rental like the units on this thread, if you don't want it sold out from under you again. Investment condos are probably going to be less attractive if, as has been suggested, the CRA gets more interested in unreported income, and as interest rates rise for mortgages. That'll be particularly true if the market actually sees values fall - not happening yet, but certainly not rising like they have.

The Wall tower on Richards has probably seen all the upper floors leased already, so that's probably not going to work for you. There's a purpose built Bosa rental just finishing on Thurlow, near Davie, supposedly for move-in soon. There are six more rental towers at various levels of construction closer to Davie and Denman, but none of them soon enough for your needs. It seems like the penthouses and upper units of most of the Downtown rental towers turn over very infrequently. That's probably not surprising.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 3:31 PM

That unit looks tiny for 1280sq/ft.

Its a shame when the square footage is wasted on a convoluted floor plan.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 3:59 PM

Thanks for the pics Klazu. Weird layout for sure. Has it been empty this whole time?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 1:16 AM

My pic June 9

Old Posted Jun 19, 2018, 7:36 AM
Blazed Member - Citygater

any news on tower 3?

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Jun 24, 2018, 5:32 AM

Since the penthouse was so small with a bad floor plan, we went back to check out the much larger 1650 sqft sub-penthouse unit on the 29th floor facing south.

It had a very open view over BC Place and False Creek, although there will be a taller tower going up right next to it in few year's time. Currently the surrounding area is still a dead zone and not really nice.

We went to see the place also for the second time to take some more measurements and check out the amenities one floor above on the roof top. It was a nice warm day and the view of False Creek was nice.

We ended up making an offer for the unit, however since it was cheaply built and we didn't feel like paying what was being asked. Unfortunately, they were not ready to budge on the price, even though the unit has been vacant for 6 months already.

With that being the case, I don't think we will end up moving into this building, after neither unit we saw were good value, despite they were the two best units in the building. Shame.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver