HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
No this has not been posted elsewhere. I thought that they were just expanding the Circle K parking lot!

Can Moncton support more than one Harvey's? It's not the most popular burger chain.
I don't think I've ever seen more then two cars (maybe 3) in their parking lot/drive thru at the same time. Could they be moving closer to where the action is?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 6:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen more then two cars (maybe 3) in their parking lot/drive thru at the same time. Could they be moving closer to where the action is?
Perhaps, but didn't they renovate their current location only a couple of years ago?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 7:59 PM

I stopped going to Harveys when they got rid of the little forks.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
I stopped going to Harveys when they got rid of the little forks.
I can honestly say I haven't eaten there in 25 years...blech!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 11:44 AM

I actually like Harvey's (call me weird), but I haven't been going there since I moved to the area because the current location is pretty inconvenient for me. The parking lot is fairly small and the traffic on that part of Mountain rd is pretty heavy.

The new location would be a lot more convenient (for my family at least).

Old Posted Aug 10, 2012, 12:21 PM

I don't mind Harvey's either. Just hard to get into their current location.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2012, 2:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

NORTHWEST MONCTON STRIP MALL UPDATE:

Photos current as of August 19th, 2012. I realize there is nothing architecturally stunning here, but between all the activity currently going on along the west end of Mountain Road, and the construction that occurred in the same area last year, anyone who hasn't been back to the neighbourhood for a few years would be gobsmacked to see the changes.

Plaza 1909 - They have removed the houses from the lots and levelled and cleared the land. Retaining walls have been installed. Construction should begin within a few weeks. The development will include a 10 unit strip mall and a seperate standalone pad. I'm glad to see that they have gone out of their way to preserve one mature tree that will sit in the middle of the parking lot.

The new Mister Lube location at Hastings Ridge. The foundation and floor are complete and framing should begin very soon. They have paved the lot in front of the building.

The new Pet Valu opened yesterday. There is room for a professional office on the second floor and a dog grooming business will also be in the mix. As you can see, they have indeed renovated the existing building housing the Cake Box and Greco.

Starbucks at the Lounsbury Centre. Interior fit and finish is going on. This should open in the next 5-6 weeks.

They have levelled and prepared the land to the west of the Irving/Circle K at the Trinity/Mountain Rd intersection. Rumour is that this will be a new Harvey's location.

On the other side of the Trinity/Mountain intersection, the former dental building is undergoing extensive renovations to create a six unit strip mall.

Building A of the Northwest Centre expansion that will house retailers displaced by the arrival of Target. This unit will include three stores, including Aaron's.

Building B of the Northwest Centre expansion will have two units, including Battery House.

For variety, I'm going to throw in this picture of the new stormwater retention pond under construction at the northbound Mountain Rd exit ramp off Wheeler Blvd.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 8:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation for Plaza 1909 is now being installed.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2012, 10:57 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

- Structural steel is now going up for Mister Lube on Mountain Road.

- There is now a construction trailer on site for the presumed Harvey's at Mountain/Trinity.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 PM

Papa John's Pizza will be one of the tenants at Plaza 1909 Northwest Strip Mall.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 5:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Papa John's Pizza will be one of the tenants at Plaza 1909 Northwest Strip Mall.
Interesting. I presume this will be a third location for them, or do you think they will vacate their location on the central portion of Mountain Road....

Old Posted Sep 5, 2012, 9:30 PM

I can tell you that the construction site beside Irving is 100% Harveys.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Interesting. I presume this will be a third location for them, or do you think they will vacate their location on the central portion of Mountain Road....
Third location...yes.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2012, 2:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The reconstructed section of Ryan Street between the roundabout and Evergreen Drive is now open. A definite improvement. The road is wider, curbed and has sidewalks on both sides. This might seem like overkill, but with the new French K-8 school currently under construction on this stretch of road, I presume it was a necessity.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2012, 2:10 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The final push is going on at the Starbuck's in the Lounsbury's Centre. The exterior signage is being installed as we speak and the interior fit and finish is largely complete. I suspect this location will likely be open in the next 7-10 days.

The only downside is that the exit from the drive-thru will really be a pain in the ass. The drive-thru exit deposits you right at the exit lane from the retail plaza. With the traffic lights and cars backed up to exit onto Mountain Road, I predict a lot of unhappy patrons. I think it will be one of those situations where it will actually be easier to park your car and order at the counter...

Old Posted Sep 15, 2012, 4:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is a picture of the nearly finished Starbucks at the Lounsbury Centre.

I would say that this outlet could be ready to open in the next week but there appears to be major problems with the drive-thru. The concrete slab at the drive thru window is on quite a tilt and there is quite a step deformity with relation to the surrounding asphalt. I would imagine this will need to be fixed.

Also, it appears that upon leaving the drive thru, you will be forced to drive back towards the Lounsburys Plaza and then double back before exiting on Mountain Road. I don't think they thought this through very well....

Old Posted Sep 17, 2012, 6:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They've fixed the pavement at the drive-thru at the new Starbucks. The concrete slab is still at quite a tilt, but they have levelled the pavement around it. I suspect the Starbucks will be open within the week.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2012, 1:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The structural steel for Plaza 1909 has gone up.

The Starbuck's at Lounsbury's Centre still isn't open.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2012, 2:33 PM

I took a little test run through that Starbucks drive thru the other night, when nobody was around, , and there's no way a vehicle is going to be able to maneuver out of that exit where that yellow barricade is shown below. To exit after picking up your order you must, swing slightly towards the left, cut really hard towards the right, a new meridian will block you from exiting to Mt-Rd, now forcing you to exit right towards the mall again. Then what? The only proper way out is back towards Shoppers' way.

Here's another problem, the entrance to the drive thru, you must swing towards the left, then cut really hard towards the right to properly align yourself into the drive thru. If Starbucks drive thrus are anything like the line ups at Tims, then Houston, we have a problem.

Expect head on collision at the entrance/exit of Starbucks.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2012, 3:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I think my solution will be to park and order at the counter.

It's the same solution that I use at the Royal Bank at Mountain/Gorge. The drive thru banking machine there is unusable unless you're driving an SUV. Solution - park and use the ATM in the bank.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces