HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 13, 2016, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Entrance to Mill Creek Park in Riverview:

From (Moncton) Mayor Dawn Arnold's Facebook page.
Where is this entrance?
Is it part of the new road coming off from Gunningsville Blvd., or is it closer to a Point Park area entrance?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2016, 4:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sorry, I have no idea. I just found the photo on Dawn Arnold's Facebook page and though it looked nice.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2016, 4:52 PM

My wife and I went for a walk earlier today and found it.
If you drive up Runnymeade Rd. (across from Point Park) all the way to the end, you will find it, as well as a new parking lot.
They have done an excellent job on this trail. It is now a fully groomed walking trail from the entrance all the way to the new Riverview Public Works building on Robertson St., off Gunningsville Blvd.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
My wife and I went for a walk earlier today and found it.
If you drive up Runnymeade Rd. (across from Point Park) all the way to the end, you will find it, as well as a new parking lot.
They have done an excellent job on this trail. It is now a fully groomed walking trail from the entrance all the way to the new Riverview Public Works building on Robertson St., off Gunningsville Blvd.
Because of it's location I'm wondering if it will be attached to the potential 500 Acre Park with walking trails the Town has planed out that they still have not started on, and also stretch out to connect different parts of the town together like what has been done in Moncton over the last few years.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Because of it's location I'm wondering if it will be attached to the potential 500 Acre Park with walking trails the Town has planed out that they still have not started on, and also stretch out to connect different parts of the town together like what has been done in Moncton over the last few years.
From what I've read about it, the long term plan is to develop the entire area like Irishtown Nature park.

The first step to open up the majority of the land is to build a crossing over the creek. In the winter when it freezes over there are 2 locations where they are existing trails to connect with that I snow shoe on.

The trails stretch as far back as Niagara Road in one direction and the Trailer park off Pine Glen road in the other direction. The existing ATV trail and Hillsborough Road form the other 2 borders of the park area.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 8:51 PM

As we were walking on the groomed trail, there were so many offshoots that could be built upon. If done right, it can be on par with the Mapleton and Irishtown parks.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienc View Post
From what I've read about it, the long term plan is to develop the entire area like Irishtown Nature park.

The first step to open up the majority of the land is to build a crossing over the creek. In the winter when it freezes over there are 2 locations where they are existing trails to connect with that I snow shoe on.

The trails stretch as far back as Niagara Road in one direction and the Trailer park off Pine Glen road in the other direction. The existing ATV trail and Hillsborough Road form the other 2 borders of the park area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodiacCanuck View Post
As we were walking on the groomed trail, there were so many offshoots that could be built upon. If done right, it can be on par with the Mapleton and Irishtown parks.
From the plans I had seen circulating (About the 500 Acre Park) it looks more like an over sized version of Centennial Park (Almost doubled in size) with Playgrounds, and picnic areas. So it might be a mix of the 2 if they are planing on stretching it out in all the areas you guys say they could.

I do hope they don't pull a Moncton, and take over ATV trails as Pedestrian/Cyclist only trails.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
From the plans I had seen circulating (About the 500 Acre Park) it looks more like an over sized version of Centennial Park (Almost doubled in size) with Playgrounds, and picnic areas. So it might be a mix of the 2 if they are planing on stretching it out in all the areas you guys say they could.

I do hope they don't pull a Moncton, and take over ATV trails as Pedestrian/Cyclist only trails.
Agreed. It's nice to have more walking and cycling trails, but please let the ATV trails stay as they are too. They can co-exist.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 1:02 PM

They have consulted with the ATV club on this but no promises were made.
It was criminal how Moncton took ATV and snowmobile trails, built with club members' own blood, sweat and money, and unilaterally declared them off limits to motorized vehicles.
Absolutely outrageous.
It would be very easy to incorporate these trails into the park.
The original plans for this park even had a hotel at/near its entrance - perfect for all the out-of-province (and out of town) ATVers and snowmobilers - and there are many who come here to play on the trails which are by far the finest in Atlantic Canada.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Agreed. It's nice to have more walking and cycling trails, but please let the ATV trails stay as they are too. They can co-exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
They have consulted with the ATV club on this but no promises were made.
It was criminal how Moncton took ATV and snowmobile trails, built with club members' own blood, sweat and money, and unilaterally declared them off limits to motorized vehicles.
Absolutely outrageous.
It would be very easy to incorporate these trails into the park.
The original plans for this park even had a hotel at/near its entrance - perfect for all the out-of-province (and out of town) ATVers and snowmobilers - and there are many who come here to play on the trails which are by far the finest in Atlantic Canada.
Where I live there where 2 trails. 1 was no longer used By ATV'ers since the new housing behind us but the city decided to turn both the trails into pedestrian/Cyclist trails. The one that was Unused by ATV's is the only one you see pedestrians/cyclist use. The other goes all the way down to Berry Mills, and there are no exits ti'll you get to Berry Mills where it splits off into several directions. that's way people don't use it even my friends who bike from Berry Mills to Moncton Industrial Park to work refuse to use the trail.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 10:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new $16.5M, 57,500 sq ft operations centre in Riverview will be officially open in the next few weeks.

Photo - T&T

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 4:05 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mattie Capital Corporation has a request for variance before Riverview PAC to allow a 14 unit townhouse development in Dobson Landing.

It's a rather contemporary design, and one feature that I really appreciate is that all parking is to the rear, with even the garages facing to the back of the units. This will keep the street front presence of the development very clean looking.

I'm not entirely sure where in Dobson landing this is to go, but looking at the development plan, I would assume that it will be located in Zone 2.

Building "A", pre leasing (discovered by riverviewer) will be in commercial zone 1

It's good to see this development getting ramped up..........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Nov 25, 2016 at 4:16 AM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Mattie Capital Corporation has a request for variance before Riverview PAC to allow a 14 unit townhouse development in Dobson Landing.

It's a rather contemporary design, and one feature that I really appreciate is that all parking is to the rear, with even the garages facing to the back of the units. This will keep the street front presence of the development very clean looking.

I'm not entirely sure where in Dobson landing this is to go, but looking at the development plan, I would assume that it will be located in Zone 2.

Building "A", pre leasing (discovered by riverviewer) will be in commercial zone 1

It's good to see this development getting ramped up..........

It looks like the company is trying to see how much they can push to add density to the project.

If approved this could be a first step to the Town of Riverview's expansion into a city.

P.S. I know I'm 10 steps ahead but I still enjoy the thought of Residence of Riverview not trying to stop growth because of what land used to be used for.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 1:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Riverview's decision to remain a town is more related to ethnocultural and financial reasons (lower tax rate & no need to provide bilingual services), rather than to it's physical size.

At 20,000 people, Riverview is already the largest town in NB and is larger than some cities in the province. I'm willing to predict that if Riverview were 35,000 people that it would still be a town........

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 5:03 PM

Quote:

Riverview's decision to remain a town is more related to ethnocultural and financial reasons (lower tax rate & no need to provide bilingual services), rather than to it's physical size.

At 20,000 people, Riverview is already the largest town in NB and is larger than some cities in the province. I'm willing to predict that if Riverview were 35,000 people that it would still be a town........
Yeah But I mean How long could they go on expanding, and still be considered a town?

I do think After a while the title would be force to Change from Town to City by the province right, or could they go on being a Town despite having a massive population of lets say 60,000 Citizens.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2016, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Yeah But I mean How long could they go on expanding, and still be considered a town?

I do think After a while the title would be force to Change from Town to City by the province right, or could they go on being a Town despite having a massive population of lets say 60,000 Citizens.
I doubt they would be forced.

Ajax near Toronto has a population of nearly 110,000, significantly larger than any city in New-Brunswick and is still a town.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 9:50 PM

From the Town of Riverview facebook...

Everyone is invited to attend an information session hosted by the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DTI) regarding the proposed Petitcodiac River Causeway Project.
When: Wednesday, Feb. 1, 4-8 p.m.
Where: Cocoa Room, 391 Coverdale Road
Storm Date: Feb. 2
You will be able to view the plans and discuss the proposed project with DTI staff.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 9:17 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Request for variance before Riverview PAC concerning a parcel of land along the west side of Runnymeade Road.

http://www.townofriverview.ca/en/res...017-Agenda.pdf

The request is to change the zoning from "parks, residential & institutional" to "residential mix"

Not much more information here, but the company seeking the change in status of this property is "Albert County Condominium Corporation #10"

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Request for variance before Riverview PAC concerning a parcel of land along the west side of Runnymeade Road.

http://www.townofriverview.ca/en/res...017-Agenda.pdf

The request is to change the zoning from "parks, residential & institutional" to "residential mix"

Not much more information here, but the company seeking the change in status of this property is "Albert County Condominium Corporation #10"
It's odd that the zone to the west of the proposed zoning change is called Hillsborough Road. I just moved into that area and its expanding at a good rate.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 5:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
It's odd that the zone to the west of the proposed zoning change is called Hillsborough Road.
Yes, I was confused by that too. It temporarily made it difficult for me to find this location on the map.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces