HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 3, 2016, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I speculated on this thread not long ago that Edmundston could support a Maritime Junior Hockey League team. I suggested that Dieppe could move. Well today I did actually hear from a person close to the Dieppe Comandoes that this will be their last season in Dieppe and that they will be moving the Edmundston following this season.
As per the official announcement above, my source turned out to be right

Old Posted Nov 26, 2016, 7:37 PM

Swiss Chalet/Harveys is looking for a franchisee in Miramichi.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2016, 12:57 AM

That would be nice for miramichi. There is also major work going on across the road at the mall.

Boston pizza franchise available for Bathurst also

The Brick is moving along on st-anne street, toyota across the road should open soon.

There is also 8 acres of land which sold right besides the new Brick location, so many rumours flying around! Guess its better to hear rumours of stuff opening than rumours of stuff closing

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 12:24 PM

Is Edmundston getting a new Kent store? was looking on ccd canada and one of the 50 project most looked at last month shows a Kent store Edmundston. I think it would be about time that the city gets a proper Kent store, the one they have right now is less than adequate i find.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 5:37 PM

Sears will create 100 jobs in Edmunston

Edmundston: plus de 100 emplois bientôt annoncés

Par PASCAL RAICHE-NOGUE vendredi 6 janvier 2017

La création de plus de 100 emplois dans le Nord-Ouest sera annoncée très prochainement, selon Brian Gallant. Les emplois seraient créés par Sears Canada à Edmundston.

En rencontre éditoriale à l’Acadie Nouvelle, vendredi après-midi, le premier ministre a laissé entendre qu’une annonce importante sera effectuée au cours des prochaines semaines dans le Nord-Ouest.

«Il va y avoir très bientôt une annonce d’une entreprise d’envergure nationale qui va créer au-delà de 100 emplois dans la région du nord-ouest de la province»,a-t-il dit.

Le maire d’Edmundston, Cyrille Simard, nous indique que l’entreprise en question n’est nulle autre que Sears Canada. Cette dernière prépare actuellement l’ouverture d’un centre d’appels à Edmundston et y a organisé une foire d’emplois vendredi.

«En principe le premier ministre doit être à Edmundston le 17 (janvier) pour ça. Il s’agit de Sears Canada, un centre de service à la clientèle», affirme-t-il.

Selon lui, le centre ouvrira ses portes au printemps si tout se passe comme prévu. Il indique que le nombre d’emplois qui seront créés n’est pas encore arrêté, que cela «va sans doute dépendre des résultats de la foire d’emploi et des autres efforts de recrutement».

Nous avons contacté Sears Canada pour avoir plus de détails, vendredi en fin de journée. Nous n’avons pas eu de nouvelles de cette entreprise avant l’heure de tombée.

http://www.acadienouvelle.com/actual...ntot-annonces/

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 5:48 PM

Lol just beat me to it!

So Sears will open a call center in Edmundston, very good news! The only thing that bugs me about it is Sears current situation, unless things turn around soon, this might be a short therm endeavour.

D3nZ any idea where they will go?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Lol just beat me to it!

So Sears will open a call center in Edmundston, very good news! The only thing that bugs me about it is Sears current situation, unless things turn around soon, this might be a short therm endeavour.

D3nZ any idea where they will go?
hahaha !

If I were to guess, I would I say Centre Madawaska , I honestly do not recall any other office complex in Edmundstun suitable for call center footprint requirement.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2017, 5:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
The only thing that bugs me about it is Sears current situation, unless things turn around soon, this might be a short therm endeavour.
Indeed, this is definitely one of those Yay?? situations.

I don't think anyone should move to Edmundston for one of these jobs, but for natives of the city looking for a couple of years work, this is a good news announcement.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
hahaha !

If I were to guess, I would I say Centre Madawaska , I honestly do not recall any other office complex in Edmundstun suitable for call center footprint requirement.
Ya and they had a place, not sure how much is left of it, set up for Teletech about 10-15 years ago so they could go in there. There is a few other places I can think of that would be closer to something, the Madawaska center is a little far from every moving sector in the city.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2017, 6:17 AM

Sears Canada creating 100 jobs in Edmundston! When I saw this, I thought I misread. Sears Canada could be out of business soon if we read all the headlines, perhaps they got a good Christmas season sales-wise, but they still have many challenges ahead. Moving these offices to Edmundston will probably be a way for them to save some money, so that's a good thing.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Jan 9, 2017 at 2:42 PM.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 1:18 AM

They are going where Teletech used to be in the Madawaska center. The cat is out of the hat, Sears has been confirmed but other then over 100 employees, no exact number of jobs created. Official announcement should be made on the 17. Guess there was a job fair this week end and some people have already been hired.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 1:49 AM

Google maps updated for Bathurst, before the downtown fire, more than likely fall 2015. On st anne street now just have to picture the new toyota dealership and the new location for The Brick besides Emco.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2017, 4:56 PM

Sorry about the absence. They will indeed go in the old Teletech offices at the Centre Madawaska.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 12:43 AM

Seems like the rumoured gas station and donut shop combo on the old mill site has been confirmed today. The owner Raymond Robichaud has confirmed he purchased the old Petro Canada from the corner of rough waters and miramichi avenue and will move the gas station to the old mill parking lot and the donut shop will be a robins donut, construction to start in the spring.

It will be a first Robin Donuts for Bathurst and in northern NB I believe

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 10:49 PM

Well its 180 jobs total for Sears new call center in Edmundston, over half of those 180 jobs have been filled the week end of the job fair. I know that Sears has seen better days and would of rather seen a company in better financial situation set up shop but hey its 180 jobs that the region can't pass on. Who knows, might interest other companies to follow suit!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Well its 180 jobs total for Sears new call center in Edmundston, over half of those 180 jobs have been filled the week end of the job fair. I know that Sears has seen better days and would of rather seen a company in better financial situation set up shop but hey its 180 jobs that the region can't pass on. Who knows, might interest other companies to follow suit!
Indeed, 180 jobs for a city like Edmundston is sort of a big deal. I was there a month ago and the city seems to be on an upswing as of late.

Good news all around !

Old Posted Jan 29, 2017, 12:20 AM

Work has started at Place Bathurst Mall in the old Zellers location, hopefully some new stores will also appear to fill that area.

Work has also started at the Supermall for conversion to strip mall. Only three tennants are confirmed, Superstore stays the same, Mcgraw shoes to stay but might move within the strip and Giant Tiger to open in June. One rumoured to be the confirmed but yet un-officially announced Micheal's craft store, and the other is rumoured to be a Winners.

Summertime should see a lot of new openings for the city!

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 6:52 PM

Little update on Place Bathurst mall about the renos going, Ardene will be moving to a bigger space, Rossy will occupy some space of the old Zellers and Yellow shoes willl make a return.

Some other cosmetic changes will be made to the outside and a new entrance will be added.

Mixed feelings, happy to see something finally going on with the old Zellers space, but its mostly returning and relocating stores. Positive in that is that we have regained the stores previously lost!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:24 AM

By the looks of it, its possible that Bathurst would be getting a pizza hut, management, team members and delivery driver position available on indeed job website...all though franchise is still listed available on pizza hut website.

Wonder if it will be a full sit down restaurant or a gas station combo, i remember That the owner of the mill site said he would build a gas/donut shop/fast food store and we know it will be a petro can and a robins donut, just the fast food element missing so could be part of that.

I do not see any space available right now for a full sit down restaurant so i think if anything this will be mostly theiy delivery/Carry out model but as to where it will be located, no clue.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 8:54 PM

Quote:
By the looks of it, its possible that Bathurst would be getting a pizza hut, management, team members and delivery driver position available on indeed job website...all though franchise is still listed available on pizza hut website.

Wonder if it will be a full sit down restaurant or a gas station combo, i remember That the owner of the mill site said he would build a gas/donut shop/fast food store and we know it will be a petro can and a robins donut, just the fast food element missing so could be part of that.

I do not see any space available right now for a full sit down restaurant so i think if anything this will be mostly theiy delivery/Carry out model but as to where it will be located, no clue.
It it's strange that they don't yet have a franchisee, and are posting jobs. If it where anywhere a location already existed I could see it because they do the training, and have you work at another location ti'll everything is ready. Unless 1 of 2 things.
1izza Hut is slow at updating there franchise information
2izza Hut's head offices plan on running the restaurant ti'll a franchisee
comes along to claim it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces