HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Ping An International Finance Centre in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Shenzhen Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 12:11 PM
if I sang out of tune

by 浪迹一生
Traces of life

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 8:46 PM

Which planet is this city on?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Which planet is this city on?
Coruscant. It's in Shenzhen, Coruscant.

On a side note, I think this one would have looked better with the spire attached. Plus, it would be both 2,000 feet and China's tallest, which would both be cool.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 10:25 PM

There it is, the format they will use to con everyone into following their creepy new god and "receive it or die" religion. Insane. As for this city, it is far more than just being gigantic.noooo this place is better described with the following. "GARGANTUAN SUPER-MEGA-CITY". A entire new category for cities that that defines the few cities that have smashed and eaten it's surrounding landscapes like a week starved hulk realizing that he is standing in a Kentucky fried chicken restraint. "Shenzhen smash".

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 5:18 PM
if I sang out of tune

Shenzhen bay skyline by lok, on Flickr

Posted on Gaoloumi by harry_chao

Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 7:16 PM
Community Guy

That is incredible. Almost HK looking

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 25, 2016, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Coruscant. It's in Shenzhen, Coruscant.

On a side note, I think this one would have looked better with the spire attached. Plus, it would be both 2,000 feet and China's tallest, which would both be cool.
It would not be China's tallest. Still would have been shorter than Shanghai Tower.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 4:43 PM
Ω

Are images being projected in the sky like holographs? The scale of these developments is breath-taking. I ought to start learning Chinese...

Old Posted Dec 27, 2016, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh222 View Post
It would not be China's tallest. Still would have been shorter than Shanghai Tower.
The old drawings on the diagrams seem to indicate otherwise.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 3:50 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Shenzhen by hzenilc, on Flickr

Shenzhen by hzenilc, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 6:32 PM

That is one hell of a great building. One of the best new skyscrapers in the world.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2017, 6:35 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
That is one hell of a great building. One of the best new skyscrapers in the world.
One of my personal favorites. I'd trade 1 WTC for this. This is what NY needs as a signature tower. Imagine a clone or something of a similar style on the West Side.

This tower, next to the Jin Mao tower (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill's masterpiece), IMO, are the best supertalls in China.

China is fortunate to get such stunning architecture. Kohn Pedersen Fox did a fantastic job. The same archie group btw that is designing Vanderbilt.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
One of my personal favorites. I'd trade 1 WTC for this. This is what NY needs as a signature tower. Imagine a clone or something of a similar style on the West Side.

This tower, next to the Jin Mao tower (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill's masterpiece), IMO, are the best supertalls in China.

China is fortunate to get such stunning architecture. Kohn Pedersen Fox did a fantastic job. The same archie group btw that is designing Vanderbilt.
Personally, I'd say this and the Bank of China Tower are my favorite supertalls in China. That will probably change as things start to come up, but those two are still good.

It's just a shame we don't have that much discussion about China here on the forum, especially with all of these supertalls.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2017, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
Posted on Gaoloumi by harry_chao
This is really impressive, but a cautionary note. If buildings are going to incorporate this massive (LED) lighting as part of the architecture, they're going to have to up their quality.
My hotel is the building in the lower right corner with the red lettering (Sheraton Futian). The building across the street with the numbers (1111) had whole sections of the lighting either failed dead, or flickering.
It looks cool when the building is first built. But if it doesn't last or isn't maintained, it's going to look horrible in the long run.

On that note, I'm going back next month and Ping An's lighting was just getting started in Sept. Will be interesting to see what it looks like now.

Last edited by aaron38; Jan 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 12:46 AM

588m or 599m ?

Old Posted Jan 22, 2017, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
This is really impressive, but a cautionary note. If buildings are going to incorporate this massive (LED) lighting as part of the architecture, they're going to have to up their quality.
My hotel is the building in the lower right corner with the red lettering (Sheraton Futian). The building across the street with the numbers (1111) had whole sections of the lighting either failed dead, or flickering.
It looks cool when the building is first built. But if it doesn't last or isn't maintained, it's going to look horrible in the long run.

On that note, I'm going back next month and Ping An's lighting was just getting started in Sept. Will be interesting to see what it looks like now.
Yeah, I have had the same conversations about this. I am not impressed by someone building a fancy building, a nice house, buying a nice car. Show it to me in a decade and see if its been maintained and updated. I am uneasy about building something big and pretty, them just neglecting it from day one.

I work with a large team in China, and it is very interesting when we talk about homes, buildings, cities, etc. They focus on the new-factor. Maintaining what is there is not important, having something newer and better is. Doesn't really align with my world view, but I totally get where they are coming from (how much better things have become in just 10, 20 years).

I remember the first time I was at PVG (main Shanghai airport) just how bad the fit and finish was. Sure, the macro level is impressive, but there was just no care to the details - stupid little things that would not fly in even the worst construction here.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 7:16 PM

A TRUELY REAL SKYSCRAPER! Domination!

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 2:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
They went with the Vegas Luxor hotel turned disco style at the top pyramid.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 8:07 AM

A quick note before I get back states side and have time to post pictures:

This seems to be almost complete. I went past on my morning run and the lobby looked like it was open for business. They're finishing up landscaping and sidewalk work.

It's gorgeous during the day. A bit underwhelming at night given its neighbors. I don't know if any lighting is planned, but the top was completely dark.

From the base looking straight up the building has one of those optical illusions where it feels like it's leaning over you.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 4:19 AM

From last week, 2-14 through 2-16

No LED lighting turned on while I was there. Maybe they were only testing it earlier?

From the south, at dawn on a beautiful morning.

The lobby, open for business.

It looks great close up, and I loved this view. So glad I took the time to loop out to see it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive