HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 7:48 PM

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 3:56 PM

Just curious on if you guys are planning to use the recommended lawyers, Clark and Clark, or someone else?

I took a look at their fee estimation (http://qualex.ca/wp-content/uploads/...Clark-Fees.pdf) and it seems to be somewhat pricey. IIRC I thought a well priced fee would be around ~$1,100 all-in?

Old Posted Jan 11, 2016, 5:15 PM
Love skyscrapers

Don't care for the top . Are these twins? Both buildings look same height.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2016, 12:54 AM
ARTchitecture

Mark - 34 storeys - 107 meters

Mark by Chadillaccc, on Flickr

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2016, 2:54 PM

Construction Wrapping Up at Mark on 10th

Quote:
Another towering addition to the burgeoning Beltline skyline in Calgary is now receiving its finishing touches. The 35-storey Mark on 10th, a project by Qualex-Landmark, is nearly complete after celebrating its topping off in June of 2015.

Designed by BKDI Architects and Rafii Architects, the development houses 274 units in a tower accented by multicoloured spandrel panels. Inside, a large installation by famed Canadian artist Douglas Coupland will grace the lobby. The one- and two-bedroom suites will be finished with a variety of homey materials, including wide plank laminate flooring and expansive windows. Balconies allow residents to enjoy some fresh air while they gaze upon the growing Beltline neighbourhood.

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 3:25 AM

Only a few years from vacant lots to a trio of towers.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2016, 12:32 AM

Not much work left on the 8th Street side, so hopefully they will open the sidewalk again soon.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2016, 7:38 PM

Pdi

Has anyone had their PDI at Mark yet? I am fifth floor and haven't had mine yet and I presume they're working upwards, so I'm a bit surprised nothing yet....

Old Posted Mar 16, 2016, 8:41 PM

Hi there, been following the Mark on this forum since I purchased a unit. To help with your question about PDO look here: http://qualex.ca/homeowners/mark-homeowners/

This is what they updated on the homeowner site (URL above)

ESTIMATED PRE DELIVERY ORIENTATION SCHEDULE

Level 10 to 13 Last Week of March
Level 14,15,18,20 First Week of April
Level 21 to 26 Second Week of April
Level 27 to 33 Third Week of April
Level 16,17,19,24 Last Week of April
Level 28,3,4,5,6 First Week of May
Level 7 to 9 Second Week of May
**You will be notified via email of your actual PDO date and time. Please note that the PDO schedule is not a Closing (or PI) schedule**

Old Posted Mar 17, 2016, 12:40 PM

Yes I saw that just after I posted (it went up the day after I posted so perhaps they read these boards?). Strange order, but all good news - no massive delay.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 10:33 PM

Looks like they extended possession dates to May-June from late April-May. Oh well, can't wait to have my walk through and finally take possession, been a long time waiting.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borN View Post
Looks like they extended possession dates to May-June from late April-May. Oh well, can't wait to have my walk through and finally take possession, been a long time waiting.
Which floor are you on? Any idea on the amount of days from the PDI to possession?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterdreamer View Post
Which floor are you on? Any idea on the amount of days from the PDI to possession?
22nd floor so PDO is scheduled for the second week of April, though haven't been contacted by them yet.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 9:20 PM

Well, let's hope there aren't any more delays.

According to 6(c) of my PA, Sep 30, 2016 is the deadline for occupancy permits, after which either party can cancel the agreement, and we get our deposits back.

My bank's appraiser was turned away a couple of weeks ago, citing that changes were being made to my unit, and it wasn't ready to be appraised.

I have no idea what those changes would be, and AFAIK, the appraiser has not been back yet.

It's looking like I'll be out of town for my PDO, and I'm considering having a home inspector attend the PDO, as my designate.

I'm hoping the first group of PDOs did happen this week ... they're no longer showing in the schedule on the homeowner resources page.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 12:03 AM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
Well, let's hope there aren't any more delays.

According to 6(c) of my PA, Sep 30, 2016 is the deadline for occupancy permits, after which either party can cancel the agreement, and we get our deposits back.

My bank's appraiser was turned away a couple of weeks ago, citing that changes were being made to my unit, and it wasn't ready to be appraised.

I have no idea what those changes would be, and AFAIK, the appraiser has not been back yet.

It's looking like I'll be out of town for my PDO, and I'm considering having a home inspector attend the PDO, as my designate.

I'm hoping the first group of PDOs did happen this week ... they're no longer showing in the schedule on the homeowner resources page.
Wow. How can you miss your PDO? Should always have a home inspector with you.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I know ... I didn't expect possessions to slip 9 months, and now the PDO is slated for a time that I will be out of the country.

But, that's life

Thanks for the encouragement regarding sending a home inspector as my designate for the PDO ... as far as I can see, it's the only viable option.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
How common is hiring a home inspector during your pre-delivery inspection? I'm thinking it's going to cost around $500 to hire one of these and I just don't see the point given the new alberta home warranty.

Perhaps somebody can shed some more light into this?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 2:19 PM

Quote:
How common is hiring a home inspector during your pre-delivery inspection? I'm thinking it's going to cost around $500 to hire one of these and I just don't see the point given the new alberta home warranty.

My thoughts exactly. I understand the value that inspectors can add when purchasing pre-owned homes, but for a large scale condo that's a new build coupled with the new home warranty...especially when they won't normally check common areas/anything outside the condo, not sure the value add there.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 3:06 PM

From my experience, the main things to check for are some idea of square footage (the developer is usually allowed MINOR variance to this as per the contract, and this is a grey area, but the courts generally assume that 4-5% is minor) AND the ceiling height, which is quoted at 9 feet in the living areas, etc (again some variance is allowed). These are the key things that are impossible to rectify once you have handed over your cash.... You have been warned. Specification can be varied to any extent, with no recourse, other than developer goodwill.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2016, 4:13 PM
I am the law!

Quote:

What's a few hundred bucks on a $300,000+ purchase.

The warranty program is actually setup by developers to protect themselves from purchasers making false claims. Once you sign off, you can't go back and claim a crack/scratch/ dent/whatever after the PDO. I don't see much of a point to making measurements. Thee are more than enough loopholes for developers to make changes to your floor plan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive