HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 18, 2011, 6:46 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

I agree, that's the reason Red Bull Arena was built with a much lower capacity in mind and specifically for soccer.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 11:15 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/pre...adLine_id=1478

Quote:
At its monthly meeting this afternoon the Board of Commissioners took the following actions...

-Authorized a purchase and sale agreement with Benharjay Realty for the purchase of a 2.12 acre lot in the town of Harrison, NJ, which includes three single-story industrial buildings, for the future redevelopment of the Harrison PATH Station.

-Authorized a $4.8 million project for the demolition of three existing connected single-story manufacturing buildings for the future redevelopment of the Harrison PATH Station.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 2:06 AM
New Yorker for life

This has already become a great development, and a lot more is on the way.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...ed_path_s.html

Harrison hopes upgraded PATH station will help welcome commuters with a grand new view

By Steve Strunsky
April 5, 2012

Quote:
Direct access to Manhattan, Jersey City and Hoboken by PATH train has been a cornerstone of Harrison’s plan of transform itself from an industrial center into a commuter hub. Hundreds of condominiums and rental units are already built, under construction or planned for the area surrounding the local PATH station. A multi-phase residential and commercial project now being developed adjacent to the Harrison station is called, aptly enough, Harrison Station.

The problem, though, has been the station itself. Built in 1936, it is cramped and in desperate need of upgrades. Anyone riding an NJ Transit or Amtrak train through Newark passes the aging platforms against a backdrop of empty lots and abandoned factory buildings. So developers and town officials cheered Wednesday’s announcement that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will spend more than a quarter-billion dollars to replace the 76-year-old station with a far grander, more accessible terminal of glass and steel to serve the 7,000 commuters who use the facility each weekday.

"It’s the best news we could have heard," said Greg Russo, a principal in Ironstate Development Company of Hoboken, which just completed a 275-unit apartment building as part of the Harrison Station project, with a hotel and another rental apartment building planned. "Nothing more important or significant could happen relative to Harrison’s redevelopment."

Harrison, with an ethnically and racially diverse population of 13,600, has sought to take advantage of its proximity to New York City along the PATH corridor by remaking itself as a bedroom and back-office community. The soccer stadium, opened in 2010, helped to kick start the process under a redevelopment plan adopted in 2003 that calls for 6,500 housing units, four million square feet of commercial space and a million square feet of retail. Planning for the new PATH station has been in the works for several years. One element of the new station will be longer platforms, designed to accommodate 10-car trains the Port Authority plans to begin using along the World Trade Center branch between Newark and lower Manhattan.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 4:41 PM
New Yorker for life

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/04/...-developments/

Harrison, N.J. hopes to attract New Yorkers with new residential developments

A rendering of the Harrison Station development, at 300 Somerset Street

April 23, 2012

Quote:
A long-neglected city in New Jersey, Harrison, is set to add 1,000 residential units by the end of the year, the Wall Street Journal reported. The developments, such as Harrison Station, a 275-unit rental building developed by Ironstate Development and Pegasus Group at 300 Somerset Street, are a symptom of the state’s shifting demographics. As suburbs have been hit harder by foreclosures, cities, even in the Garden State, have increasingly become the centers of development. Harrison is betting that with new apartment development and good access to transit, the town can boom again.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

New Jersey Town Bets Big on PATH

A new rental development in Harrison, near the town's PATH station.

By LAURA KUSISTO And JESSICA FIRGER
August 22, 2012

Quote:
A half dozen developers are planning to break ground on more than 1,000 new units, primarily rentals, in Harrison by the end of the year. The construction is part of an even more ambitious idea: to add 13,000 units over the next decade to a town that has just 13,000 residents now. And it's a gamble. That's about as many new rental units as are slated to sprout in Brooklyn in the coming years.

Harrison's redevelopment in many ways reflects a continuing reversal in the state's fortunes. As single-family homes in leafy suburban towns languish, cities are experiencing a bit of a revival because of their proximity to public transportation. "This doesn't mean the suburbs are going to disappear, but it really makes sense for people who are close to New York," said Stuart Meck, an associate research professor at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy.

In the mid-twentieth century tens of thousands of employees streamed into Harrison's industrial zone each day, home to companies like RCA electronics and Otis Elevator Co. About 15 years ago, the city created a plan for developing the 250-acre former industrial section of Harrison into a primarily residential community.

Harrison still faces significant hurdles: The developers will have to create retail and green space, where there is currently almost none, and the new developments are isolated from the already limited downtown core.

But the success of one of the area's recent rental developments has given other developers the confidence to move forward. Harrison Station—a 275-unit rental building built by Ironstate Development and Pegasus Group on remediated brown fields—began leasing in September and is fully rented.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 7:43 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/01/15...e-development/

Advance gets okay for transit village development

January 15, 2014

Quote:
Advance Realty announced a milestone at Riverbend District, the company’s transit-oriented, Smart Growth award-winning development in Harrison, N.J.

The developer has received approval from the Town of Harrison to develop 345 luxury apartments and 18,000 s/f of retail space.

The development will take place on a portion of Riverbend known as “Block D.” The vibrant mix of residential and retail space will play an integral role in the continued success of the Harrison Waterfront Redevelopment Project, the town’s revitalization plan that capitalizes on its transit-friendly PATH.

Consisting of a mix of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom loft-style apartments, the residential portion of Block D, which is located adjacent to Red Bull Arena, will put residents close to multiple modes of mass transit and a centrally located, onsite PATH station that will benefit from the Port Authority of NY and NJ’s $256 million investment to completely redevelop and modernize the station.

The retail component, which will feature a sports-themed bar and restaurant, a gym and various other offerings.

The transformation of a long underused former manufacturing and industrial site, the 35-acre Riverbend District extends the Harrison street grid, creating six new city blocks and providing the foundation for a new neighborhood.

“The receipt of this approval is an exciting next step in the continued revitalization of the Harrison riverfront and the area surrounding Red Bull Arena,” said Michael Sommer, managing director of development of Advance Realty.

“I’d like to thank the Harrison Redevelopment Agency and the Planning Board for embracing our vision for the area. We look forward to bringing to market this significant component of the Riverbend District, which is one of the largest urban redevelopment projects underway in New Jersey and is quickly becoming one of the state’s premier mixed-use transit villages.”

Riverbend District, which has been honored by the Hudson County Planning Board with a Smart Growth Silver Award for its role in the continued development of a mixed-use, compact, pedestrian-friendly transit village, will feature additional retail, a hotel and office space.

Panasonic Corporation of North America recently moved into its new technology center that Advance developed at the site. This build-to-suit facility houses the company’s engineering offices, a lab and various testing facilities.

Located in the southern portion of town, Harrison’s 250-acre redevelopment area encompasses 32 percent of the town’s 1.2 square miles. The town’s master plan calls for the transformation of the area over 10 years.

The area is within a mile of Downtown Newark, less than five miles from Jersey City and eight miles from Manhattan.
http://www.harrisonstn.com/photogallery.aspx

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 9:01 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of April 22nd, 2014...
Photo Credit: Brandon Nagle of UvM

Dey/Bergen Street Condos:

©Brandon Nagle

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 9:09 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of April 22nd, 2014...
Photo Credit: Brandon Nagle of UvM

Harrison Commons Second Building:
(Frank E Rodgers Blvd South/Railroad Ave)

©Brandon Nagle

1000 Frank E Rodgers Blvd South:

©Brandon Nagle

Old Posted May 25, 2014, 12:01 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

HARRISON | 300 Angelo Cifelli Drive | FT | 4 FLOORS

"...leasing would start in Summer 2015"

©tbal @ WNY

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 2:31 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

As of May 20th, 2014...
Photo Credit: Nexis4Jersey

Harrison,New Jersey by Nexis4Jersey09, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 8, 2014, 10:56 PM

Are there any plans for a more direct walking route to penn station?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 3:03 AM

It is not needed, because this entire development is centered aound the PATH station, that will allow the people going to Dontown AND Midtown Manhattan in a few minutes, with direct combination to many NY Subway lines.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
It is not needed, because this entire development is centered aound the PATH station, that will allow the people going to Dontown AND Midtown Manhattan in a few minutes, with direct combination to many NY Subway lines.
No, it is needed because theres more retail and food in Newark, and nobody wants to pay $2.50 each way to cross a small river.

Further, the NJTransit train to penn is many times faster, and it would be faster to walk than wait for PATH, pay, and then wait and pay again.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post
Are there any plans for a more direct walking route to penn station?
I guess the answer is no. The recent developments in Harrison is entirely due to the PATH station, and as far as transit options, the residents of this development are reliant entirely on PATH to get to and from Newark or New York. It would also be a pain in the butt to head west to Newark only to head back east to NYC. Are you sure it's a faster option? At best it would probably take about the same time to get from Harrison to Midtown via PATH as Harrison to Newark to New York Penn via NJT. PATH is a no brainer heading downtown or to Brooklyn.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2014, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
I guess the answer is no. The recent developments in Harrison is entirely due to the PATH station, and as far as transit options, the residents of this development are reliant entirely on PATH to get to and from Newark or New York. It would also be a pain in the butt to head west to Newark only to head back east to NYC. Are you sure it's a faster option? At best it would probably take about the same time to get from Harrison to Midtown via PATH as Harrison to Newark to New York Penn via NJT. PATH is a no brainer heading downtown or to Brooklyn.
On weekends, PATH is a disaster. Forced transfer, 20 minute waits, and 5 minutes sitting in Hoboken.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 4:45 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Last edited by Nexis4Jersey; Aug 22, 2014 at 4:30 AM.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 11:43 PM

update

Anyone have any updated pictures of the development? I see one of the 4 lots at the arena is occupied with a beautiful new apartment complex "Vermella Harrison" ... Any news on what else is coming there?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development