HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 3:24 AM
Majestic

Some more of that stuff:

Schools

Fort McMurray

Project:
Fort McMurray Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 32, New School St. Martha School (Tendered)

Capacity/Description:
500 students

Grand Prairie

Project:
Northwest Francophone Education Region No. 1, Modernization Parkside Elementary School and Ecole Nouvelle Frontiere (Untendered)

Capacity/Description:
Preservation Project

Project:
Grande Prairie Public School District No. 2357, New School Mission Heights / Ivy Lake Elementary / Junior High School (Untendered)

Capacity/Description:
450 students

Project:
Grande Prairie Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 28, Addition and Modernization Ecole St. Gerard Roman Catholic Separate School (Tendered)

Capacity/Description:
694 students

Medicine Hat

Project:
Medicine Hat Catholic Separate Regional Division No. 20, New School Notre Dame Academy (Tendered)

Capacity/Description:
470 students

Red Deer

Project:
Red Deer School District No. 104, Addition and Modernization Lindsay Thurber Composite High School (Tendered)

Capacity/Description:
2,200 students

Flickr

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 3:35 AM
BANNED

BOnd centre

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 3:36 AM
Majestic

^ Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted.

Got a link, by any chance?

Flickr

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 3:40 AM
BANNED

Yup, here:

http://www.bzka.com

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 4:26 AM
ET: Quake Wars

The proposed high-rises for Fort Mac. seem to be on the expensive side, wouldn't it be a lot more profitable for Fort Mac. to start off with a standard 20-story high-rise that's relatively in coherence with the prices in the rest of the town?
Battlefield 2142: 88957820

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown.myth View Post
The proposed high-rises for Fort Mac. seem to be on the expensive side, wouldn't it be a lot more profitable for Fort Mac. to start off with a standard 20-story high-rise that's relatively in coherence with the prices in the rest of the town?
That entire town is on the expensive side, there really isn't cheap, affordable housing in Fort Mac.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown.myth View Post
Ummm... Fort Mac is the most expensive city in the country to rent in.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris550 View Post
holy shit, is this seriously a proposal?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 4:38 PM
Hicksville Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post

BOnd centre
Great rendering ... hope it gets built! Is it to be built somewhere in the downtown area off of Franklin Avenue or, elsewhere in Fort Mac?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 4:52 PM
Hicksville Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
University of Lethbridge's Expansion Plans

Phase I

Phase II

http://www.uleth.ca/exp/plan/#morepics

The light grey is existing, the dark grey is proposed.
Do you know if Arthur Erikson is the architect of record for the expansion or, does his firm have any involvement in the expansion?

Also of note, here in BC a bunch of the larger regional colleges (eg. Fraser Valley Regional, Okanagan) are being converted into something between a 'true' college and a 'true' unversity as in they now grant degrees etc ... I wonder if Alberta's larger regional colleges will follow suit (eg. Red Deer Regional, Grand Prairie Regional and Northern Lights etc.)?

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 4:52 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post

BOnd centre

Thats hawt!

That's not!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 6:30 PM
I am the law!

^I wouldn't want either in my backyard. What is with that podium for those towers? - their in house architect should be shot

Old Posted Jun 8, 2007, 9:56 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

In GP, don't forget that there's a $250-300 million hospital to go up in the city's NW side at 132 Ave and 108 St. If there was a rendering for it, I'd post a pic of it, but...

I also want to show three possible redevelopment proposals for Germaine Park, which was a small park in downtown GP.

Anybody who's lived in GP long enough will realize that Germaine park has long been a hangout for local addicts, drunks, bums and other creeps, partly because the city put up grooved concrete "barriers" with plants on top and also that it sat between two buildings and backed out on to an alley. The park's now been demolished, and they want something to go up there. Across the street, the York Hotel, just east of 214 Place (GP's tallest), is slated to be demolished soon, though no date's been set.

A library and aquatic/rec centre is proposed for downtown GP, at a large empty lot west of 99 St and north of 101 Ave. That was the site of a junior high school built in the 1960s, but it was demolished in the late 1990s, I think.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 1:38 AM

Those 2 towers in Fort Mac is far from starting construction.
They were supposed to start last summer and said this summer they will begin.
Currently there is no sign of them starting. Only progress is that the used car dealership is gone from part of the lot they're building on. They still have yet to demolish the Morrison Centre. Which doesn't look to be clearing out soon.

I'm most excited for the new bridges, highways, and twinning of hwy 63. It's been long overdue. The amount of traffic and heavy haulers carrying wide loads. Knowing people that lost their lives and people that almost.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 6:33 AM
Hicksville Perspective

Hot damn, Alberta Highways is finally twinning hwy 63 ... about f'n time!!! From where to where and what's the proposed time line? Also, do you have any information on the longgggggggggggggg proposed paved highway from around Fort Mac to the Peace River area?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCoaster View Post
Do you know if Arthur Erikson is the architect of record for the expansion or, does his firm have any involvement in the expansion?
I have absolutely no idea. I just did a google search for "University of Lethbridge Master Plan"

I was mainly interested because I grew up in Lethbridge close to the university, my sister went there, and my brother currently goes there.

I paid a visit there less than a month ago and they had recently completed a new gymnasium and fitness centre, it looked pretty good. They are also working on an expansion to another building although I can't remember which. I can certainly see expansion being ramped up there since their enrollment is growing quite a bit, partially due to Calgary-area kids that can't get into U of C due to enrollment space issues.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCentaur View Post
In GP, don't forget that there's a $250-300 million hospital to go up in the city's NW side at 132 Ave and 108 St. If there was a rendering for it, I'd post a pic of it, but...

I also want to show three possible redevelopment proposals for Germaine Park, which was a small park in downtown GP.

Anybody who's lived in GP long enough will realize that Germaine park has long been a hangout for local addicts, drunks, bums and other creeps, partly because the city put up grooved concrete "barriers" with plants on top and also that it sat between two buildings and backed out on to an alley. The park's now been demolished, and they want something to go up there. Across the street, the York Hotel, just east of 214 Place (GP's tallest), is slated to be demolished soon, though no date's been set.

A library and aquatic/rec centre is proposed for downtown GP, at a large empty lot west of 99 St and north of 101 Ave. That was the site of a junior high school built in the 1960s, but it was demolished in the late 1990s, I think.
Thanks for the GP updates. Do you know what is to become of the old public library? For Germaine Park, I like the third proposal the best. It's good because that one little half-block was one of the only blights on an otherwise nice smaller-scale city.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 4:48 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

^I don't know what they'll do with the old library when the new one opens. But I can remember when it used to be an ALCB liquor store!

As for when the new library/rec centre starts construction - I don't know. It depends on the funding they're getting, which isn't much yet. Not only that, the labour shortage is so bad in GP that I'm told they can't even find a contractor to build the Fusion Plaza, which is the 12-storey three tower condo project. Hell, my sister in law's dad is a home builder and he tells me that they have a lot of trouble even keeping builders for long.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 5:27 PM
Hicksville Perspective

Yikes that really is a labour shortage ... sad and concerning thing is major projects around the province, like the 3 tower project in GP you've mentioned, may start getting nixed due to rapidly rising construction costs and labour shortages .....

Also, do you have some renderings of the 3 tower project in GP? ... Even @ a modest 12 stories a 3 tower project is fairly significant for a city the size of GP ...

Old Posted Jun 9, 2007, 8:13 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

^ I wouldn't be surprised if the whole project did get axed for those reasons you said. The height of this project was a bit surprising to me, because it's supposed to go up only a couple of km directly east of one of the runways at GP's airport.

This is just one of them.

And this is the website for it.
http://www.fusionplaza.ca/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia