HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 9:41 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's GUANGZHOU SUBURBS photo thread

Guangzhou's suburbs are worth visiting for various different reasons. I took a long weekend to Shunde, which is south of the city, which is famous for its food. But I can't eat continuously all day, so spent some time looking for other attractions to see in between my feasts.

It wasn't very reassuring when the driver wondered why we were heading to Fengjian Water Town just west of Shunde's city centre. He thought there wasn't much worth seeing and we wouldn't want to come back again. I had not expected the spectacle in Shanghai's water towns, but this place would be a good place to relax for a few hours during a warm afternoon.
This town is made of a number of small sandy islands whose history dates back to the Western Han Dynasty, with a number of historic bridges across the waterways.

As usual with a lot of China's historic attractions, it is heavily commercialized with market streets selling all sorts of food items.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/guangzhou.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos