HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 11:50 AM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Ugh, I guess my 2.5-year-old computer isn't the gaming machine she once was. I'll have to play on lower settings as well. I got most of the way through the tutorial before I got booted from the server. Copes, where could you see the wait time to get back on? I don't see anything like that.
It came up above the playbutton for me. Saying the server was full and I would reconnect in 20 minutes. It then counted down.

I'm having my own issue this morning. Tried to pop on and do a few things I thought of last night, before I came to work, and it wouldn't let me open the game. I clicked the "Play" button in Origin... and nothing happened. It just sort of sat there. Couldn't open the game for the life of me. I restarted the client and rebooted my computer. No luck.

I don't think servers were down because my friends list said Ryan was playing...

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Sounds like you are all having fun, but it sounds frustrating and full of glitches. I was thinking of buying this, so is it worth it ?? Also the computer I am using is probably adequate but near the lower limits of system requirements. The last one I was familiar with is SC 3000.
I think the server issues will probably fix itself after a little time when less people are playing all at once. And I also have pretty much minimum system requirements to run the game, though I think all I really need is a better graphics card and it'd probably run a little more smoothly.

Played again last night before bed, it ran much more smooth. I have an outstanding view of Cope Land's skyline from across the bay. I may screencap it after work, though with my lower settings it doesn't look very impressive

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
It came up above the playbutton for me. Saying the server was full and I would reconnect in 20 minutes. It then counted down.

I'm having my own issue this morning. Tried to pop on and do a few things I thought of last night, before I came to work, and it wouldn't let me open the game. I clicked the "Play" button in Origin... and nothing happened. It just sort of sat there. Couldn't open the game for the life of me. I restarted the client and rebooted my computer. No luck.

I don't think servers were down because my friends list said Ryan was playing...
I was having crazy trouble getting into my city last night, they wouldnt let me in .. it would load and just keep loading and many times just said cannot access city at this moment blah blah blah .. I had to abandon the city .. wait till the servers were working again then reclaim it ..

The game is awesome but they n\just need to iron out these initial issues

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:36 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
I think the server issues will probably fix itself after a little time when less people are playing all at once. And I also have pretty much minimum system requirements to run the game, though I think all I really need is a better graphics card and it'd probably run a little more smoothly.

Played again last night before bed, it ran much more smooth. I have an outstanding view of Cope Land's skyline from across the bay. I may screencap it after work, though with my lower settings it doesn't look very impressive
Would love to see it. Cope Landing was coming along nicely last night. I find the easiest way to get taller buildings is upgrading roads. I discovered it when trying to fix traffic problems. Almost instantly after a road upgrade, small buildings come down and taller ones go up.

If someone with an impressive computer who can run with graphics on full would be willing to take some time and do a region tour... get a couple shots of each city, it would be cool to see. Get updated pictures of each city every few days, like Signal does in St. John's. When I build my computer I'll happily do it, but it'd be cool to get some pics after day one. Just pop into each city as a visitor and look for cool angles like the one Marty mentions.

It's a shame. My settings are so low, the first cultural building I plopped doesn't even appear. I just see the footprint, but it doesn't extend into the sky.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:37 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Oh my God, this game is so hard. I've basically given up trying to make curved streets. It definitely works better with a grid system.

Also... they're so capitalist. "Buying things makes Sims happy", etc.

And I'm full of ground pollution.

I'm going to try to save up enough money to start over, ha!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Oh my God, this game is so hard. I've basically given up trying to make curved streets. It definitely works better with a grid system.

Also... they're so capitalist. "Buying things makes Sims happy", etc.

And I'm full of ground pollution.

I'm going to try to save up enough money to start over, ha!
your damn criminals and arsonists keep coming to my city from yours! lol it's really causing problems lol

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:52 PM

My little city is coming along. I can prob run everything on max to snap a few shots so I might try that over the region tonight.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:59 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Jeddy... I bulldozed most of my city... most of my square is polluted. lol I have to wait for the forest to clean the ground.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:04 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Jeddy... I bulldozed most of my city... most of my square is polluted. lol I have to wait for the forest to clean the ground.
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. Your city actually looked kind of like St. John's. I liked it, although I was kind go wondering how much it could grow before the roads got in the way.

Rw, happy to hear that. I can't wait to see your photos of the first 24 hours. Would love it if you'd get a few shots from inside the cities as well (not just region view) and post them up. One of the things I'm most looking forward to my new computer for is pausing my game and zooming in and exploring on street level. Right now, its not really worth it for me to do that. Looks too mediocre.

I just want to know why my play button doesn't work.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:30 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

I'm worried about how long it'll take for the pollution to clear up. I planted trees like some random Yahoo Answers response said (ha!), but they died from the pollution without cleaning it up noticeably.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:45 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
I'm worried about how long it'll take for the pollution to clear up. I planted trees like some random Yahoo Answers response said (ha!), but they died from the pollution without cleaning it up noticeably.
Could Signal Hill be doomed to become an industrial wasteland? :o

Build lots of hospitals and just say screw the environment.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:51 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Here's what's left of Signal Hill... lol with my polluted brown wasteland. Copes Landing and Summit Vista off in the distance.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:51 PM

im so jealous and hate you guys for being able to play right now!! I'm going home for lunch just for this game hahaha

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:56 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

And here's Cope Landing...

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 2:05 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Thanks for that. Was curious what it actually looked like. Edificio Copan won't even show up for me. Was wondering what that section of town looked like on a good computer. Much better than on mine.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 2:16 PM

hey Signal could you get a shot of Nuevo Destino, It probably looks cool with the Harbour and mountains in the background

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 2:20 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Ta-da:

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Ta-da:

thanks, Not bad for a total of just about and hour and a half playing

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 8:17 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

I suck at this game. I'm trying to keep Signal Hill hobbling along bringing in more than $1,000/hr. If I save up enough, I can buy out Cope Landing.

Seriously, though... just awful. But I have learned a few tricks.

We should try a few different regions together. Even pick one of those big 16-player regions so we can have more than one city eventually.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
thanks, Not bad for a total of just about and hour and a half playing
Pretty cool! Looks similar to Cape Town, South Africa, but I think it's because of the mountains in the background.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's