HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Feb 20, 2010, 2:21 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride View Post
I just got a cat! His name is Hodge. He is 4 yrs old and I got him from a family moving to Texas who couldn't take him with them. He is an American Shorthair Silver Tabby.

Cute!! Those Persian type faces make me melt (the cat, that is).

Old Posted Feb 20, 2010, 2:56 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Thanks for the nice comments! He must be part persian cause everyone keeps telling me that....

Here are some more pics. A couple are bad quality cause they were taken with my camera phone.

Goin' fishin'

Helping me assemble my ikea drop leaf table. He found a comfy triangle to sit in. He has a naturally mean looking face which belies his super friendly personality.

Lap nap

He loves watching birds. I have two feeders in the backyard.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2010, 3:13 AM
Meh

Cute. He has Garfield's face and Nermal's color.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2010, 3:59 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Cute. He has Garfield's face and Nermal's color.
I had to google who nermal is but yeah, you are right. Looks like Nermal was a silver tabby; And Hodge's previous owners loved telling people how he looked like garfield.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:17 AM
Posh

My cat has turned into destructo-cat. Posters and maps on the walls exist to be torn off. Towels on the rack exist to be pulled down. Everything else exists to be scrached at. And my hand exists to be wrestled with and bludgeoned.

And she has devised some ingenious ways to get my attention - all of which work.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 10:25 AM

Cats are so cute. I love all the pictures.
Hodge is so sweat. He looks so nice when he is sleeping on your arm. I also want a cat.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 3:40 AM
Closed account

My cat Max has taken up residence on the very top of my recliner, right above my head. We have a little game where he taps me on the head and I turn around and pet him. When I'm sitting here in the recliner with my laptop, looking at SSP, we play the game over and over.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 3:12 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Photos or it didn't happen.

I miss my cat...

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:55 AM
BANNED

can anyone tell me why elvis would have just started peeing all over the place?

He is a 6 year old ball-less male cat. He has been litter box perfect since I got him 4 years ago except for one time when he peed on my shoe a few years ago.

Well lately we have noticed a urine odor coming from the living room and could not find where it was coming from at all. Turns out he had been peeing on both couches in between the cushins. There was one place he did not pee (one end of the couch) that just so happens to be a place where nobody ever sits. He has been pooing in his box, but apparently peeing everhwehere else. He also peed a few times in the guest bedroom, which is an empty bedroom at this time.

I put him on the 2nd floor patio out front for tonight with his litter and food/water while we are letting the basically vinegar soaked couch dry out. Does anyone know why this behavior would begin all of a sudden? There are no other pets in the house, and no major changes have occured in the home as well. We did notice though that he is peeing only where we sit on each couch. Is he trying to tell us something? Is he mad? And if so, why the guest bedroom as well? we never go in there.

I got him a bed one day before this happened and he laid in it all day. The next day we discovered that he had peed in it. I washed it and put it back, same thing happened again. Ever since, I guess he has been peeing on our couches. The same day he got the bed, I also had a friend over who he does not like, but has never peed when that friend came over before. Also that same day, I got a new brand of litter... though it was not put in the box until just the day before yesterday.

HELP! I don't want to just leave the cat outside to have him fend for himself. I mean, I hate him but that doesn't mean it's right to make someone who has been an indoor cat all of a sudden have to survive outside.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 7:08 AM
not a NIMBY

It may not be a behavioural problem, it could be physiological. Cats are prone to kidney failure and diabetes and peeing everywhere could be a sign of physical distress even if the cat appears healthy.
You should definitely take the cat to a vet and if there is nothing wrong physically with the cat, the vet could suggest strategies to cope with behavioural issues.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Pride View Post
Thanks for the nice comments! He must be part persian cause everyone keeps telling me that....

Here are some more pics. A couple are bad quality cause they were taken with my camera phone.

Helping me assemble my ikea drop leaf table. He found a comfy triangle to sit in. He has a naturally mean looking face which belies his super friendly personality.

He loves watching birds. I have two feeders in the backyard.
Cats are always so helpful when you have a job to do.

I also have a couple of bird feeders in the back and it is almost endless entertainment for the cats.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 6:23 PM

Here are a couple of Chloe and Kramer doing what they do best - resting!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 2:56 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
can anyone tell me why elvis would have just started peeing all over the place?

He is a 6 year old ball-less male cat. He has been litter box perfect since I got him 4 years ago except for one time when he peed on my shoe a few years ago.

Well lately we have noticed a urine odor coming from the living room and could not find where it was coming from at all. Turns out he had been peeing on both couches in between the cushins. There was one place he did not pee (one end of the couch) that just so happens to be a place where nobody ever sits. He has been pooing in his box, but apparently peeing everhwehere else. He also peed a few times in the guest bedroom, which is an empty bedroom at this time.

I put him on the 2nd floor patio out front for tonight with his litter and food/water while we are letting the basically vinegar soaked couch dry out. Does anyone know why this behavior would begin all of a sudden? There are no other pets in the house, and no major changes have occured in the home as well. We did notice though that he is peeing only where we sit on each couch. Is he trying to tell us something? Is he mad? And if so, why the guest bedroom as well? we never go in there.

I got him a bed one day before this happened and he laid in it all day. The next day we discovered that he had peed in it. I washed it and put it back, same thing happened again. Ever since, I guess he has been peeing on our couches. The same day he got the bed, I also had a friend over who he does not like, but has never peed when that friend came over before. Also that same day, I got a new brand of litter... though it was not put in the box until just the day before yesterday.

HELP! I don't want to just leave the cat outside to have him fend for himself. I mean, I hate him but that doesn't mean it's right to make someone who has been an indoor cat all of a sudden have to survive outside.
I've had this happen a couple of times, and both times it was a medical problem (bladder or kidney infection that caused pain).

Regarding what to do with the couch, you should try the enzyme solutions available at Petsmart or similar stores. Nature's Miracle works well, as does Simple Solutions. Simple Solutions is cheaper.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 3:47 AM
BANNED

Well we discovered he also peed in my girlfriends wii controller and her art box. Given that he has not peed on any of my hundreds of belongings, we feel confident he is marking her things as his.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 3:50 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Haha, my dad's female cat often pees on his clothes if they're on the floor, sort of claiming him as her own (she hates all things female, and is very affectionate with men).

Old Posted Mar 2, 2010, 5:13 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Vicelord, I'm pretty sure your cat is ill with a urinary tract infection or something like that. You should take him into the vet for an examination as soon as you can.

Flickr®

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 3:50 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

i have no idea wtf she was staring at, but ive NEVER seen an expression like this on a cat, never.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 8:02 AM
I am a typical

Really? Stick one in the window where there are birds outside.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 4:21 AM
Posh

Old Posted Mar 23, 2010, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
i have no idea wtf she was staring at, but ive NEVER seen an expression like this on a cat, never.

Great picture.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography