HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 2:32 PM

Happy 201st page!! Heee!!! HAAAA!!!

My opinion about the 4th Ave. shopping district is keep it as it is - electic except just clean and fix the place up. It's looking better now that the 4th ave. st has a brand new road thanks to the streetcar.

As for adding brand name stores/restaurants downtown and along west university, I'm all for it. The more variety the better. There are times when I want to take time eating in a restaurant so I go to the local restaurants. However, there are times when I want my meal cheap and quick - Subway. Groceries? Bring in Trader Joe's , Sprouts, Urban Target. If there's a local grocery store that Tucsonans actually go to ... go for it.

There are neighborhoods in Tucson that aren't worth designating a historical neighborhood. One of them is West Univerisity. Just because you have a handful of historical looking houses in a neighborhood doesn't make the rest of the neighborhood historical. West University has ugly old apts. And, I could guess, most of the people living there are students. My view, that the reason why owners of those rundown historical houses are so against new developments at or around West University is that they don't want to loose their customers, students, to those nice 21st century buildings. So I'm all for tearing down most of the West University 'historical' houses in place of 5+ story Paris-like buildings. Keep Linda Ronstadt's house for tourism purposes.

Sam Hughes Neighborhood, Armory Park and those nice barrios with tall adobe houses - KEEP IT. The neighborhood south of the UofA (6th ave/Broadway/Euclid/Campbell) - tear most of it down and turn it into a 'Paris'. In fact, I have a long list of neighborhoods I want tear down - one them is Rita Ranch ... sorry RRancher, might want to change your username to Sam Hughes.

There aren't too many cities in the U.S of A that's Paris-like. San Francisco is the only Paris-like city that I know. So if we transform Tucson into a southwest themed Paris (makes it unique), Tucson would flourish from a run-down city that looks like it's been used as a testing site for the A-bomb (or maybe the H-bomb) to a top tier city in the world! Please don't do this ->

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest