HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 4:38 AM

UTSA ranked among best young universities

UTSA is ranked number 53 on list of world's top 100 young universities. UTD is number 29.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/edu...es-3630734.php

Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 2:01 PM
JACKinBeantown

First of all, that's great to hear. I do want to point out something that is my opinion.

The article says, "Schools were compared based on the volume, income and reputation of their research output, their learning environment, campus diversity and other criteria."

I think too much emphasis is placed on research output when ranking universities. Research output has very little to do with the quality of education you'll receive as an undergraduate student. Research is something done predominantly by graduate students, so it's much more important when ranking the university's graduate programs.

There are great research leaders and there are great teachers. The two qualities are rarely found in the same faculty member.

Just my two cents. But again, that's great news for UTSA.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 4:13 PM

And today UTSA was ranked one of the world's Top 400 universities.

It's toward the bottom of the ranking and the lowest ranked Texas school, but it's right behind SMU and U of Houston. It's also better than Tech, U of North Texas, UT-Arlington, and UTEP, which are all competing for Tier 1 funding.

Hopefully breaking into the ranking is another good indication that UTSA is moving in the right direction. Making a world ranking could also help attract more top students from around the world.

Let's make San Antonio a real international city!

Quote:
UTSA ranked among top international universities
San Antonio Business Journal by Mike W. Thomas, Reporter

The rankings measure core missions of universities around the globe including assessments of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook. UTSA is one of 111 U.S. universities to make the list and among just 70 public institutions to do so.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni...rnational.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio