HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 11:21 PM

Pretty cool ^, hope they do the same with the gallery with a nice new building on top also.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 7:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just spoke with somebody earlier this week about the new signage. They told me it will be launching Dec 1st. It will definitely liven up that corner.

Link to their promo video for it here: http://streaming.a2amedia.net/Stream...LMICANNA1.html
very neat, thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know if any similar digital signage will accompany the Century21 build out?

Old Posted May 15, 2015, 6:06 PM

Does anyone know the current status of this project?

Old Posted May 18, 2015, 12:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjv007 View Post
Does anyone know the current status of this project?
There has been no news since last year. Hopefully its not dead in the water, but there has been nary a peep about this project since it went before the CDR process.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 10:56 PM

From Center City District Report: Maybe this one is still alive?

MELLON INDEPENDENCE CENTER (MIC) TOWER

DEVELOPER:
Brickstone Realty

SIZE:
377,321 sf

RESIDENTIAL UNITS:

START DATE:
TBD

COMPLETION DATE:
TBD

Announced

INVESTMENT:
$102 Million

DESCRIPTION:
The 400-foot, 377,321-sf mixed-use tower will be
designed by Stantec Architecture and will attach to the Lit
Brothers building on Market Street. It will be 35 stories, and
set back 180 feet from Market Street and 150 feet from 7th
and 8th Streets. The façade will primarily consist of white
and gray hues, so as not to distract from the Lits complex,
and the north-south orientation and setback will largely
protect the Market Street view. A new basement and lobby
will provide the residential component with an entrance. The
ground floor will feature new retail and the first five floors
above will be converted for office use.

http://www.centercityphila.org/docs/...pments2016.pdf

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 12:23 PM
BANNED

all they are doing is including the information we already had. We know its been announced, we know its been approved by the CDR folks. Nothing has happened since. A lot of stuff gets announced- it doesn't cost much to do so.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 3:28 PM

I think this one sits on the shelf for awhile.

Not saying it won't get built but with Mellon leaving the location and the remodeling of basically the whole common area, there is a lot going on here that would suggest Tower is on hold.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 2:17 AM

First time caller, long time listener here...

When I saw this branded content on the Philadelphia Inquirer website (link below) -- General Building Contractors Association promoting certain development projects in the City -- I noticed that the Mellon Independence Center was one of 29 in a list of projects that (apart from one other) I believe were recently completed, under construction, or undeniably moving forward. Is something really happening with this project, or is the case of the song on Sesame Street where "One of these things, is not like the other"? Only this project and the SLS Lux hotel project in a list of 29 appeared to be dead. Any news here?

http://www.philly.com/philly/brand/3...www.philly.com

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 12:00 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Mount Airy View Post
First time caller, long time listener here...

When I saw this branded content on the Philadelphia Inquirer website (link below) -- General Building Contractors Association promoting certain development projects in the City -- I noticed that the Mellon Independence Center was one of 29 in a list of projects that (apart from one other) I believe were recently completed, under construction, or undeniably moving forward. Is something really happening with this project, or is the case of the song on Sesame Street where "One of these things, is not like the other"? Only this project and the SLS Lux hotel project in a list of 29 appeared to be dead. Any news here?

http://www.philly.com/philly/brand/3...www.philly.com
I have no information about this, but I would point out that that "article" is really an advertorial (bleccccch, hate terms like that) written by the General Builders Contractors of America, and not written by philly.com.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 12:49 PM

Right, Skyscraper, that's precisely my point. It's advertising. That's what "branded content" is. The question is why is this seemingly dead project slipped into a list of 29 otherwise completed, under construction, or truly about to happen projects? The SLS hotel also makes the list, a project with a dubious future, but there's at least ersatz movement on it, according to the forum on that project.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Mount Airy View Post
Right, Skyscraper, that's precisely my point. It's advertising. That's what "branded content" is. The question is why is this seemingly dead project slipped into a list of 29 otherwise completed, under construction, or truly about to happen projects? The SLS hotel also makes the list, a project with a dubious future, but there's at least ersatz movement on it, according to the forum on that project.
Well there's an old render of 2400 Market on there which immediately caught my eye and 2400 Market is already underway with a completely different design. Perhaps this project can still be revived but it doesn't appear its appearance in the article means it's alive and kicking.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 10:35 PM

Which is a shame, because more skyscrapers in the Market East neighborhood would be great.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 5:47 PM

Welp... no information on this project in a while. Going to close this thread for now. I will reopen it if more information surfaces.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive