HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 2:33 PM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 2:44 PM

2100 Hamilton this morning:

[/url]

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:42 PM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 5:46 PM
Philly Rising Up!

545 project looks very stately.
510 project reminds me of Lincoln Square.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 6:41 PM

Thanks for the convenient links, McGrath. Especially in light of the early concept renderings, 510 is a big disappointment. Given the location, with proximity to transit and Center City, this is really dreaming small. The Mural West tower may be stealing some thunder, but it's hard to believe that this is the best they can manage.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Thanks for the convenient links, McGrath. Especially in light of the early concept renderings, 510 is a big disappointment. Given the location, with proximity to transit and Center City, this is really dreaming small. The Mural West tower may be stealing some thunder, but it's hard to believe that this is the best they can manage.
I agree. Highly disappointing compared to the prior proposal.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I agree. Highly disappointing compared to the prior proposal.
Agreed. I was hoping we'd have two knock out proposals on that intersection framing what is clearly the new entrance, if you will, to Center City...from the north.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:30 PM

50 Units for 701 S. Broad Street

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF1968 View Post
My God, hell has frozen over. Will Gamble sell Broad and Christian next? I can't even believe it.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 7:02 PM

The article makes a really valid and sad point that most of South Broad isn't zoned for dense development. Someone should probably tell Councilman Johnson that the way to stop "gentrification" of South Philly would be to allow denser developments along your main thoroughfare, which has a subway running underneath it.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 9:46 PM

Broad Street in general is on fire! LOL

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 9:47 PM

Designs to be presented for three big residential projects near Broad and Spring Garden in Philly

Quote:
Philadelphia’s design review board is slated to consider three new proposals next month that would together add more than 800 dwelling units to the burgeoning area at and near the corner of Broad and Spring Garden Streets, north of Center City.

The projects are:

-Alterra Property Group’s proposal for a seven-story, 498-unit mid-rise at the northwest corner of Broad and Spring Garden Street;

-Toll Bros.'s plan for a 368-unit tower complex near the entrance to the landscaped Rail Park on Noble Street that would rise as high as 18 stories;

-And Elk Street Management LLC’s nine-story, 108-unit project at the current site of a shuttered Goodyear auto-repair shop on the east side of Broad Street between Brandywine and Green Streets.
Read more here:
https://www.inquirer.com/real-estate...-20191121.html

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 9:55 PM

Man that Alterra project is ugly. Next to the Elk Street project, Mural West, and Broad and Noble, that's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 10:02 PM

Then there's Mural West as well..

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 10:13 PM
Philly Rising Up!

delete.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
The article makes a really valid and sad point that most of South Broad isn't zoned for dense development. Someone should probably tell Councilman Johnson that the way to stop "gentrification" of South Philly would be to allow denser developments along your main thoroughfare, which has a subway running underneath it.
Love that Broad and Bainbridge development and I agree with the point about the single-family zoning on Broad south of Washington, but I'd just point out that there are a lot of really nice brownstones (many are actually brownstones but not all) on South Broad that I would hate to see torn down for new schlock mid-rises like you see in University City. So I wouldnt want to have a zoning change that would lead to tear downs of the well-preserved examples. Many of these are already broken up into apartments as well often with medical offices on the ground floor. I can't imagine there are very many pure single family houses right on Broad. That being said, Broad is boring on most blocks and could have a lot more action. The empty lots should definitely all be mid-rise apartment buildings with ground floor commercial.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 2:17 AM
Philly Rising Up!

Some good stuff here with future developments on the Delaware River Waterfront:

https://whyy.org/articles/more-publi...er-waterfront/

One would think this stuff should have already been there and implemented in past developments, but again it looks like developers take the easy road or interpret it to the public's disadvantage. Do developers even have any training in urban planning? I'm glad to see these changes.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 8:00 PM

Potential 23rd and Cherry parking lot development by PMC?

Quote:
139-59 North 23rd St. (PMC parking lot)
PMC indicated that they wish to re-activate plans for the large parking lot on 23rd, between Race and Cherry. These discussions were very preliminary and were meant to gain an initial sense from LSNA on its attitudes around scale, density and height. A series of near neighbor meetings are being arranged.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...c3NGY0YWFhNjI5

Quote:
139-59 North 23rd St. (PMC parking lot)
Near neighbor LSNA Board members met with PMC on September 26 to discuss potential development of the parking lot at 23rd & Cherry/Race for an apartment complex. The discussion revolved around near neighbor construction fatigue and allowable height limits. PMC contended that the Parkway overlay 125’ height limit superseded the RM-1 zoning height limit of 38’ but this has since been rebutted by Iain Litwin of the Philadelphia Planning Commission per the information provided below:
“PMC is incorrect. We fixed this issue in 2015 with an amendment to §14-502(3) (Height Regulations. It seems you already found the bill. PMC should know this as well. The following height regulations apply to the areas set forth in each subsection. To the extent a property is subject to a height maximum set forth in this § 14-502(3) (Height Regulations) and a height maximum set forth elsewhere in this Code, the smaller maximum shall apply.” With this correspondence, PMC agrees there is no argument with the RM-1 38’ height limit and requests the community consider a proposed development of along the lines of a 7-story building with a roof deck and community room on top consisting of 175 one and two-bedroom units (80% and 20% respectively), exceeding the zoning allowed 75 units. PMC proposes the development would including parking to help with the neighborhood parking crunch and offers to discuss some form of green space/park. Offering that if we come to an agreement reasonably quickly, they should be able to complete the project simultaneously with the two Riverwalk Towers. With the height limit discrepancy settled and an outline of the proposed development,
next steps might include a second near neighbor meeting to discuss PMC’s proposal exceeding the allowable height limit and unit density by approximately 150% (factoring a 100’ high structure).
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Q0NDJhMzc5OTNk

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 9:50 PM
Fishtown & Country

Sunday, 11/24
Girard & Palmer

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:39 PM
Philly Rising Up!

I saw this from the Sak's parking lot. Looks like a re-cladding of this bldg here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0070...7i16384!8i8192

Anyone know about it? Also, looks like the New York guys like this location a lot:

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel..._news_headline

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development