HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 8:08 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

While I agree that Weed should be legalized I am not on the idea of other types of drugs being legalized wich are addicting and can kill you unlike weed... Alcohol is more dangerous than weed, Cigarrettes are bad too. Over the counter drugs are worse.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 8:11 PM

Subsidized health care

here's the deal.. people can't sit on both sides of the fence. If you want legal drugs, then society should be allowed to turn our backs on them when they need help. That means no medicare, no socialized medicine, nothing. If they want to screw up their lives that's fine, but don't come to me later asking me to save you and pull money out of my pocket to bail their ignorant butts out of the fire. They made their bed... sleep in it. And if a condition they acquire is due to one of those vices (like lung cancer) hey.. too bad for them. Otherwise outlaw the vices alltogether.

I don't smoke,
I don't do drugs,
I do drink, however in moderation, I can go weeks without one.

This is a sore subject for me because the people who want to legalize drugs are usually the same people who want socialized medicine...

i don't want to be responsible for their bad decisions, If I am gonnna be responsible, then I want the power (like I do with my kids) to tell them you can't do X and Y...

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 9:18 PM
Bears of antiquity

You're already paying for drug users and their problems.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRockstead View Post
here's the deal.. people can't sit on both sides of the fence. If you want legal drugs, then society should be allowed to turn our backs on them when they need help. That means no medicare, no socialized medicine, nothing. If they want to screw up their lives that's fine, but don't come to me later asking me to save you and pull money out of my pocket to bail their ignorant butts out of the fire. They made their bed... sleep in it. And if a condition they acquire is due to one of those vices (like lung cancer) hey.. too bad for them. Otherwise outlaw the vices alltogether.

I don't smoke,
I don't do drugs,
I do drink, however in moderation, I can go weeks without one.

This is a sore subject for me because the people who want to legalize drugs are usually the same people who want socialized medicine...

i don't want to be responsible for their bad decisions, If I am gonnna be responsible, then I want the power (like I do with my kids) to tell them you can't do X and Y...
I'm strongly against socialized medicine but i dont think you will get too far telling people this

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:00 PM

I'm for the decriminalization of marijuana but not necessarily the legalization of it. I used to smoke weed occasionally but now work for a company that randomly drug tests so I stopped and it has had no effect on my life whatsoever except saving me money. I don't need this magical "fix" to live my life like many Americans think they are entitled to i.e. alcohol, drugs, meds, etc.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2008, 11:26 PM

Should this thread be in Skybar? It's deviated from anything that has to do with Austin.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2008, 4:36 AM

ummm.... keep austin weird?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 7:15 PM

No, it hasn't deviated from the Austin topic.

As far as I'm concerned, it is VERY possible that the burning of the Governor's Mansion (in Austin) was a statement....possibly by a drug cartel.

If you have been paying attention to the news the national media DOES NOT want you to pay attention to, we now have TERRORISM on OUR SOIL. While YOU are thinking about Iraq, you are not paying attention to what is happening on our own soil, in our backyards. 6,000 people estimated dead now along the border due to the War on Drugs. the city of Laredo has set up its own website for reporting new and missing people. WAKE UP!!!!

Beheadings, like they did on Al-Jazeera TV are happening along the border - go to Glennbeck.com if you'd like to see the dead bodies and heads which have been left with signs warning anyone who dares to stop the cartels.

I don't doubt the Mansion burning was a statement. Whoever did it had a lot of anger and courage knowing there were that many cameras in the area. So, IF........IF......this was a drug cartel statement, then I have a personal anger towards EVERYONE OF YOU who drinks alcohol, yet has the audacity to say you don't do drugs. IF YOU DRINK, you do drugs. Alcohol is a deadly drug responsible for an estimated 400,000 deaths in the U.S. alone. THAT IS A DRUG. Now, you are responsible for a policy on drugs that has never worked. On top of it, you are hypocrites.

So, thanks to all you self righteous people who drink, get behind the wheel (oh, but I can self monitor!!! ), and then tells the rest of us you don't do drugs. If you dip, chew, spit, drink, smoke, use aspirin, etc, you do drugs. Now stop ruining this country with your self righteousness. All of you who have posted on here about "well, I used to, but look at me! I stopped so I'm better than the rest of you......blah blah....oh, but yeah, I drink, but that's not the same, blah blah" Oh yes it is. That's why there's rehab for alcohol.

Fact is, prisoners are testing positive for HIV and now, lead poisoning. An estimated 1/3 of all prisoners across the nation are testing positive for lead poisoning. good job! Prison is not an answer, it does not do anything but complicate the problem. Any of you disagree, that tells me, #1 you don't know much about much, #2 you don't know much about much, #3 you have no ability to think, #4 you still don't know much about much, #5 you are a follower, not a leader.....and you are easy to manipulate.

I am very disappointed in so many of you who fail to demonstrate anything intelligent at all. I am very, very disappointed in you.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2008, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRockstead View Post
here's the deal.. people can't sit on both sides of the fence. If you want legal drugs, then society should be allowed to turn our backs on them when they need help.

Didn't you just make the most backwards comment I have ever heard in my life? Did you just say the most backwards thinking I have ever heard anyone dare utter? Did you just say "society should be allowed to turn our backs on them WHEN THEY NEED HELP?

Um, when someone needs our help, THE CHRISTIAN thing to do is, um.....uh, um,.......uh......HELP THEM ?!?! Isn't being a Christian what you blab about so damn often on here?

I swear, Christians are proving to me every day to be the most UN-godly people I have ever, ever met in my life. I hope Jesus turns His back on you in the same way - so you can taste how stupid your ways of dealing with life really are. When someone needs your help, you don't launch into an "I told you so, I told you so, nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!" tirade. You freaking jump in and be a Christian and to the Jesus-like thing. Man, that sucks - you said you have kids. I am so sorry for them. You could not be a more horrible example of exactly what NOT to be like.

Another typical Christian.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 7:28 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

I will make a more suttle observation on this subject. AustinTex does bring up a good point about Alcohol being a drug. Just because it is legal doesnt mean it isn't one of the most harmful types of drugs people use to have a good time. I don't know how many times I hear of accidents where people die because somebody was driving while drunk. People die of liver disease and other illnesses because of alcohol.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 8:40 PM

there have been studies that prove that alcohol nicotine caffene and prescribtion drugs are all way worse then pot and kill more people then pot. So why is pot bad?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2008, 7:08 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTex
Fact is, prisoners are testing positive for HIV and now, lead poisoning. An estimated 1/3 of all prisoners across the nation are testing positive for lead poisoning. good job!
What does lead poisoning have to do with using drugs or being in prison? I get the HIV part, using needles, but lead??

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
What does lead poisoning have to do with using drugs or being in prison? I get the HIV part, using needles, but lead??
What I was referring to, Kevin, was that throwing people in jail for offenses like smoking pot - and remember the whole 'mandatory minimum sentencing thing' - means that by "us", the people, using jails as a way to "correct" people's behavior is now proving to be one of the most catastrophic means of dealing with society's issues.

If people in jail are testing positive for lead poisoning, HIV, etc, then we have just magnified the problems we have to now deal with. In my opinion, only a VERY SMALL number of people who are in jail should be there. These "moral" societies we keep trying to create by throwing anyone who doesn't do what we want into jail is only backfiring.....and we have got to come to grips that we haven't done society any good, we've only made the problems worse.

So, if someone goes to prison, and later comes out with lead poisoning or HIV or both, etc etc, then we as tax payers and 'average Joes' now have to deal with ex-cons with medical and mental issues.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 5:43 PM

oh, Kevin, that picture. LOL that picture...........

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 6:34 PM
Meh

I agree that locking people up for smoking marijuana is a big drain on the system. And the people who smoke it aren't the ones to blame for it either. It's such a non issue with me. Everyone I've known (myself included) who smokes/smoked pot are laid back peaceful people. At parties and get togethers with friends, pot was never a problem. People didn't get violent or stupid. I never had to worry about the stoned guy and what he might do. I can't say the same thing for beer and alcohol drinkers. Besides putting themselves at risk for all kinds of health issues and being dumb enough to believe they can drive drunk, they're completely impossible to deal with. Trying to fight you and just acting like an idiot. Now, don't go thinking I have anything against beer or alcohol, I'm half German, so it's ingrained in my heritage.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I agree that locking people up for smoking marijuana is a big drain on the system. And the people who smoke it aren't the ones to blame for it either. It's such a non issue with me. Everyone I've known (myself included) who smokes/smoked pot are laid back peaceful people. At parties and get togethers with friends, pot was never a problem. People didn't get violent or stupid. I never had to worry about the stoned guy and what he might do. I can't say the same thing for beer and alcohol drinkers. Besides putting themselves at risk for all kinds of health issues and being dumb enough to believe they can drive drunk, they're completely impossible to deal with. Trying to fight you and just acting like an idiot. Now, don't go thinking I have anything against beer or alcohol, I'm half German, so it's ingrained in my heritage.
LOL the last person I was involved with was a fist pounding German. oh, my. Cute from a distance, but it was for real. I take that German thing seriously LOL .....but still, Kevin, your new picture. LOL !!!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin