HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 3:43 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Friday. 730-8pm-ish. Terminal Bar. Be there or be... Hexagonal.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 3:57 PM
of Gnomeregan

Works for me... see whoever is there.. there!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 7:49 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Tomorrow night at Union Station? I can do that after 8-ish, I'm in. I just got a haircut though. Wouldn't have done that if I had been tracking a forum meet. Who's sending the outlook invite?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 1:49 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Oh lord... Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Ih...p=docslist_api

Now you better show up.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 3:04 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

My technology doesn't know how to work your new fangled google apps.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
My technology doesn't know how to work your new fangled google apps.
No good times for bunt.

Boise State football fans infected your computer... I thought you made peace with them?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 3:40 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Oh lord... Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Ih...p=docslist_api

Now you better show up.
Google? Pffftttt. Where's the iCalendar link? Or whatever shit-app my stupid phone uses because Apple is pure crap.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 4:25 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Google? Pffftttt. Where's the iCalendar link? Or whatever shit-app my stupid phone uses because Apple is pure crap.
It's a Google Drive link for the .ics file. .ics files integrate with Outlook perfectly and any Android calendar app. Are you saying iPhone is so locked down it doesn't pull files from Google Drive OR recognize .ics files? God, help us.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 4:43 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
It's a Google Drive link for the .ics file. .ics files integrate with Outlook perfectly and any Android calendar app. Are you saying iPhone is so locked down it doesn't pull files from Google Drive OR recognize .ics files? God, help us.
Apparently this is true. I can add it now that I am sitting at a computer with windows/outlook. Apple phone won't play ball.

However, I still will not add it. Here's the thing about calendars, RyanD - everyone (or at least my assistant and paralegals) can see them. You can't call things "skyscraperpage meetup" and expect me to calendar that. Discretion is the better part of valor, my friend.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 5:01 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
However, I still will not add it. Here's the thing about calendars, RyanD - everyone (or at least my assistant and paralegals) can see them. You can't call things "skyscraperpage meetup" and expect me to calendar that. Discretion is the better part of valor, my friend.
Who's fault is that? And shouldn't your assistant be discreet and not question those late night meetings that you have? Especially the ones with BDSM in the subject.

When sharing calendars, permissions are your best friend.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 9:19 PM
of Gnomeregan

If you have so much going on that even your drinking time has to be put into a schedule then maybe you should reevaluate what you've got going on! And this is coming from someone who has so much going on when I do work that I exhaust myself during the 4 whole weeks I have to work between time off.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2014, 11:17 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
If you have so much going on that even your drinking time has to be put into a schedule then maybe you should reevaluate what you've got going on! And this is coming from someone who has so much going on when I do work that I exhaust myself during the 4 whole weeks I have to work between time off.
I calendar everything. If I am posting on here, I'm probably driving or in the bathroom.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 12:53 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Going back to Rosetta, this is effing adorable...

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 1:10 AM
cities|transit|croissants

Here it is at the same scale as Raleigh, NC:

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 4:20 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

And compared to NYC...

EDIT: Also, this is how they are getting Rosetta into orbit with the comet. That's some hardcore maneuvering right there.

Also...

Last edited by RyanD; Aug 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 10:47 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

North Fork of the Payette River, along the Payette River Scenic Byway, about an hour north of Boise. August 9 and there was smoke in the air. Thank you for your hard work Firefighters

I miss you McCall.

Glacial water, all natural
http://www.milehighmarina.com/payette_lake.htm

seems I have enough photos for a McCall/Payette Lake/Brundage photo thread.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Aug 10, 2014, 11:02 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Thanks for the beautiful photos of Idaho wilderness, Sawtooth! I'm moving back to Boise in a couple of weeks, can't wait!

It's been too long since I've been to McCall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
seems I have enough photos for a McCall/Payette Lake/Brundage photo thread.
Yes please.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 4:13 PM
cities|transit|croissants

That last sentence. Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Onion
Obama Has Colorado Appraised

WASHINGTON—Hoping to get an idea of what the 138-year-old state might be worth, President Barack Obama dispatched a team of appraisers to assess the value of Colorado this week, White House sources confirmed. “Colorado has a lot of great things going for it in terms of spaciousness and its convenient central location, so I figured I’d have it checked out by experts just to get an estimate,” said the president, noting that with its great views, abundance of natural light, and highly ranked schools, the Centennial State’s value could reach well into the 13 figures. “I’ll admit there’s a little bit of crime and some recent fire damage that might lower the value a little, but overall, I think we’ll find the state’s in very good shape and a valuable asset to the American people.” Obama added that to boost the state’s value even higher, the nation might want to consider upgrading some infrastructure and completely gutting the Pueblo metro area.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 4:44 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
That last sentence. Ouch.
Totally true, the entire SE portion of the state is in need of a extensive gut and remodel.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2014, 11:38 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Hahahaha.

Quote:
This will blow your mind: LA has an urban rail system called the Metro Rail with six lines that serve 80 stations across LA. But this will blow your mind even harder: we turned the Metro Rail Map into a Metro Rail Bar Map that breaks down the best bar within a 10-minute walk of every Metro stop (that actually has bars near it). Enjoy.

Editor's Note: Yeah, we know the Orange and Silver lines aren't on here. They're bus lines. You mad?
http://www.thrillist.com/drink/los-a...ear-every-stop

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West