HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 8:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

April 3, 2016

NYC by Karina, on Flickr

45 East 22nd Street is coming out nice btw.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 1:46 AM

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILNY View Post
Huh, well I'll be. I must have looked at more than 1,000 photos of this job but that's the first time I 've noticed the 2 floors of inset windows versus flush face everywhere else..

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 3:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRiser View Post
Huh, well I'll be. I must have looked at more than 1,000 photos of this job but that's the first time I 've noticed the 2 floors of inset windows versus flush face everywhere else..
Perhaps the lower two floors house the pool, gym, club room and other common amenities. Why house them on the higher levels when you can sell condos with good views.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 9:52 PM

I think those windows are inset to keep the symmetry (starting from the top down) of 12 floors of flush windows and then two open levels, which repeats all the way down (12 flush + 2 open; 12 flush + 2 open; etc).

Old Posted Apr 24, 2016, 3:42 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

432 Park is a needle in a haystack.

Manhattan, her boroughs and NJ by PJMixer, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 24, 2016, 3:45 PM

By me this morning, NYMAN2010:

New York City Skyline, April 24, 2016 by NYMAN2010, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 4:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
I think those windows are inset to keep the symmetry (starting from the top down) of 12 floors of flush windows and then two open levels, which repeats all the way down (12 flush + 2 open; 12 flush + 2 open; etc).
I believe those were originally going to be open (like the mechanical floors). But I would have prefered that all of the windows have that setback, it showcases the architecture more.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/468bb632-0...#axzz46r2XzXkK

In the article above, Vinoly mentions a project in Manhattan "over a mile high", though he doesn't think it will be built.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 4:43 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Yes you would be right. Maintains the balance. Thanks

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 5:14 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRiser View Post
Yes you would be right. Maintains the balance. Thanks
Here are some original plans.

Niels Frydenholm

Old Posted Apr 27, 2016, 6:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I love the pictures that make everything else look like a bunch of stumps...

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 6:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 8:11 PM
New Yorker for life

http://therealdeal.com/2016/05/03/ma...k-avenue-cube/

Developer unveils new cube -- this time on Park Avenue

May 03, 2016 11:30AM
By Konrad Putzier

Quote:
Thirteen years ago, Harry Macklowe had the idea to erect a glass cube in front of the GM Building. It became the entrance to an outrageously profitable Apple Store. Now, he is repeating the theme at 432 Park Avenue.

On Tuesday, Macklowe Properties unveiled renderings for what it calls a “Park Avenue Cube” – a low-rise retail building adjacent (and connected) to its luxury condominium tower. Together, the cube and tower will hold 130,000 square feet of retail and office space.

A CBRE team of Andrew Goldberg, Richard Hodos, Matthew Chmielecki, and Joseph Hudson is handling the retail leasing, while CBRE’s Paul Amrich, Neil V. King III, and Patrice Meagher are handling office leasing.

The cube features 6,600 square feet of retail space over two floors and will be lit up at night.

The cube will be connected to an additional 20,000 square feet of retail space in the neighboring condo tower via a 30,000-square-foot underground concourse. Above the tower’s retail space will be four office floors of 17,600 square feet each. Macklowe is also putting a marble outdoor plaza with a grove of birch trees next to the cube.

Macklowe is developing 432 Park – New York’s tallest residential tower – in partnership with fund manager CIM Group. In 2014, he bought the 1,396-foot tower’s retail space from CIM for $450 million in partnership with Qatari Investment Bank QInvest. In September, Saudi investor Hamza al Kholi sued Macklowe, claiming he was cut out of a joint venture agreement to buy the space.

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/5/3/115811...ace-renderings

432 Park Avenue Reveals Offices and Glowing Retail Space0
The massive residential tower isn't quite done yet

BY AMEENA WALKER
MAY 3, 2016

Quote:
Condos in the now-iconic (and controversial) 432 Park Avenue have finally started closing, and as residents get closer to moving in, the building's developers have deemed it a good time to show off its forthcoming retail and office spaces. Those spaces will occupy more than 130,000 square feet in the building, split up over several floors, and developer Macklowe has designed an innovative framework for what future businesses will soon call home at the iconic skyscraper.

The office space will be take over four floors above 40 East 57th Street, with more than 17,000 square feet of space on each floor. Thanks to Rafael Viñoly's innovative (and inspired-by-a-trash-can) building design, those offices will also have floor-to-ceiling windows and column-free floorplans. The retail, meanwhile, will be divided into three spaces: 40 East 57th Street, the Park Avenue Cube, and an underground concourse, covering a total of more than 20,000 square feet in all.

The Park Avenue Cube will be a boxy white glass structure (not unlike an Apple store) with more than 6,000 square feet of space over its two floors. At night, the corner of 56th Street will be transformed into a luminous beacon courtesy of the Cube. Complementary to the Park Avenue Cube will be an adjacent marble plaza designed by Zion and Breech (the firm responsible for MoMA's Sculpture Garden and Paley Park). The underground concourse will bridge 40 East 57th with the Cube while offering 30,000 square feet of its own.

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 8:55 PM

lol, I wonder who sucked up all air rights on that corner??

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 10:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktko View Post
lol, I wonder who sucked up all air rights on that corner??
It's all one development. In fact, we knew about this cube before we knew exactly what the tower would look like.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's all one development. In fact, we knew about this cube before we knew exactly what the tower would look like.
It seems weird that they didn't use the entire site for the bulk of the tower instead of constructing a design that's so thin.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 1:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
It seems weird that they didn't use the entire site for the bulk of the tower instead of constructing a design that's so thin.

They went for the height for pretty much the same reason all of the other supertalls in that area did - to sell off the views. It's a densely packed skyscraper area. When he was planning an office tower for the site, it was much shorter.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:20 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 2:31 AM
Show me the blueprints

The Cube sucks less than the exposed ugly wall on 450 Park left behind from the Drake.

I wonder if the owners of 450 plan on restoring windows to the former lot line wall?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive