HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:14 PM

A developer told me last week the parking lot on Julia across from The Standard recently sold and by coincidence I noticed this project for that site on Trahan's website. Trahan has a history of designing projects with zero chance of being built to put on their website to generate buzz and give the appearance that their office is flush with high-rise construction, in an attempt to generate future billable work. So who knows how likely this project actually is...

https://trahanarchitects.com/work/ju...e-development/

Last edited by buckett5425; Nov 11, 2019 at 7:27 PM.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
A developer told me last week the parking lot on Julia across from The Standard recently sold and by chance just noticed this project for that site on Trahan's website.

This design is stunning.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:37 PM

Yeah looks like they also have one proposed in BR on their website. That one looks kinda weird and out of place though...micro-tower with no other surrounding towers.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:46 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
A developer told me last week the parking lot on Julia across from The Standard recently sold and by coincidence I noticed this project for that site on Trahan's website. Trahan has a history of designing projects with zero chance of being built to put on their website to generate buzz and give the appearance that their office is flush with high-rise construction, in an attempt to generate future billable work. So who knows how likely this project actually is...

Yeah, I doubt this is a real project. Even if there is a real client behind it, it ain't getting built. I don't know what kind of pro-forma could justify a glass curtain-wall system on buildings with such an inefficient shape at the price/SF you can get in New Orleans.

Even in Chicago, we almost never get curtain wall on a residential tower, only on offices. This is like the kind of thing you'd see in New York and pretty much only New York.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap111 View Post
Were there really 10 lanes open? I heard from others that there were only 3 or 4 on opening day while the rest of the equipment was moved over. This would bring it up to 10. Eventually they could expand to more if necessary.

I'm flying out mid-week next week and worried about it because half of us don't have precheck.
I want to say that there were 4 open when I went through, with another appearing up and reading to go. I’m assuming that these were just unstaffed while the rest were still being assembled.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 8:14 PM

Quote:

That building is so beautiful, I would love to see something like that in New Orleans. We need new buildings in the city and this is the one. I really hope this is a real project and gets built because it would change the skyline in a positive way.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 12:58 AM
-

Quote:
Were there really 10 lanes open? I heard from others that there were only 3 or 4 on opening day while the rest of the equipment was moved over. This would bring it up to 10. Eventually they could expand to more if necessary.

I'm flying out mid-week next week and worried about it because half of us don't have precheck.
I have pre check and CLEAR and global entry..def recommend people get pre check at least ... good for travel everywhere and its really easy to get precheck at least

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 1:53 AM

Quote:

It was 10 lanes in use on 4 x-ray machines and one metal detector for pre-check. There were 3 other x-ray machines (6 lanes) that were not finished yet from what I saw. Took us 20 minutes to clear security on Saturday.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 8:47 AM

Does anyone know what’s planned for the last empty lot in the south market district? Will we finally see some sort of office development and maybe something taller then 30 stories?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:01 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee32 View Post
Does anyone know what’s planned for the last empty lot in the south market district? Will we finally see some sort of office development and maybe something taller then 30 stories?
I dont think its decided yet but they did transfer some far to the odeon from this lot so the chances of it being taller are slim id say ... but i doubt will just be a four story building either like some placeholder buildings seem to indicate in the odeon renderings

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately the only way we would get mid or high rise office construction in this city is if a company with deep pockets wanted to build their own office. Class A office rents in the CBD are like 20-24/sqft. You need lease rates in the 30-35/sqft range to even consider new construction office space.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:24 PM
-

Certainly is a pretty design at least:

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:35 PM
-

1801 Henriette Delille St, 1803 Henriette Delille St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:G36WEE
Download (8) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
studioWTA
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
1/30/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of three-story, commercial buildin

3611 Marais St·HDLC COA · Ref Code:YUPYGD
Download (15) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Megan Bell
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
7/15/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
FOR ARC REVIEW ONLY. Includes 3611 and 3613/15 Marais which will need to have a separate permit file.

210 State St, Building 4 and 5·HDLC COA · Ref Code:8XY1DJ
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Architects Edr
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
10/7/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
Raise the floor height of Building4 and consrtuct a new entry pavillion connecting Buildings 4 and 5. Construct new two story addition to Building 5. All existing strcutures and Significant rated,

1101 Elysian Fields Ave·HDLC COA · Ref Code:SGW62H
Download (37) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Raymond Bergeron
HDLC NO ARC Meeting
Date Filed:
7/29/2019
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of a 3-story, mixed use building.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

The page does list three different "phase 2" options, so if this is a legit proposal with someone backing it, then it seems like maybe they're throwing some more out-there ideas in with something more plausible, like two 17-story towers.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 6:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
The page does list three different "phase 2" options, so if this is a legit proposal with someone backing it, then it seems like maybe they're throwing some more out-there ideas in with something more plausible, like two 17-story towers.
i dont think its a real proposal at all but still beautiful to look at.. still glad to see if that property is indeed under contract

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 6:15 PM

Quote:

It really is. Even I like it.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 8:06 PM
NOLA Razorback

I think Trahan is probably our best local architecture firm, man that Julia building is stunning. Regarding them the Tourism building they're renovating on st charles just took down the plastic surrounding it so you can see whats going on. That will be a great building when finished.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 9:42 PM

Quote:

It’s really is a beautiful design and i would love to see it become a reality and I noticed something on the website it’s has Status: estimated 2024 so could that mean it’s a real project and it’s in earl stages of development? Or they just put that to make it seem like they are doing something? But I hope it’s real. And honestly New Orleans needs to get its head straight with high rise construction bc the city can’t grow out like every other city it’s needs to grow up

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeau View Post
It’s really is a beautiful design and i would love to see it become a reality and I noticed something on the website it’s has Status: estimated 2024 so could that mean it’s a real project and it’s in earl stages of development? Or they just put that to make it seem like they are doing something? But I hope it’s real. And honestly New Orleans needs to get its head straight with high rise construction bc the city can’t grow out like every other city it’s needs to grow up
I noticed that also which makes it seem like it’s actually a real project.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:44 PM
-

Quote:
I noticed that also which makes it seem like it’s actually a real project.
Could be real but i also noticed options and one option is 90 stories

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations