HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography

Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 8:48 PM
Honored Member

My Neighborhood - Never a Dull Moment - June 27, 2012

The west end of Washington Boulevard is a speedway; the last stoplight in a mile-long stretch is three blocks up from the curve that's just past my house, and
although the posted speed limit is 35mph, rising to 40 just past the curve, by the time drivers reach the curve many already are doing better than 40 and
accelerating. A lot of Fort Wayne drivers are aggressive far beyond their skill levels, and traffic enforcement is a low priority with the police department.

About 7:30 pm I heard a screech and a bang and went outside to see what happened. At the intersection just two doors up from my house were a Chevy Astro
Van with a banged-up front end and a white Toyota with the driver's side mashed in. It looked as though the Toyota driver tried to cross Washington Street on
Garden Street, and got t-boned by the van. Bystanders already had gathered, and some were on their cell phones so I didn't try to call police. The tow truck in
the first photo just happened to be there as part of the traffic flow.

The Toyota driver was pinned in his car. Multiple fire trucks arrived, with equipment to remove the door.

Local Color

Near miss with the fire hydrant.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]

Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 10:18 PM
Dryer lint inspector

I'm surprised they had to use the jaws of life on that corolla...damage didn't look that bad.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 1:45 PM
Uncle Grandpa

I was just thinking the same thing. BTW, nice Tats!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2012, 4:28 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I'm surprised they had to use the jaws of life on that corolla...damage didn't look that bad.
I assume the door was jammed and they had to extricate the driver minimizing movements to his spine / neck (ie, cannot drag him over to the passenger side).

Flickr®

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > General Photography