HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:09 AM

On my way home I saw that new steel had been put up on the east side of the building taking it up another level or whatever. Sorry no photos though.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTO View Post

How in the world did those 3 commie towers find their way into Tribeca? They're so random..
Those towers are part of Independence Plaza built in the early 70s and were there before Tribeca was even called Tribeca.

The apartments are actually quite nice, with awesome views, obviously.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthornton17 View Post
Someone said they were testing the other waterfall this week. When those get up and running, with the new wtc buildings reflection, it's going to be so beautiful. That peaceful sound of the waterfall running...........it's going to be totally awesome. I imagine when people go down there, they're not going to want to leave.
I imagine one will never get the chance to experience "peaceful" at the WTC memorial site, as I can easily see it drawing crowds on par with Rockefeller Center at Christmas time, but at all times of the year. There will always be hordes of people there (mostly tourists). It's New York City, can't argue with that, but I don't think anyone will ever find solitude at the WTC site. Too much of a tourist draw.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 3:09 AM

WTC on MW3

Just watched the new trailer for Modern Warfare 3. The WTC complex made it in the background hopefully a little more in the actual game
Anyways here's some screen caps and the video.

MW3WTC2 by Brookrb12, on Flickr

MW3WTC by Brookrb12, on Flickr
and the trailer:
http://youtu.be/coiTJbr9m04

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 3:55 AM

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:03 AM

Question

What the heck...what's the three planes on your last picture?

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:49 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Nevermind the planes (or the Bullocks), 4WTC is starting to assert itself into that view!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrBTowers View Post
This may have been on this forum once or twice but I haven't seen it on her. I really think it captures the different emotions of New York. I've been there once in my life and all I want to do is go back. Going there really started my whole fascination with architecture. Anyways back to the video!
http://vimeo.com/18554749
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9in-BscH5M
Also I tried to get the youtube tags to work but couldn't. Sorry
great job

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 10:24 AM

The planes are probably part of the Fleet Week festivities, which are going on until Saturday.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:32 PM

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:51 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrBTowers View Post
Just watched the new trailer for Modern Warfare 3. The WTC complex made it in the background hopefully a little more in the actual game
Anyways here's some screen caps and the video.

MW3WTC2 by Brookrb12, on Flickr

MW3WTC by Brookrb12, on Flickr
and the trailer:
http://youtu.be/coiTJbr9m04
Don't wanna be a Stick in The Mud, BUT: considering what actually happened in Lower Manhattan not that long ago, these images are in ghastly taste.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:53 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENSNYMAN View Post
The caption for that photo says "86th Floor." Now, the top of the FT will be at a vastly greater height than 7 WTC (not even considering the spire). If there's only 15 or 20 more floors to go... how can that be?

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
The caption for that photo says "86th Floor." Now, the top of the FT will be at a vastly greater height than 7 WTC (not even considering the spire). If there's only 15 or 20 more floors to go... how can that be?
Probably ESB 86th floor- the observatory.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 2:37 PM

Glass (sorry, I mean cladding) is really moving along quickly now. Looks like they're starting another row (from camera 1 view point). That only took 3 days to do all 4 sides. At this pace they'll be up another 30 floors or so time Sept 11th comes rolling around.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
Don't wanna be a Stick in The Mud, BUT: considering what actually happened in Lower Manhattan not that long ago, these images are in ghastly taste.
i thought that the first moment i saw these but chose to keep quiet as i prefer not to flame here and then when i saw the images again this morning it's like "enough already!". so, call me a stick in the mud too but if not "ghastly" then in very poor taste and i mean buy the manufacturer as well. Manhattan should be off limits to this type of "entertainment"

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
i thought that the first moment i saw these but chose to keep quiet as i prefer not to flame here and then when i saw the images again this morning it's like "enough already!". so, call me a stick in the mud too but if not "ghastly" then in very poor taste and i mean buy the manufacturer as well. Manhattan should be off limits to this type of "entertainment"
I think we all need to grow up and realize that this is a work of fiction. I mean, can we not have any games or movies about war against america? What about WW2 games that feature pearl harbor? Should those be banned?

My point is that even though they are showing lower manhattan under attack, we need to realize that it is a work of fiction and art.

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:32 PM
Twin Towers crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerhk47 View Post
I think we all need to grow up and realize that this is a work of fiction. I mean, can we not have any games or movies about war against america? What about WW2 games that feature pearl harbor? Should those be banned?

My point is that even though they are showing lower manhattan under attack, we need to realize that it is a work of fiction and art.
I completely agree with you. Folks need to realize that this is harmless fiction, not a second 9/11

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerhk47 View Post

well, i count myself as one who is grown up at 54, maybe you would disagree. however it is much too fresh in some of our memory's that this kind of thing shouldn't be done. just my opinion, you are entitled to your's

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 8:38 PM

Not sure if this was posted here. If it was, I apologize. Here is a awesome Panorama taken 12 days ago. Ground level...right by one of the reflecting pools. Open it up to full screen and get a great view from down there.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...er=rss&emc=rss

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 8:41 PM

One more floor and it looks like the crane wont be visible from the 7 WTC cam.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive