HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 2:43 PM

Consider it done, soon I mean.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
Consider it done, soon I mean.
He meant the other picture

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 3:38 PM

Yeah, meant the one with Franklin Field (shouldve been more specific!). Thanks in advance.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 8:12 PM

Was in Philadelphia last week and was impressed by the impact this tower makes. From the South Street bridge it looks GREAT, and westbound on the Walnut Street bridge...WOW. The color is great and the proportions really work. Looking at it eastbound on Chestnut in U City...it seems to blend in with the Center City towers, then it pops out on the right. Very cool.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 8:25 PM

Its especially cool when Cira and evo combine and turn into a triangle shape from the south.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 2:29 PM

Driving North on 95 by the airport gives such a great view of the Evo playing off the Cira Center with both angled roofs.... it just looks fantastic.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 2:46 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:00 PM

Great. Looks like it's going to be a really exceptional park. Cool that they're investing so much in it.

I want that parking lot next to Penn Park in the upper righthand corner to get a tower on it.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
I want that parking lot next to Penn Park in the upper righthand corner to get a tower on it.
That parking lot is not next to Penn Park--it's part of Penn Park (and yes, there is a pun in there ). Don't expect any tower to be built there (unless plans have changed, or do change). I think the expectation is that as the recently planted trees mature, it will seem to be more an intrinsic part of the park (and provide on-site parking for those visiting or using the park, e.g., athletics participants and spectators):

http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu/fi...ark_images.php

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
That parking lot is not next to Penn Park--it's part of Penn Park (and yes, there is a pun in there ). Don't expect any tower to be built there (unless plans have changed, or do change). I think the expectation is that as the recently planted trees mature, it will seem to be more an intrinsic part of the park (and provide on-site parking for those visiting or using the park, e.g., athletics participants and spectators):

http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu/fi...ark_images.php
As part of their vision there is a mixed ue development in the plans for the lot (I believe the one directly across Walnut from FMC if that is the lot you are discussing. Who know but this link shows it and have seen in others as well

makes sense as an extension of the Cira complexes and location on Walnut

http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu/ex...ure_campus.php

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 5:56 PM

More from the link

"Walnut Street Gateway development (south side) — One of the most important tenets of the plan is a high rise development that mixes residential, office and retail along Walnut Street as signature building creating a new front door to Penn, and provide better linkages to Center "

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
As part of their vision there is a mixed ue development in the plans for the lot (I believe the one directly across Walnut from FMC if that is the lot you are discussing. Who know but this link shows it and have seen in others as well

makes sense as an extension of the Cira complexes and location on Walnut

http://www.pennconnects.upenn.edu/ex...ure_campus.php
Yeah, that's part of the original plan. And may still be part of the long-term plan (although you know how these master plans tend to change over time). But I'm not sure it's something we'll see within the next 5-10 years. I think Penn has a lot of other irons in the fire right now (e.g., South Bank, Penn Medicine/HUP facilities, etc.), and developing that portion of Penn Park isn't a high priority at the moment (at least based on what's been made public). And that parking lot is part of the final plans for Penn Park, so I'm not sure how much that trumps earlier master planning for Penn Connects.

But who knows? Penn may be negotiating with Brandywine for a land lease of that space even as I type this.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 9:51 PM

Article on Evo from CurbedPhilly. Building will be complete by Septmeber 1st. Looks like the height is 430 feet

http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...-completed.php

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Great. Looks like it's going to be a really exceptional park. Cool that they're investing so much in it.

Penn has plans to put a tower there. What I want is for someone to buy the Afscme property, tear it down, and build a tower...

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Article on Evo from CurbedPhilly. Building will be complete by September 1st. Looks like the height is 430 feet

That pool will definitely have some killer views come next summer

went by on my bike last week and it looks like people are moving in

to the other above - this area and the innovation area could really really change the area's dynamic

Old Posted Aug 20, 2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
What I want is for someone to buy the Afscme property, tear it down, and build a tower...

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
That pool will definitely have some killer views come next summer

went by on my bike last week and it looks like people are moving in

to the other above - this area and the innovation area could really really change the area's dynamic
From the article:

"Everything below the 28th floor is completely finished, including the 'turn-key' apartments. 'We've leased 333 beds as of July 31st, with 144 having moved in as of August 1st,' said Dann. At 430 feet high, Evo will be the tallest student-housing property in the nation."

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Article on Evo from CurbedPhilly. Building will be complete by Septmeber 1st. Looks like the height is 430 feet

The article states that this is student housing, does that mean that Joe-schmo me couldn't move in?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconboy007 View Post
The article states that this is student housing, does that mean that Joe-schmo me couldn't move in?
Also from the article:

Quote:
Evo will gravitate towards graduate students and young professionals still "living the college lifestyle."

Old Posted Aug 21, 2014, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Also from the article:
So basically they're after student loan money.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive