HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 10:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 570 Washington Street | 450 + 400 FT | 36 FLOORS

https://nypost.com/2022/02/07/15-cen...village-tower/

15 Central Park West developer to build $1B luxury tower in West Village

By Steve Cuozzo
February 7, 2022

Quote:
Another “Limestone Jesus” — the popular nickname for 15 Central Park West — is poised to soon rise over the Hudson River downtown.

A joint venture partnership of Zeckendorf Development, builders of boldface-filled 15 CPW, and Atlas Capital Group have just signed a hush-hush contract to purchase 570 Washington St. — a 1.3-acre empty lot between Houston and Clarkson streets on the West Side Highway, sources told The Post exclusively.
Quote:
The developers plan to erect a $1 billion-plus, roughly 36-story, super-luxury condo tower affording open river and skyline views, according to the sources. Apartments will be priced in the $5,000 per square foot range — unheard of for downtown.

“It’s s all but guaranteed to top every downtown sale price record. The Zeckendorfs plan to replicate their uptown luxury standard,” one source said.
Quote:
The Washington Street location at the juncture of the West Village and Soho is immediately north of Google’s planned complex in the St. John’s Terminal building at 550 Washington St. and overlooks Pier 40 in the Hudson River.

It wasn’t immediately known how much Zeckendorf and Atlas are paying current site owner Westbrook Partners. The purchase is expected to close within a few months.
Quote:
No brokers were involved, the sources said. The buyers are said to have out-dueled Gary Barnett’s Extell, Steve Roth’s Vornado and Miki Naftali’s Naftali Group for the site.

Details regarding the planned tower are sparse. But sources said it will rise to about 400 feet, nearly three times the height Tribeca’s 70 Vestry St. where some condo units sold for $4,600 per square foot.

The Vestry project was designed by architect Robert A.M. Stern, who also designed Zeckendorf’s 15 Central Park West and Billionaires Row project 520 Park Ave. It wasn’t known whether Stern would also work on 570 Washington St., however.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by DetroitSky; Feb 8, 2022 at 1:29 AM.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 10:06 PM

sounds like a revival of the Cookfox concept. Here's hoping.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 10:09 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 10:29 PM
BANNED

This city is utterly amazing!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 11:21 PM

Oh wow, anything Zeckendorf is bound to be incredible. And given the location, even at only 400 feet tall, this will be very prominent on the skyline.

Plus no tear down necessary, building on an empty lot? Win win!

Great news, can't wait to learn more!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 11:39 PM
Show me the blueprints

36 floors of hyper-luxury residential and 400 feet? I doubt that. At a minimum ceiling height of 12 feet plus another 30 feet or so of floor slabs plus the base floors undoubtedly having even higher ceilings makes it closer to 500 feet.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 8, 2022, 2:17 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Great location. In terms of skyline impact for the neighborhood, big time.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2022, 2:28 AM
BANNED

I really hope that the hideous warehouses around here on Washington and Greenwich are redeveloped soon. Pier 40 also should be redeveloped.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2022, 11:28 PM
BANNED

Does Zeckendorf’s condo next door have a separate thread?

https://therealdeal.com/2022/07/08/z...=feature_posts

Zeckendorfs, Atlas nab $322M from Blackstone for West Side condo tower
Financing will go toward land deal for $1.3B, two-tower project at 570 Washington Street
New York
Jul. 08, 2022 05:24 PM
By Greg Dool

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 1:01 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^

We have one for Pier 40:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho....php?p=7205927

Hopefully they can really add a ton of units to Pier 40. Can't believe that was back in 2015!

So much potential, that 1600 units would be an undercount.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 1:27 AM
BANNED

Are Pier 40’s plans still unresolved? It’s such a dump and should be razed.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 1:43 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Unfortunately I haven't heard much movement on that but I hope that does change considering the new Google HQ and what's going on in 4 Hudson. The demand will be there for these new units. This really is a prime opportunity to one, clean up that place, and set a good example for the area. I do hope if movement occurs, they change the original plans and go a little more grandiose.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 5:42 AM

https://commercialobserver.com/2022/...n-resi-towers/

Blackstone Lends $322M on 570 Washington Resi Towers

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 10:39 AM
BANNED

Wow. They look amazing. I didn’t know that it was permitted to build that tall there.

This reminds me of a much better version of 415 Madison.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jul 9, 2022 at 12:37 PM.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 3:02 PM
New Yorker for life

I like it. The crowns could be better, but it’s nice.

https://cookfox.com/projects/550-washington-2/

Quote:
In 2016, COOKFOX along with Atlas Capital and Westbrook Partners completed a ULURP—Urban Land Use Review Procedure—for redeveloping St. John’s Terminal that once stretched across three Manhattan blocks and bridged over Houston Street. The master plan called for a new residential community with mixed-income housing, including affordable and elder housing, market-rate rental housing and residential condo minimums. The plan also included new retail spaces, better streetscapes, and new green spaces. In addition, the plan improved access to Hudson River Park and to Pier 40 and generated critical funds to restore the pier to a state of good repair. The proposed design of environmentally responsive, ecologically integrated high rises represented an emerging building typology in New York that is focused on occupant health and connections to nature.
Quote:
The design vision of the master plan interpreted the design economy of New York’s early high-rise icons, with massing assembled around finely sculpted towers, detailed with geometrically rigorous setbacks and planted terraces. We developed design guidelines that preserved the industrial character of the site with stone and brick, complemented by elegant, modern steel and glass details. Inspiration for the design at street level is drawn from the solid masonry construction, industrial multi-sash windows and architectural detail of the historic Hudson Square factories and printing press buildings.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 3:07 PM
BANNED

I agree about the lack of a crown. The same is true 415 Madison, 341 Madison, and Extell’s 570 Fifth.

These 2 towers are gorgeous though. I also love the windows with grids.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2022, 3:04 PM
BANNED

It’s really a pleasure to live in the greatest city in the world.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2022, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
It’s really a pleasure to live in the greatest city in the world.

I agree. You should move here! Hard to see these great towers rise from Connecticut.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2022, 4:07 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
I agree. You should move here! Hard to see these great towers rise from Connecticut.
I lived in Manhattan for ten years and have worked in Manhattan for 30 and still shuttle routinely between my company's offices in Westchester and Manhattan. You won’t find a bigger New Yorker than I am, and if I had $5m, I’d move back to Manhattan.

Last edited by JMKeynes; Jul 17, 2022 at 1:22 PM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2022, 12:51 PM

These are simply stunning.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction