HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 6, 2015, 2:40 PM

I am trying to find a way to facilitate putting 20,000 or 25,000 residents on the former Rockcliffe Air base property. I don't see a bus route allowing that. I also don't see a bus route oriented towards the Confederation Line delivering good service. What you gain with the speed of the Confederation Line, you lose in making passengers travel in the opposite direction from their desired travel line in order to reach it.

Yes, it would be ideal to have something travelling along Montreal Road but it is so narrow through Vanier and there are so many traffic signals that I don't know whether you can choose anything other than a subway through Vanier. That isn't going to happen because of the cost.

My idea allows us to consider a much cheaper surface solution and the use of streetcars will allow us to cut through places where a street may not presently exist.

It isn't necessary to build tramways that require 3 or 4 car trains to be successful. Urban tramways are typically one car long, usually articulated. 10 minute frequency provides the level of service that people don't need a schedule.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation