HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 2:00 PM

Please then, delete all diagrams from "Good" Account again

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 7:43 PM.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 3:35 PM

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 6:29 PM
Illstrator / Editor

Was there a problem with the way you drew the diagram?

Did you use the texture shared on the Internet without modification? Or did you modify the 3D modeling using the Internet's shared modeling instead of creating it from scratch?

I don't know the details, but Dylan doesn't necessarily rule out 3D modeling diagrams..

If we want more diagrams for simple information delivery..

Then people can simply collect data from the Internet, edit photos, and model them in a reasonable way, and complete them easily.

In this way, diagrams of national and local cities in countries that no one is interested in will be actively produced. This is because anyone can easily challenge even if they can't draw.

But that would reduce the characteristics, the atmosphere, and the artistic opinion of the diagram.
In addition, there is a copyright issue with Internet materials.

If that happens it represents an overall decline in the quality of the website...

If we ignoring all the controversy, and just looking at the diaram, the diagram of the illustrator 'Good' is great.

Eventually, however, without a basic rule, websites will be overused with low-quality diagrams or shoddy cutouts of pictures. Because anyone will upload a weird diagram, and it will be approved.

I was also 10 years ago (when I was still a high school student)
The oldest version of Haeundae IPARK Tower2 (buildingID=84356)
(crazy blue painting)
It was not immediately approved by Dylan when uploaded.
My IPARK diagram was canceled because it was found to be a suspected theft of a photo, and I succeeded in registering after repeated explanations.
At that time, I lacked aesthetic perspective, spatial sense, and drawing skills, so I drew the diagram hard by referring to the projections of the building.

At that time, the software I used when I drew the diagram was OpenCanvas (Japanese Software), which was optimized for drawing manga and cartoon illustrations.

The outcome of my early version of IPARK was painted with a painterly feel like it's going to be in a cheap commercial. (I was just learning art at the time, so I didn't know the computer graphic pixels, the dot sense or the aesthetics.)
Also, since the data at that time was registered by combining all the buildings, I drew all the buildings in whole, and as a result this was suspected of plagiarism.
Because the composition of my diagram was similar to the picture of the expected bird's eye view of the building.
As a high school student, I lacked knowledge, so I only tried to draw a picture of the expected bird's eye view as similar as possible, resulting in an aesthetic collapse.

When I invested more than 10 hours and my hand-drawn diagram from the beginning was suspected of plagiarism and canceled, I was disappointed, but I succeeded in explaining It's because I have drawn it from scratch. That's why it's registered. (Since then, I've drawn IPARK twice more.)

(At that time, there were probably several editors reviewing the chart other than Dylan, so I don't remember if it was Dylan or not...)

But in principle, Dylan's doubts were considered reasonable. I followed the rules of the website and became an opportunity to explore more graphics to draw diagrams.

By the way, I am not on anyone's side, I wish you and Dylan a smooth settlement of their dispute.

If there is a conflict with the rules of the website, I think we should accept it, if it is reasonably and logically convincing.

Of course, it's possible that you and Dylan are not logical about the dispute, and that it's Dylan's arbitrary ambiguous judgment. (Since I don't know anything about this case...)

But I think the point you're angry about, I guess, is that you uploaded hundreds of diagrams without a hitch, but later all of them were deleted due to plagiarism association.

It was quite a long post... but my poor English skills, I apologize to everyone in advance.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 9:59 PM

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 4:05 PM

I can certainly understand your frustration in having your drawings deleted. I am sure you spent countless hours working on those.

That said, your current approach appears to be to elicit a reaction rather than to get your drawings back. I hope both you and Dylan are able to work this out. Like Etesia, I am not taking sides, but wish for the best that you are able to resolve your conflict.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 6:09 PM

Last edited by CRKMRRMK; Nov 2, 2023 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 5:35 AM
Website Manager

Hi Good / CRKMRRMK, I will give you my response soon

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 3:13 PM
I am the law!

No longer about destroying SSP because he disagrees with the owner's administration of the site. It's elevated to worldwide destruction. Hmm, worldwide destruction may be the only way to eliminate SSP.

Save the world. Start your own site and run it the way you think it should be run.

Correct me if I'm wrong. He knowingly created banned drawings because he disagreed with the site's policies towards them. Subsequently, the banned drawings were found and deleted. I do my own thing too. I don't threaten worldwide destruction if administration disagrees. I don't like the data has been widdled down to storeys, above and below, and number of units. It is advantageous at minimizing a bad copy and paste edit compromising data intregrity though.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; Oct 27, 2023 at 3:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2023, 9:34 AM
Website Manager

In response to Good / CRKMRRMK:

There's specific limiting criteria for drawings on the website for quality and legal reasons, the Drawing Regulations. If it weren't for these rules the quality of the diagrams would diminish. Quality is better than quantity in this case. I'm the guy who set these rules.

Let's review one of your earlier drawing submissions.

Abu Simbel - https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?buildingID=69165

original by Oberhafenjunge

suspected plagiarism by Good / CRKMRRMK

This looks like you took Oberhafenjunge's drawing, stretched it a bit, moved some parts around, and added your own additional parts to the drawing. Do you have Oberhafenjunge's express permission to use his drawing? Maybe you did, I don't actually know I guess.

I can accept that your Tower of Peace drawing is authentic. This can stay in the diagrams

Tower of Peace by by Good / CRKMRRMK - https://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=2100

It isn't sensible or possible to have drawing of ships in the skyscraper diagrams. There're no space stations or airplanes either. Bridges and dams are allowed but often they're a problem because of their dimensions. Maybe bridges and dams will be eliminated from the database one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRKMRRMK View Post
He masturbate with another person, not with me anymore.
You are a strange person

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRKMRRMK View Post
Dylan ...

This is what the website is, erections. You should try submitting that one ^ as a fantasy building design!

I don't want to delete all of your drawings. Some of them are really are good!

Old Posted Nov 2, 2023, 5:16 PM
Illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
In response to Good / CRKMRRMK:
[...]
Quality is better than quantity in this case. I'm the guy who set these rules.

Let's review one of your earlier drawing submissions.

Abu Simbel - https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?buildingID=69165

original by Oberhafenjunge

suspected plagiarism by Good / CRKMRRMK

This looks like you took Oberhafenjunge's drawing, stretched it a bit, moved some parts around, and added your own additional parts to the drawing. Do you have Oberhafenjunge's express permission to use his drawing? Maybe you did, I don't actually know I guess.

I can accept that your Tower of Peace drawing is authentic. This can stay in the diagrams
[...]
good!
No he doesn't. If he asked me beforehand I guess we could have worked something out and I can see his criticism in me having just the main temple in the drawing (but I also must admit, that I interpret it this way as being the building which is referred to here).
Even though I like CRKMRRMK/good and I think he is very enthusiastic about all of this, I must say that I find it strange how he not only adapts my work, but also takes a lot of random sketchup buildings of the internet, sometimes slightly modifies them and then loads them up. Some times it takes just a few seconds of research to find the models.
Also speaking of quality: The drastic range of quality in his drawings worries me the most because it doesn't seem transparend which parts are really his work, which parts are some random *.spk's and which parts are adapted photographs. The lack of coherence both in drawing quality and also in scale (heights are mostly right but withs and proportions are often off) give me a weird feeling about the origin of these drawings.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams