HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in Cowtown View Post
Just sayin what? Because the closest city I live to has a dated stadium... I'm not allowed to an opinion on other CFL stadiums?

And to be honest, I shouldn't even have called McMahon a shithole because it is not. It's just an old stadium that has long past it's relevance. A shithole would be unmaintained and dirty... which McMahon is definitely not.
McMahon - maintained, yes although that could be debated; dirty, yes as well. Problem is most visitors to McMahon only see the surface stuff - they aren't in the back rooms and such.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:33 PM

THF is coming together better than I thought. The unified themed ads and banners are really bringing the right amount of zip to the silver/grey seats. I'm pretty confident that when the whole view is seen and the patios finished, it'll be a great looking little stadium as I had said long ago.

Whether the designers had a lot of coin to work with or not, they did put much thought into a lot of the little things which will unfold over the next few months as it reaches it's end of construction.

Just read a post from someone in Ottawa raving about Levy Restaurants (the concession provider). Hope Hamilton's version of Levys works out as well when the kitchens and concessions are completed.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

It's too bad THF and the Ti-Cats won't be able to capitalize on the emerging downtown core and grow with the city's resurgence. Bob Young will be kicking himself in the near future at this huge missed opportunity.

In the meantime more and more Torontonians will continue to flock downtown as new condo announcements continue to spring up almost monthly. Enjoy slumming it, Bob (location, not stadium)... you got what you wished for.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

^Always such a ray of sunshine, adding positivity and happy thoughts to every post.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

^ Just being realistic.

The stadium looks decent though... so there's your positivity.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Old Posted Today, 12:14 AM

That arena's gonna be a nice one.

Is it me, or is the ceiling lower than most arenas?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada