HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Anyway, the exquisite narcissism of this is breathtaking:
Those buzzwords are all that she has... no surprise that she would cling to them to the very end.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung
Quote:
At least academically, girls and young women do seem to be achieving more on average than boys these days, but according to the stats the payoff in terms of dollars doesn't seem to have quite caught up just yet.
And this is in spite of woketarian policies and social climate aimed at narrowing the gender pay gap, because there's a lag time, and like you said the dollars haven't caught up yet. Are you for or against these efforts?
LOL! It's quite obvious to anyone who's paying attention the the woke movement doesn't give a shit about cis feminism (or cis women's causes in general).

They never miss an opportunity to thrown cis women under the bus.

And actually, since we're talking about money it's quite clear that the woke movement doesn't give a shit about matters of economic inequality either.
lol quit trying to pit trans women against cis women and answer the simple question

I mean, why do you keep focusing on the bathwater instead of the baby?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:13 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
lol quit trying to pit trans women against cis women and answer the simple question

I mean, why do you keep focusing on the bathwater instead of the baby?
Oh I am and would be in favour of any socio-economic equality measures. I just don't see much of anything on this coming from the woke side which is getting all of the attention right now and sucking up all of the energy and oxygen.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:14 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
https://twitter.com/nomoreredface/st...19311176769536

Damn. This sounds more or less like a Canadian Rachel Dolezal situation.

I suppose it isn't entirely shocking that someone would try to do something like that... there is the potential for a fair bit of money and status if you can pull it off.
I am honestly not sure if all of these people are simply in it because it's potentially lucrative.

My sense is that a lot of them probably did fall in love with "the cause" and twisted their own reality in order to make themselves fit in.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:17 PM
Registered Drug User

This kind of shrieking hysteria is a manifestation of woketarian pathology, and in this case, it's not funny anymore.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:23 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

He's actually one of the people who's been outing her as an (alleged) fake.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:24 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
This kind of shrieking hysteria is a manifestation of woketarian pathology, and in this case, it's not funny anymore.
Her rants are interesting consider her PHD studies
Quote:
A philosophy of art education - practicing Taoism as a way to teach creativity and response to art

Abstract:

This thesis concerns practicing Taoism as a way to teach creativity and response to art. The Tao is the ground of being, the root from which the 10,000 things arise and are active. To be wise with the Tao is to intuit this truth, which can only be sensed and not seen with vision that sorts things according to appearances. It is through this insight that we are able to teach creativity as we are connected to the greater intelligence that holds all life within itself without prejudice. This is simply to be open-minded.
By that I mean most of those that I've met who consider themselves Taoist followers are less .... unhinged.

Do something about your future.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:28 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
lol quit trying to pit trans women against cis women ...
In fairness to Acajack, he's not the one pitting those groups against each other .... In Vancouver, it's okay for BIPOC women and BIPOC trans to attend a yoga class (optimized for "wombs") .... but not white CIS women ...
Quote:
Wellness spaces should be spaces for everyone to enjoy, that’s why we are offering a gentle all-levels class that’s free for all self-identified women of colour! The class will be led by BIPOC Yogini Joss Frank of Wild Womb.

You can expect a mix of gentle all levels womb yoga, yoga nidra, plus a chance to express and share amongst your community. You deserve this self-love time with your sisters. These classes are offered every Sunday at our Kitsilano location.

This class is led by Joss Frank, a dedicated womb yoga and nidra facilitator with trauma-informed studies. Joss’ heritage is Metis (Cree and Iroquois), Black, and German. She aims to guide all women to reclaim their feminine power and love their bodies.

* Womb yoga is connecting to an energetic womb space so no physical womb is needed here. Womb yoga is for absolutely all ages and stages of self-identified women.
Part of the issue here is that this business discriminates against white CIS women in that they likely wouldn't be able to teach this "class" (or attend).

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:36 PM

^^ anyone can find lunacy anywhere if they dig for it?

Quote:
Oh I am and would be in favour of any socio-economic equality measures. I just don't see much of anything on this coming from the woke side which is getting all of the attention right now and sucking up all of the energy and oxygen.
Well that's all you'd hear about on Parler, but back in the real world - and back to gender inequality - these measures to hasten the end of said inequity in staffing or salary, by definition isn't a gender-blind process (ie picking equally-qualified candidates who happen to be women, incentives for female participation in certain professions). How does that square with your "don't look at skin colour" world view?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:39 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddog View Post
Taoist followers are less .... unhinged.
Funnily enough, though, the craziest and creepiest temples in Taiwan are the Taoist ones!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 10:52 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
^^ anyone can find lunacy anywhere if they dig for it?

Well that's all you'd hear about on Parler, but back in the real world - and back to gender inequality - these measures to hasten the end of said inequity in staffing or salary, by definition isn't a gender-blind process (ie picking equally-qualified candidates who happen to be women, incentives for female participation in certain professions). How does that square with your "don't look at skin colour" world view?
I am in favour of employment equity (or affirmative action) in terms of picking a less represented group when two candidates are equally qualified. (And I would view this is a temporary measure to be phased out eventually.)

I am not in favour of assuming people are qualified or knowledgeable about cultural matter X Y or Z based solely on their family tree, and giving them a job just for that reason.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Record scratches to a halt: "Communism"? Huh?

Like Acajack said, woketarianism is not concerned with economic class or labour. The new woke left mainly wants white men to beg forgiveness for their sins and greater trans representation in TV sitcoms.
Some US schools are actually teaching black communism.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 11:38 PM
Beer me Captain

Since Canada "imported" the BLM ecosystem, could this be the next stage??
Quote:
“Anti-Racism” Is Becoming Troublingly Racist You might think it’s helping, but it’s not.
If you’ve been watching the trajectory of anti-racism over the past few years you can probably relate.
It’s become dominated by people who seem as if they want to help but are hopelessly confused about how to do so.
Brentwood School’s recently announced plans to segregate parent/teacher meetings by race, as part of their (and I’m not kidding here) “Inclusive Excellence Racial Equity” initiative. White parents will meet with white teachers, black parents will meet with black teachers, Hispanic parents with Hispanic teachers.
Or there’s Meyerholz Elementary School, where eight-year-old children are instructed to rank themselves according to the power and privilege of their race, gender and sexuality.
They’re learning, at eight years old, that the most fundamental aspects of who they are will forever mark them as “oppressor” or “oppressed”
Yes you can find lunacy anywhere, but isn't it scary, that you don't even have to look for it as it seems like more and more of it is moving towards mainstream?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2021, 11:53 PM

Quote:
He's actually one of the people who's been outing her as an (alleged) fake.
There was a great SRC episode of Enquete 3 weeks ago on the fake aboriginal professors.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Hmmm shocking to see an academic speak this way. And one involved in teacher education, no less.

I have years of experience working in both universities and high schools - young parents ought to seriously consider homeschooling their children.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 2:29 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_xavier View Post
There was a great SRC episode of Enquete 3 weeks ago on the fake aboriginal professors.
I was gonna mention that too! That’s where I came across the professor’s name.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 3:47 AM

Quote:
lol quit trying to pit trans women against cis women
lol, professional athletes who are cis women definitely don't need anyone's push in order to become pitted against medal-stealing individuals with XY chromosomes and the muscles that come along with those; it is and will remain the case whether Acajack says anything or not!

There's a reason we have gendered categories in pro sports. (Or if there's no reason anymore, fine; let's just have one category for all humans. Personally that's my favored solution, very elegant and inarguable, even though cis women will never win anything ever again.)

You're a woman? Forget the idea of winning medals in sports.
You're a short thin guy who's genetically very un-athletic? Forget the idea of being a NFL star.
That's already pretty much how things are, anyway. Not everyone gets to become anything they want.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Since Canada "imported" the BLM ecosystem, could this be the next stage??
Yes you can find lunacy anywhere, but isn't it scary, that you don't even have to look for it as it seems like more and more of it is moving towards mainstream?
Next step: schools for whites, different schools for "colored"; hospitals for whites, different hospitals for "colored". Welcome to the 2020s!

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 3:55 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesomesauce View Post
Hmmm shocking to see an academic speak this way. And one involved in teacher education, no less.

I have years of experience working in both universities and high schools - young parents ought to seriously consider homeschooling their children.
It's actually shocking that she wasn't suspended or fired for the first incident when she publicly smeared a dozen of her students by naming them and alleging they are racist.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2021, 3:57 AM

Quote:
In fairness to Acajack, he's not the one pitting those groups against each other .... In Vancouver, it's okay for BIPOC women and BIPOC trans to attend a yoga class (optimized for "wombs") .... but not white CIS women ...
Part of the issue here is that this business discriminates against white CIS women in that they likely wouldn't be able to teach this "class" (or attend).
So it would be legal in British Columbia to offer a yoga class that's only open to white women?!?

Or they're legally (on paper) officially accepting people of all ethnicities, but merely trying as hard as legally possible to discourage people of the wrong skin color from joining (which they could, legally, if they wanted)...?

The difference is huge, even though subtle. I can in practice make sure I have only white tenants; I can't "officially" have that as a policy though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada