HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 11:56 PM

For those without a underground parking spot, just FYI:

I just contacted the city to request a permit for my vehicle, however, they have notified me that this building (i.e. the Park) has opted out of getting street permits to reduce its taxes, and thus the city won't issue me a parking permit.

I am sure the Park said 24/7 permit street parking was going to be available...

Anyone else hear the same or is having the same issue? What am I to do?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 12:41 AM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

I can't even think of another new development in Beltline that would have had the option for residents of permit street parking.

Perhaps you will have to rent a stall from a fellow owner?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic763 View Post
For those without a underground parking spot, just FYI:

I just contacted the city to request a permit for my vehicle, however, they have notified me that this building (i.e. the Park) has opted out of getting street permits to reduce its taxes, and thus the city won't issue me a parking permit.

I am sure the Park said 24/7 permit street parking was going to be available...

Anyone else hear the same or is having the same issue? What am I to do?
Unbelievable...I too was told that we would get one street parking permit per bedroom to my face several times.

Perhaps this is a temporary situation - i.e. the developer doesn't want to be on the hook for their taxes, so once the building is fully complete/titles are transferred (some time in 2016?), then we'll be able to get permits?

Anybody else running into this issue?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyview View Post
Hi Mcmann89

Trust me it is wrong what they gave you and everyone else. They do not even know what the postal code is for their own building!

It is T2R 0Y9. It is on the front page of the appraisal I received from my bank.

I have also confirmed and registered this address and postal code with Canada Post for delivery.
Hi there - based on the email that was sent out the other day, it looks like you were right! We've still been getting mail with the T2R 0K3 postal code for now, though.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmann89 View Post
Hi there - based on the email that was sent out the other day, it looks like you were right! We've still been getting mail with the T2R 0K3 postal code for now, though.
I was informed by Canada Post it is the same one T2ROY9. Shaw cable told me it was T2R0K3 though? I called the city about the parking and they mentioned that we will have to wait until the management company is in place and the building is registered at land titles before we can get street parking passes. I am sure by the end of the month everything will be in place.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv-id on the Park View Post
Unbelievable...I too was told that we would get one street parking permit per bedroom to my face several times.

Perhaps this is a temporary situation - i.e. the developer doesn't want to be on the hook for their taxes, so once the building is fully complete/titles are transferred (some time in 2016?), then we'll be able to get permits?

Anybody else running into this issue?
That isn't likely. They don't (or very rarely) issue any new on-street parking permits in the Beltline anymore I don't think. None for any building built in a long while at least. I have never known anyone with a residential permit in the Beltline.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 12:59 AM

Moved into my suite on the 14th floor yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the unit. Barley any deficiencies besides some very minor paint touch ups. Build quality seems excellent and everything is in working order. Hope everyone else has has a similar experience once they've taken possession of their units.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWALTER14 View Post
Moved into my suite on the 14th floor yesterday. I am extremely pleased with the unit. Barley any deficiencies besides some very minor paint touch ups. Build quality seems excellent and everything is in working order. Hope everyone else has has a similar experience once they've taken possession of their units.
Hey Mwalter14

I am SO happy for you! LOVE this positive energy on this board!!!!

Congrats!!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 5:45 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a parking spot on the first floor of the parkade. If anyone has a large spot deeper in the parkade they wanted to switch I would be happy to do so as I rarely drive my car. (not permanently switch but switch while we live in the building).

Let me know if interested!

Old Posted Nov 23, 2015, 6:11 AM

Hit ya with the PM

Old Posted Nov 27, 2015, 1:01 PM
MountainClimber

Hi
Has anyone compared the area sq. meters and also unit factor in agreement with that in confirmation of legal description? Looks lesser in latter.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2015, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainClimber View Post
Hi
Has anyone compared the area sq. meters and also unit factor in agreement with that in confirmation of legal description? Looks lesser in latter.
Do you have any idea how to have it measured by professionals?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Hi
My unit was sold to me at 899 sq. feet. The legal drawing I received after move-in says 895 sq. feet.

A small difference and probably not noticeable... But not being delivered what was promised is what's annoying.

Does the builder have an out clause to short-change us on square footage too?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstett View Post
My unit was sold to me at 899 sq. feet. The legal drawing I received after move-in says 895 sq. feet.

A small difference and probably not noticeable... But not being delivered what was promised is what's annoying.

You can't expect the exact sq ft from a developer. Exact footage can vary slightly, builders have to have some construction tolerance. If it's only 4 sq ft that's not too bad. However, if you were supposed to get 899, and are 50 short, that would be a bit ridiculous.

If you look on the floor plans, there should be somewhere a note saying sizes can vary slightly or something along those lines.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2015, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganstett View Post

How where to find the legal drawing you talked about?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2015, 11:54 PM
MountainClimber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands View Post
How where to find the legal drawing you talked about?
With confirmation of legal description, you should have received a condo plan. look in the almost unreadable unit area column in the condo unit factor table to check what you actually got

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 2:27 AM

Quote:
With confirmation of legal description, you should have received a condo plan. look in the almost unreadable unit area column in the condo unit factor table to check what you actually got
I have not received anything. Is that the package coming from Lawyer?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2015, 4:20 PM

Does anyone have any info on when the gym will be ready or if it already is?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2015, 11:04 PM

Worst decision I have ever made.

Purchasing a unit in this building has truly been the worst decision I have ever made. From finding less than 8 foot ceilings, to the fact that multiple deficiencies and damage to my unit have still not been fixed over 2 months from my walk through to the multiple inaccuracies and misrepresentations i have been told by Richard Lobsinger and the development team it has truly been awful.

Anyone ever considering purchasing a unit in this building or any future development from this developer/builder please feel free to PM me where I can give and show you further details regarding my experience.

Last edited by lcrooks; Dec 14, 2015 at 11:17 PM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 4:31 PM

Parking

I am told the gym will is opening on the 22nd. Anyone renting a second parking stall? You can message me privately.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive