HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 7:59 AM
Administrator

A question for the stat/mapping geeks...

Trying to track down something I thought would be readily available and easy to find, but I'm not having much luck.

I'm trying to find information/figures about a specific county (Hillsborough Fl). How much its total tax base is worth, and how that divvies up between Tampa and the rest of the county. A map showing areas with high value tax base would be awesome. (like taxable value $ per acre)

Anyone know where to find this online, or have access to tools to find out and/or whip up such a map without troubling themselves?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 4:56 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Probably using ArcGIS and either downloading a pre-made data map based on communities or districts and their taxes/income and so on.

A tax parcel map could be useful, and then using ArcGIS to analyze it.

They have a free trial of the software. Either that or downloads it from some other source.

Some municipalities though offer this for free. A tax map based on districts/communities and could run on a internet browser.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 11:21 PM
Administrator

I've looked at the one the property appraiser offers, but couldn't figure out how to extract what I'm seeking from it. Was hoping it would simply be part of a report somewhere.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 1:05 AM

so you are trying to figure out the sum of the total market value of every single parcel of land in this county? so im assuming the total value of each taxlot including land and improvements? if the county has a GIS system (do they?) then it will certainly be a field in their taxlot database. the tricky part is getting access to that information. often its by subscription only. will investigate

Last edited by pdxtex; Apr 15, 2015 at 1:19 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 1:17 AM

so looking at the county website, they do have a GIS section. on their webpage it says parcel information is available but you have to call the appraisers office, 272-6100 (ie, they will probably sell you a copy of the shapefile)...this might meet your needs though. http://www.city-data.com/county/Hill...County-FL.html their little map function has each census tract and gives you some pretty detailed info. its got total number of housing units and median price per tract among other thing. you could fudge it and just multiply total number of housing units by the median price, if you were just looking at residential use. also the tracts are shaded by median value so you can at least see the relative worth of each tract.

Last edited by pdxtex; Apr 15, 2015 at 1:39 AM.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:35 AM
Administrator

I'm trying to simply find out Tampa's taxable value and how it relates to the rest of the county's.

And not just residential value, total taxable value. I've seen the county number quoted in news reports, but not since 2012, and nothing for the city of Tampa.

I'll just email the prop appraisers office. Thanks for lending a hand!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions