HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 7:12 AM

Great news on 1200 fig. Im wondering. With the 3 largest parking lots in LA finally gone and currently being taken up for developments.... where are all the cars for staples center and the convention center parking now ?

Old Posted Today, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
^^^ Google maps Ariel view. The site itself sits at an angle..... the street goes through this site and fig central diagonally so it was really the only option since the site to the south of it is still being occupied by hooters and city owned property if im not mistaken.

Now for my reaction....

I LITERALLY JUST SHIT MYSELF ! LOOKED AT MY SCREEN TO CONFIRM WHAT I WAS SEEING AND DIED ! The sea of cranes heading for south park by the end of the year.... CRAZY.

We knew this one was coming but it got started with little attention, no ground breaking ceremony, no city officials on site or anything. I things its just as important as Metropolis and Fig Central and the luxe site.....Well maybe not as important but deserves some recognition.
This aerial view gives a great perspective of what is to come...if you imagine Metropolis, Wilshire Grand, 1200 Fig, the new JW Marriott tower, Fig Central, and Shenzhen's three-tower Luxe replacement, one modern tower after another stretching along the 110. These projects are going to dramatically alter the experience in that area. It literally will not be recognizable.

Old Posted Today, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycruz View Post
Great news on 1200 fig. Im wondering. With the 3 largest parking lots in LA finally gone and currently being taken up for developments.... where are all the cars for staples center and the convention center parking now ?
The gazillion garages by Metropolis?

But yeah, the Fig corridor is going to be an entirely different world in a few years. They will definitely need to address the Pico station I think.

Old Posted Today, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjalby View Post
Do you think the Bloc is really going to close at 4 PM?? If you are going to be pissed at gentrification at least try to find something realistic.
How on earth did you reach that conclusion from my post? Try reading it again.

Im talking about the new boutique fashion stores that people praise

Tanner Goods:
Store Hours
M-S: 11AM-7PM
Sunday: 11AM-6PM

Acne:
Monday to Friday 11am–7.30pm
Saturday 10am–7.30pm
Sunday 12pm–6pm

Oak:
11am-8pm

Aesop:
11:00 am - 6:00 pm

I see the same people shitting on the jewelry district stores for closing at 6pm while praising these new stores that open at 11am and dont stay open much later anyway.

Old Posted Today, 5:34 PM

How will Greenland attempt to realize their "Avenue of the Angels" idea? It obviously won't be a pedestrian-only promenade because of the thousands of parking stalls that dump onto Francisco St. I suspect it will require buy-in from the owners of the exisiting garages to convert to street level retail like what happened at 11th and Hope. The garage directly behind Smart and Final is a real eye-sore. Maybe Greenland will buy them out and raze it

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations