HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 3:04 PM
JACKinBeantown

Austin needs diagrams!

OK, I don't expect this thread to have any followers. I just wanted to point out that the four tallest buildings under construction in Austin don't have diagrams.

Bowie, JW Marriott, Colorado Tower and Seaholm all have blank spaces that could be filled in by one of you talented artists.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=93

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
OK, I don't expect this thread to have any followers. I just wanted to point out that the four tallest buildings under construction in Austin don't have diagrams.

Bowie, JW Marriott, Colorado Tower and Seaholm all have blank spaces that could be filled in by one of you talented artists.

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=93
...you are very right about this.....there is a shit ton missing.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2014, 10:33 PM

I agree, we need a new diagram like the one we had back in 2005 showing The Spring, 360, The Auston, The Legacy, ect.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 10:27 PM

I just recently jumped back into participating in this forum actively after only lurking and not posting several years.

Why is the Skyscaper page Diagram section so far behind?

I see 98 and 80 red river but not much more than that.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2022, 11:56 PM

It's all forum user supported, and there aren't enough people volunteering their time to keep it updated.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 1:11 AM

Yeah, no Indeed tower diagram.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I agree, we need a new diagram like the one we had back in 2005 showing The Spring, 360, The Auston, The Legacy, ect.
Sorry if obvious, but what is The Legacy?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post
Sorry if obvious, but what is The Legacy?
I think it's the one now called Windsor. It's the one furthest south on Rainey.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 3:23 AM

I’ve been working on Block 185 in my minimal amounts of spare time, but there are a few factors working against myself and others on this website. For one, I’ve tried numerous times to create an account with the diagram forum (it requires a separate account from this forum), but the site won’t allow me or others to login with their newly created accounts. I’ve created multiple new accounts in an attempt to gain access, but there is no way to log in. Supposedly the site owner, “Dylan”, must approve new access, but every attempt I’ve made to contact him has been met with silence.

The second factor working against myself and others is that under-construction diagrams are now blurred. I take pride in my work and love perfecting the tiniest of details, from glare/tint on windows to minute shadows cast underneath rooftops. I won’t speak for everyone, but I know several other artists that have been long-time creators on this website that have ceased working on projects because there is no guarantee their work will ever be published.

Take a look here to see what I mean.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 1:40 PM

That is very disappointing. That was one of my favorite things about this forum (of many). I loved having the diagrams side by side to get an idea of how much bigger one building is than the other. Especially with the hills downtown, they can be deceptive when gauging hieght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywest87 View Post
I’ve been working on Block 185 in my minimal amounts of spare time, but there are a few factors working against myself and others on this website. For one, I’ve tried numerous times to create an account with the diagram forum (it requires a separate account from this forum), but the site won’t allow me or others to login with their newly created accounts. I’ve created multiple new accounts in an attempt to gain access, but there is no way to log in. Supposedly the site owner, “Dylan”, must approve new access, but every attempt I’ve made to contact him has been met with silence.

The second factor working against myself and others is that under-construction diagrams are now blurred. I take pride in my work and love perfecting the tiniest of details, from glare/tint on windows to minute shadows cast underneath rooftops. I won’t speak for everyone, but I know several other artists that have been long-time creators on this website that have ceased working on projects because there is no guarantee their work will ever be published.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2022, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywest87 View Post

Interesting. I was wondering why 98 Red River is blurry. I thought it was my browser.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 4:34 PM
Resident Moron

Thats extremely dumb.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin