HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

99 Hudson Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Jersey City (New York City) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 8:12 PM

So I don't have height information yet, but can confirm the design has changed and the floor count has been reduced. However, as has been pointed out, it's possible the height remains the same if the floor height has increased from the original proposal. I think it may be safe to say the tower might be 990ft or less. Hopefully someone can make it to the meeting tonight so we'll know for sure in a few hours.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2015, 10:40 PM

any updates? I'm very anxious haha

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 7:00 PM

From an official:

The height of this building is set to be 900 feet and 79 stories. the gross floor area of this building is approximately 1,385,000

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 7:06 PM
DENNAB

If that's true still not too bad. It's a new tallest in JC

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 7:29 PM

So... the original proposal was for 900,000 sqft and change. This revised version uses all the development rights assigned to the site. However, I'm guessing the floorplates are larger, which is why the building floor count has been reduced.

1.385 million sqft is an extremely large building!

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
If that's true still not too bad. It's a new tallest in JC
Tallest in NJ, no?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 10:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post
Tallest in NJ, no?
This one is set to rise. Assuming Liberty Rising doesn't happen. But if it does, it would be the 2nd Tallest.

So for now, this will be the future tallest as it is guaranteed. Liberty Rising still needs to clear many more hurdles.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 3:31 AM

Anything more on last night's meeting? Seems almost nothing has been learned and would love to hear more details.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 5:09 PM

ANY news? We got a smidgen last night but no concrete details. Sorry that CIA and others couldn't get to the meeting Tuesday night but I was sure by now lots would have come out already.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 5:18 PM

I can't find a single publication! You'd think there would be something given the huge impact this will have on the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 6:50 PM

Hey guys, ANY news at all? I thought this was getting approved and all.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
Haven't seen any articles from Jersey Journal which would be the typical source.

Just found this but doesn't really say much: http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uplo...0June09act.pdf

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 7:26 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Wait until the mayor updates his twitter. Usually there are little real estate updates, and something like this will be mentioned. If there was a list of potential clients or personal at the meeting, I'd check their twitter or facebook.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 5:17 PM

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
LoL at rumors of this one being land banked

COA is hiring a Project Manager for construction!!

https://www.selectleaders.com/candid....do?&jid=42297

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 5:15 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

China Construction America is also building Miami's tallest tower (super tall too!) which was revealed yesterday. Chinese developers are the best when it comes to towers. They don't f around. From the drawing board to steel rising, and fast.

With the influx of Chinese capital into American cities only increasing because of the economic nightmare in China right now, more developments from developers who have the balls to think big are what we need. If only Barnett was Chinese, Nordstrom could of been a mega tall.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 4:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
China Construction America is also building Miami's tallest tower (super tall too!) which was revealed yesterday. Chinese developers are the best when it comes to towers. They don't f around. From the drawing board to steel rising, and fast.

With the influx of Chinese capital into American cities only increasing because of the economic nightmare in China right now, more developments from developers who have the balls to think big are what we need. If only Barnett was Chinese, Nordstrom could of been a mega tall.
The Chinese are smart people. They are looking for an investment that will bring them money down the line. They would only build megatalls if a market exists. I don't see them resorting to balls, I see them resorting to common sense and the numbers. Conservatism and financial prudency is probably more important than building a flashy tower in NY. They probably don't care about NYC, it's just about the money.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 5:13 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

If the Chinese are seeking to make money (like everyone else), why would they not care about New York?

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 5:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothalamus View Post
If the Chinese are seeking to make money (like everyone else), why would they not care about New York?
They care about money, not about making some kind of patriotic statement in a foreign city. If a megatall is going to get them the most, I'm sure they will go for it only if it's just for the money, not for pride or prestige.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2015, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
They care about money, not about making some kind of patriotic statement in a foreign city. If a megatall is going to get them the most, I'm sure they will go for it only if it's just for the money, not for pride or prestige.
That makes zero sense. Very, very few supertalls make any financial sense, anywhere on earth. Probably not even one makes financial sense in China.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive