HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 4:32 PM

Beautiful Coeur D'Alene

City Profile

Coeur d'Alene is a majestic city situated at the foot of the Bitterroot Range of the Rocky Mountains in the Northern Idaho Panhandle. To its south, the city lies at the shores of pristine Lake Coeur d'Alene. Looking at it from a nearby hill or mountain, the city almost gets lost beneath the canopy of evergreens that blanket the region. The city's western boundaries hug the banks of the Spokane River, one of the major tributaries of the Columbia River down stream.

The Coeur d'Alene Metropolitan Area encompasses neighboring suburban areas such as Post Falls, Dalton Gardens, and Hayden. The overal metropolitan area is home to 150,000 residents, making it among the most populous in the state. The Coeur d'Alene Metro is further situated in the larger Spokane-Spokane Valley-CdA, WA-ID Combined Statistical Area that stretches approximately 40 miles along Interstate 90, spanning either side of the state line. This larger urban area of contiguous urban and suburban development is home to 700,000 residents, putting it on par with Boise and Colorado Springs in size.

Being only 10 miles from the state line, you might almost mistake this Interior-Northwestern city as being located in the state of Washington. With local clocks set to Pacific Standard Time, it is easy to forget you are still in Idaho. The city is actually located an hour-drive closer to Seattle than its own state capital of Boise.

The City

Last edited by (Eco)nomy_404; Jun 2, 2016 at 8:27 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 4:38 PM

The Lake

Last edited by (Eco)nomy_404; Jun 2, 2016 at 5:21 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 4:53 PM

The Trails:

Last edited by (Eco)nomy_404; Jun 2, 2016 at 5:20 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 9:06 PM

Thanks for the photos (Eco)nomy_404. Do you live up there now?

Coeur D'Alene has got to be the most scenic city by a lake in the west, the setting is amazing.

Last edited by Cottonwood; Jun 2, 2016 at 9:20 PM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 9:43 PM
Denver

wow that is really nice!

much better than colorado springs

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 11:02 PM

Deleted (duplicate post, not sure how that happened!)

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Thanks for the photos (Eco)nomy_404. Do you live up there now?

Coeur D'Alene has got to be the most scenic city by a lake in the west, the setting is amazing.
My family has been up here for 7 years. I'm just up here for a few weeks on vacation. With the lovely weather, I couldn't help but post a thread to share its majestic beauty with the forum. I have to agree that it is a one-of-a-kind gem of a city.

The waterfront is absolutely amazing! You can even feel little "sea breezes" blowing of the lake in the summer. I really enjoy the urban vibe on a waterfront setting. Then there is the regional trail network: the 65-mile Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes, the 40-mile Centennial Trail that links Spokane to CdA, the Prairie Trail, North Idaho Panhandle Trail, etc, etc. It's truly a wonderful place!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 2:54 AM

I was impressed with CDA when I first visited several years (dang I think it has been about 10 years ago now). I really want to go back and spend more time in the area.

Also, is it really still that far of a drive to Seattle from there? I wouldv'e figured it to be much closer. Maybe it just seems that way.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
I was impressed with CDA when I first visited several years (dang I think it has been about 10 years ago now). I really want to go back and spend more time in the area.

Also, is it really still that far of a drive to Seattle from there? I wouldv'e figured it to be much closer. Maybe it just seems that way.
It's about 4-4.5 hrs. It's really not that bad. I certainly don't mind the drive. The Cascades are an absolutely gorgeous drive!

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 5:40 AM
Always running Late

beautiful place!! thanks for the pictures.. always love Coeur d'Alene

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West