HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Bowie in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Austin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 8:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
Exactly. Let's try to save the Hill Country from over development. The best way to do this is to encourage development in the much less developed and less environmentally sensitive areas (ie. ugly South Texas scrubland) like SE Travis County WHERE THE F1 TRACK IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! This should be the main argument for F1. Keep the hills pristine and build to the East.
As any ecologist can tell you, the S. Texas "scrubland" is just as rich and important as anything in the hill country. Perhaps it doesn't meet some folks' aesthetic criteria, but it nonetheless will be affected negatively by over- development. The Gulf Coastal Plain as a wilderness is all but gone thanks to agricultural and suburban encroachment.

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquillas View Post
As any ecologist can tell you, the S. Texas "scrubland" is just as rich and important as anything in the hill country. Perhaps it doesn't meet some folks' aesthetic criteria, but it nonetheless will be affected negatively by over- development. The Gulf Coastal Plain as a wilderness is all but gone thanks to agricultural and suburban encroachment.
Well said.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2011, 6:45 AM
Meh

http://www.statesman.com/business/do...y-1874060.html
Quote:
By Shonda Novak
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Updated: 10:47 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011
Published: 7:47 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, 2011

In addition, Endeavor Real Estate Group said Thursday that it plans to build 350 apartments in a previously announced tower planned for West Fifth and Bowie streets. Jamil Alam, a principal with Austin-based Endeavor, said the building will have about 34 stories and will include 45,000 square feet of office space.

Alam declined to release additional details about Endeavor's project.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2012, 2:27 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 1:18 AM
Meh

I count 37 floors. The rendering actually shows the tree that was requested to be cut down. I remember the article mentioning the tree is 75 feet tall or something.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 2:26 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I count 37 floors. The rendering actually shows the tree that was requested to be cut down. I remember the article mentioning the tree is 75 feet tall or something.
If that is the case, then the building is probably 425-450 feet.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 5:23 AM

So is this alive or dead? Any inside whispers on how this is looking? I really hope it happens...Got anything secretagent???

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 6:17 AM
Meh

http://www.statesman.com/business/re...inglePage=true
Quote:
Downtown's skyline poised for a remake

By Shonda Novak

Updated: 12:07 a.m. Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Published: 10:45 p.m. Monday, June 11, 2012

3 eleven Bowie

Developer: Endeavor Real Estate Group and the Lynd Co.

Stories: 36

Capacity: 359 apartments, along with 42,000 square feet of office space and 3,000 feet of retail

Projected start: Third quarter of this year

Projected completion: Late 2014

Cost: Undisclosed

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 6:35 AM

I love they way that the incorporated the controversial tree into the design. Very smart.

This larger version of the rendering isn't with the article. Where'd you get it?

Last edited by wwmiv; Jun 12, 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 6:44 AM
~Hook'em~

It is a good thing that tree is on the south side of the tower with the creek right there or the lack of sunlight would definitely kill it. lol.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 7:06 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
I love they way that the incorporated the controversial tree into the design. Very smart.

This rendering isn't with the article. Where'd you get it?
It's the larger version of the rendering that JoninATX posted above. It may have come from the link he included with the smaller rendering. I don't remember. That link isn't working now. I saved it as soon as I could. Even if the design changes, I'd still like to have it.

I hope the building interacts more with the creek than that. Now that Waller Creek is being turned into a mini-riverwalk, why not do the same for Shoal Creek? Or at the very least, control the flooding so we can have a trail system along it. Imagine living there and being able to leave your building, walk down the Shoal Creek trail to the hike and bike trail.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 7:07 AM

Quote:
It's the larger version of the rendering that JoninATX posted above. It may have come from the link he included with the smaller rendering. I don't remember. That link isn't working now. I saved it as soon as I could. Even if the design changes, I'd still like to have it.

I hope the building interacts more with the creek than that. Now that Waller Creek is being turned into a mini-riverwalk, why not do the same for Shoal Creek? Or at the very least, control the flooding so we can have a trail system along it. Imagine living there and being able to leave your building, walk down the Shoal Creek trail to the hike and bike trail.
You posted this reply as I was editing my original comment to reflect the fact it's just a larger version

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 3:21 AM

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 6:12 AM
Meh

^Here's the article that rendering came from.

http://www.statesman.com/business/re...t-2399700.html
Quote:
Developer unveils new details about planned tower at Fifth and Bowie

By Shonda Novak

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Published: 9:36 p.m. Thursday, June 14, 2012

Austin-based Endeavor Real Estate Group released new details about a planned 36-story tower downtown to the American-Statesman, including that it has lined up the equity for the mixed-use project and has brought the Lynd Co. on as a development partner.

Endeavor and Lynd , a family-owned national real estate company based in San Antonio, plan to break ground on the tower in September, with the first of its 358 apartment units ready for tenants by third quarter 2014. The project is called 3 eleven Bowie, after its address near West Fifth and Bowie streets.

Equity is being provided by an undisclosed institutional investor, said Jamil Alam, a managing principal with Endeavor. Endeavor and Lynd officials are in the market to raise the construction debt needed for the project.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2012, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
LOVE the render... nice looking tower. Glad to see some financing in place and that this will get going in the calendar year.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2012, 1:03 AM
Meh

I emailed the developer to get the building height, and it will be 420 feet tall officially to the top of the mechanical penthouse. He said the occupied pool area is just shy of 400 feet. So I guess that means 399 feet and change to the main roof.

So at 420 feet, today it would be our 6th tallest.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 5:02 PM
Chairman

Quote:
I emailed the developer to get the building height, and it will be 420 feet tall officially to the top of the mechanical penthouse. He said the occupied pool area is just shy of 400 feet. So I guess that means 399 feet and change to the main roof.

So at 420 feet, today it would be our 6th tallest.
What kind impact would this make within Austin's skyline?

-sb

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 5:37 PM
Meh

It's actually going to be between two taller buildings. Spring to the west is 434 feet tall with 42 floors, while 360 Condos to the east is 563 feet with to the spire/474 to the roof with 44 floors.

The biggest impact it'll make is that area's going to be densifying. 10 years ago there were no buildings over there over 100 feet tall. Now our 2nd tallest in the city is there. The list in the area: 360 Condos (563 feet) - Spring (434 feet) - The Monarch (323 feet) - Austin City Lofts (180 feet) - Whole Foods HQ (136 feet).

There's also around 10 more buildings planned for the area. Park Plaza II is under construction. That's an 18-story apartment tower. It's just to the south of this building. Then there's a 23-story office tower planned just north of it that Whole Foods will occupy. And then between The Monarch and 360, there is a lot that is slated to have two residential towers that will likely be 30+ floors. One design called for a 500+ foot tower. Immediately south of that property there's a 28-story apartment tower planned. It's supposed to start this summer. And then east of there there is a 28-story office tower and two apartment towers of up to 33 floors each, plus a 10-story hotel. That project will have 1.7 million square feet of space.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 5:39 PM

Park Plaza II is office, isn't it?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 5:43 PM
~Hook'em~

No they changed it to apartments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive