HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 8:36 PM

Oh, oh. Genesis has removed this project from its website in the past few days after featuring it on their home page for close to two years. I don't see any mention of it, and the spot on the home page where it was featured is blank.

http://genesisliving.com/

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 1:13 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Oh, oh. Genesis has removed this project from its website in the past few days after featuring it on their home page for close to two years. I don't see any mention of it, and the spot on the home page where it was featured is blank.

Not suprised, was only a matter of time before many of these pipeline projects either go on hold or are canceled. Then again could be updating info and will be back up on a few days..

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Not suprised, was only a matter of time before many of these pipeline projects either go on hold or are canceled. Then again could be updating info and will be back up on a few days..
Developers seldom announce cancelled or on HOLD projects. But I became worried about this one right after the site plan was approved because other permits are typically filed almost immediately after site plan approval. There were none with this project. Then it gets removed from the developer's website right after approval.

We all know office and hotel development is going to be slow to non-existent for quite some time. But I still believe a few of the residential proposals will break ground. This was one of three that I was hopeful about. The other two are Symphony Square and the Linden.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 9:25 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:

Huh? It's on the home page of the link above (listed as an Upcoming Project).
It's also listed under "Projects."

However, there is only one building depicted - the 50-story residential tower. No mention of Tower 2 (the taller one).

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 10:01 PM

Huh, it's back. It was definitely gone for a while.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 10:12 PM

Yeah, it's back. It was gone for a few days.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 10:18 PM
Meh

I was never really really excited about this project except for the connection possibilities to the hike & bike trail. I was also curious to see a "twin tower" project, though, they aren't really twins. I wanted to see what that dynamic would look like there. It's less interesting as a single tower project.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 10:41 PM

I see what's happening. They are/were in the process of updating their website. The link currently goes to the old one which featured The Travis. The other version that had been coming up the past few days did not have the Travis.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 1:12 PM

tbh i wouldn't be a little surprised if this doesn't happen

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 7:30 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
tbh i wouldn't be a little surprised if this doesn't happen
Lots of stuff in the pipeline will be shelved for a few years at least. The dream of the V shaped recovery looks like polyanish nonsense in the rear-view at this point.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Lots of stuff in the pipeline will be shelved for a few years at least. The dream of the V shaped recovery looks like polyanish nonsense in the rear-view at this point.
this building struck me as the high water mark/loftiest goal of our pipeline when i saw the plans initially

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 9:14 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post
Maybe not a true "V" - but, rather a check mark. At least, that is what it looks like with the DOW, NASDAQ and S&P 500 markets as of today (when one looks at their YTD graphs).

I also think I read today that residential real estate in Austin is doing pretty well - home sales are up something like 21.5% for July (y-o-y).

Yes. Some project may get shelved. However, I don't think it is going to be as many as you think.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 9:32 PM
クラブトクヨ

I agree, based on friends and family in various industries, I don't think much will get cut. I think the ones that do were already sketchy before COVID.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 6:35 AM

Really do hope y'all are right. The real danger is long-term systemic, below trend activity. Part of what made the post-2008 years so lackluster is that we exited a recession (meaning growth occurred), but never saw the above-trend growth necessary to make up for the loss in economic activity and our growing population (See: https://www.economicshelp.org/wp-con...rly-actual.jpg)

Now, Austin is not the national economy. Will we do better? Most assuredly. But a better macro-environment will still be a better environment for Austin. A "check mark" recovery sounds like sustained below trend to me. I've also been talking w/ folks at BCG about how they are envisioning a 'K' recovery; meaning unaffected industries have in many ways already recovered, but others are just continuing to tank, like leisure, tourism, travel, hospitality, food & bev, etc. which are not small parts of the economy.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic a bit. Would love to see this one happen!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 9:16 PM

This project has been stagnant for a while. But there is a sign of hope - all four FAA permits for the building heights of Tower 1 were filed today.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 11:32 PM

Quote:
This project has been stagnant for a while. But there is a sign of hope - all four FAA permits for the building heights of Tower 1 were filed today.
I'm probably WAY too cavalier, but at this point I'm worried about exactly none of our projects eventually finding funding or getting approved . . . so long as they're within the City's relatively good graces.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
I'm probably WAY too cavalier, but at this point I'm worried about exactly none of our projects eventually finding funding or getting approved . . . so long as they're within the City's relatively good graces.
I'm starting to agree with that train of thought. The Pandemic may end up being more of delay for most projects much like the financial crisis a decade ago as opposed to a mass project killer. A a few projects will still go by the wayside like they did around 2010. But stuff like the recent Facebook news will soften the Pandemic blow.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 3:37 AM

What're the chances of this tower happening, I love the look of it

Old Posted Jan 15, 2021, 2:26 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
What're the chances of this tower happening, I love the look of it
With all due respect to your opinion, why do you love the look of it?

There are two elements I appreciate: the vertical lines and the balconies, both of which accentuate its height, as opposed to the plainness and lack of scale it would have with all glass. Otherwise I'm not very excited.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 10:25 PM

More good news...After no news for a few months, over 50 building permits for finish outs were filed today for Travis #1. That's a really good sign that this is happening.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin