HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 8:56 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2015, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
Why could they not possibly stay open? There are two open levels every 12 or so levels on this tower. Having two with white concrete infill would be stupid. Keeping them open keeps ventelation to the mechanicals and fits the other open levels of the tower.
What I'm saying here is that there are 12 levels of windows between each 2 levels of open grid. Except when you get to the top. If they leave the top 2 levels open then that's only 10 levels of windows between and it just doesn't look right at all. It doesn't balance out with the below. Surely this was talked about through the design phase..

Old Posted Mar 29, 2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiRiser View Post
What I'm saying here is that there are 12 levels of windows between each 2 levels of open grid. Except when you get to the top. If they leave the top 2 levels open then that's only 10 levels of windows between and it just doesn't look right at all. It doesn't balance out with the below. Surely this was talked about through the design phase..
My money is on them staying open.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 5:16 AM

Old Posted Mar 30, 2015, 11:40 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2015, 7:12 AM

Old Posted Apr 1, 2015, 3:04 AM

Yesterday, From Staten Island

From St.George, Staten Island

From Oxford Pl, Staten Island

From the corner of Victory Blvd + Forest Ave, Staten Island

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 12:58 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

From tonight.

Earlier today, at 5pm.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2015, 3:12 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Skyline, ever changing.

jochenmohr440

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post

From the corner of Victory Blvd + Forest Ave, Staten Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Skyline, ever changing.
And speaking of the ever changing skyline, this one from the exact same spot, decades before 432 was even thought....
Not to mention the gone twins...

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45313...=kh.google.com

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 12:37 AM
don't *meddle*...

^ Well some things never change ... like that little transmission tower. Talk about America's aging infrastructure.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 12:52 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I really like that post ( #7530 ). I put it in the NYC transformation photo thread and gave all the due credit to you guys because that is a kickass post right there. Transformation is incredible. Post #7527 is also great. Good work NYC foot soldiers!!!

I'll be in the city for the auto show on April 11th, so I'll be sure to take a pic of this tower and many others. I'm really curious about some smaller hotels which we have threads for, the tabloids and permits say that they are under construction, but no photos. Mystery towers in the public spot light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
^ Well some things never change ... like that little transmission tower. Talk about America's aging infrastructure.
That transmission tower has the life. That amazing view, and he doesn't have to pay rent. He sits there and chills all day.

The trees did get bigger, but everything else in that area looks essentially the same.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 3:52 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

That electricity pole hasn't changed one bit lol. That's an old photo, too, judging by the looks of FiDi and Midtown of course. But you can really tell where the time went comparing the cars in each picture, as well as the trees, as Chris mentioned. I must say the crooked pole is truly symbolic; the telephone pole is literally New York, and both photos show the same city, regardless of the changes. New York is imperfect, and is always adapting, but the changes that challenge NY don't rid the city of its identity. Rather, New York is the product of ingenuity and achievement. Awesome stuff!

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Apr 3, 2015 at 4:11 AM.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 4:59 AM

CCs77, Thank you very much for that. I want you to take another one in 10 years and if you don't im going to do so. If it was not you that took the newer one I will just hope for another one and compare it to the same one. I miss the original twin towers and was only 5 when they went down, still, I will never get to see them in person and go up on the top of them. when I go to new York I will be in the new world trade center and that will be good too. Think about this, there is no visible development in New Jersey in the pics but all of it is seen over in New York. If there was any development in New Jersey in that pic it would be residential but I guess that has not been needed yet. I LOVE time comparisons like this and if you have any links for any other ones they would be greatly appreciated.

Okay... Duck From NY, Thank you.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 12:48 PM
BANNED

CCs77, your post has made my day, and it's only 7:45 here! It is a true feat to withstand the test of time so that telephone pole is a legend in my book.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 12:51 PM
don't *meddle*...

Also there's something melancholic about that comparison ... yes the Twins went down, but most buildings and skyscrapers in New York will outlive us. It's really an eerie feeling when you think about it ... we'll be long-gone, but 1WTC, ESB, Chrysler, 432 PA and Co. will still be standing proud.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Also there's something melancholic about that comparison ... yes the Twins went down, but most buildings and skyscrapers in New York will outlive us. It's really an eerie feeling when you think about it ... we'll be long-gone, but 1WTC, ESB, Chrysler, 432 PA and Co. will still be standing proud.
Well I hope your not leaving yet, I assume the best is still coming. Its great to see New York rising above 9/11. People of the future are going to look back and say "Where were those tower located again...?"

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 3:49 PM

Pleased by all the positive feedback about that picture.

Out of curiosity, I searched in Google Earth the place from where the picture was taken, as Duck of New York specified the intersection of the avenues. Then there was that panoramio picture and when I clicked it was like: WOW, the same picture but taken like 40 years before!!!! How cool is that? I have to post it...

And yes, that leaning electricity pole is something else, it ended up stealing the spotlight Although even it has changes, I think it has a new transformer and there are new wires attached to it going across the street....

Labridniv, actually, that picture was not taken from New Jersey, but from Staten Island that is still part of New York City.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 6:59 PM

Quote:
People of the future are going to look back and say "Where were those tower located again...?"
All they need to do is go to the WTC complex and find two big fountains and they will be looking at where they were located. Im happy they did something cool like that with the location of the original twin towers.

It totally looked like it was from New Jersey but im from Vancouver so wado I know haha. Does anyone know if people throw coins in those fountains at all?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2015, 10:06 PM
New Yorker for life

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive