HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 7:30 PM

This will be a nice addition to that section of Robie, overall it's fine. I wish they choose a different color/pattern for the 'Robie & May' structure, I don't think it goes well with the rest of the design.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2024, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatscat View Post
Is there a good understanding/summary of what is left to purchase for transit lane widening along this stretch? Different topic, but I am curious for a pointer.
I believe they will need to expropriate most of the places from Almon Street to Cunard Street based on Phase 2 on their website. I am unsure what it entails for each site whether it be expropriating the full parcel (demolishing the structure on the site) or if it would be a partial taking (just taking a bit of the front lawn). My guess is the closer the structure to the street, the more likely it will be demolished for the bus lane.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 3:10 PM

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
There is a rendering on site. It's the same idea as the one on WM Fares Website but it's longer along Robie Street, and slightly shorter along May Street. It's safe to say the developers bought the former Coastal Cafe site from HRM in exchange for the setback required for the transit lane widening.

I'll have the new rendering posted tomorrow morning on my blog.
**CORRECTION**

So this is still two separate buildings going up.

Both have building permits underway and both are 8 storeys.

2705 Robie will be 88 units and is the WM Fares design being built by Phoenix Developments.

2731 Robie will be 26 units and I have no confirmation on who owns the site though it is fenced off with 2705 Robie.

Can anyone confirm they're owned by the same company?

I've updated the thread title to match the building permits.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth