HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 12:41 AM

Very nice..Keep'em it coming!!!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 4:55 AM
Mr. Technology

I have numerous models of the good old twin towers.

Anyone know if a model of the new WTC complex (or even just One WTC) would be available for the public to purchase?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:11 AM

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:38 AM

If you look closely on the last picture in B&W,you'll see some steel in place in between the floors,just behind the tarp.Maybe in preparation of the mechanical floors?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 6:57 AM

Lot of great photos of a bad building.

The main thing that this thread shows is how much photographic talent there is here.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ditnow View Post
Lot of great photos of a bad building.

The main thing that this thread shows is how much photographic talent there is here.
Bad building? What is wrong with you?????

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52 View Post
Bad building? What is wrong with you?????
bad used to mean good, maybe that's what he meant

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 4:12 PM

Smile

Decided to move over to this page because there are to many rude users on the other 1WTC thread, now on topic...I have a friend who works on the site, he says cladding on the base should begin in the middle of January...like real cladding I mean...that's what he's heard anyway so thought I'd share.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:15 PM

does anyone have any pics of the new base cladding? what are your opinions on it?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post

Anyone know if a model of the new WTC complex (or even just One WTC) would be available for the public to purchase?
Head downtown and stop by the kitschy little shops. I bought a plastic model of Tower One back in 2011. There's several shops near the site that have them; I think I got mine from a little shop on Liberty Street across the street from 4 WTC.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post

There is, but I forgot the name of the shop that definitely has new 1 WTC models available for purchase. I'm fairly sure it was mentioned in this thread in the past month... I think it is in the 20s in Manhattan?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 6:45 PM
Mr. Technology

Thanks guys!

I'll be heading over after the new year (not into the Times Square countdown where you must stand there from 8-10 hours while the NYPD direct the crowds like cattle).

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:06 PM

Location: Born and raised Clevelander, former Atlantan and Dallasite, and now 'probational' New Yorker, ha
Just got back from another great trip in NYC that included, martini at 'The House,' dinner at Maialino in Gramercy, Lillies Victorian bar, walk around the Green market, Upright Citizens Brigade, McSorleys (always a must) and first time stay at the W Union Square with the following view:

Panorama of Union Square in the lower right and One WTC peeking out just right of center

Close up of One WTC from Union Sq.

Also made a brief stop at the new bronze stature honoring our Spec Ops community just outside the WTC PATH Station and east of One WTC. Very cool sculpture and story (with the fence and overcast sorry they're not better pics :/

www.UrbanImpressionist.com ______ Twitter: @UrbanImpress ______ UrbanImpressionist on Facebook______ UrbanImpressionist on Youtube

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpressionist View Post
Just got back from another great trip in NYC that included, martini at 'The House,' dinner at Maialino in Gramercy, Lillies Victorian bar, walk around the Green market, Upright Citizens Brigade, McSorleys (always a must) and first time stay at the W Union Square
this hurts me.. i made plans to go to nyc four times and EACH time something comes up canceling my trip! my next chance is in april but im already feeling homesick.. thanks for the pics everybody. It makes me feel at home

Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:38 PM
Bionic Boogie

i haven't noticed any visible work on top of the building, they must be off for the holidays?

1 WTC cloudy Dec 2012 by Ceva321, on Flickr

DSC_0034 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

DSC_0036 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr
SSP member since 2003
Please do not use any of my photos or videos without my permission. thanks

Last edited by CarlosV; Dec 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 1:22 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycaddict View Post
this hurts me.. i made plans to go to nyc four times and EACH time something comes up canceling my trip! my next chance is in april but im already feeling homesick.. thanks for the pics everybody. It makes me feel at home
That sucks man. I hope nothing comes up in fricking April!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post
i haven't noticed any visible work on top of the building, they must be off for the holidays?

1 WTC cloudy Dec 2012 by Ceva321, on Flickr
That's my thinking as well. I was just there with my wife and in-laws for Christmas; we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge and around Chinatown. I can't wait for this sucker to be finished! You know what? With all the talk about the spire and what not (sure, Durst was a narrowminded pain in the ass), this is going to be an awesome building regardless. They actually have the modified drawing of the spire in the diagram, and I actually thing it looks pretty good. And considering how they're constructing it (along with the building as opposed to years later as was the case with the North Tower), I think it likely will be counted toward the official height of the building.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 5:16 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
considering how they're constructing it (along with the building as opposed to years later as was the case with the North Tower), I think it likely will be counted toward the official height of the building.
NO, that's not what draws the distinction between ornamental spire and functioning antenna mast. I don't think it could be made any more clearer what it's for.

Martin Hedlund

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
And considering how they're constructing it (along with the building as opposed to years later as was the case with the North Tower), I think it likely will be counted toward the official height of the building.
I suppose the question really is, why is a toothpick like the spire on the NY Times (or many other buildings) counted towards the official height but something that has broadcast equipment attached to it is not counted? It makes no sense to me and seems rather arbitrary on the part of CTBUH. Of course the fact that CTBUH gets to decide these things seems rather arbitrary to me too.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosV View Post
Hard to say, glass has been progressing all week so maybe just a small crew. Also seems to be a lot of work on the base going on just nothing with the top.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2012, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
Hard to say, glass has been progressing all week so maybe just a small crew. Also seems to be a lot of work on the base going on just nothing with the top.
has the second piece of the spire gone up???
seems like the first piece went up weeks ago.......

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive