HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 6:41 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 508 West 24th St | 120 FT | 10 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Interview with the Architect: Cary Tamarkin
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 13TH 2014 AT 1:00 PM

Interview @ NY YIMBY

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 6:58 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 505 West 19th St | 120 FT | 10 x 2 FLOORS

Curbed NY:

Take a Peek Inside Thomas Juul Hansen's High Line Condos
Tuesday, May 13, 2014, by Jeremiah Budin

More photos @ Curbed NY

Old Posted May 13, 2014, 9:02 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 131 10th Ave | 250 FT | FLOORS

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:33 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 430 West 15th St | 121 FT | 10 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Revealed: 430 West 15th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 14TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM

On-site rendering

Quote:
On-site renderings are up for an office conversion and expansion at 430 West 15th Street, which is located in the heart of the Meatpacking District. The site’s developer is Atlas Capital, and the architect is A+I; the firm’s website has a slew of additional images, though the depiction of the also-unbuilt 414 West 14th Street is already out of date.

The converted garage will soon hold 69,522 square feet of commercial space, including a retail component on the ground floor, and the existing structure’s height will double to 121 feet. Zoning diagrams have additional floor-by-floor details.

[...]

Renderings of 430 West 15th Street are impressive, and A+I’s concept highlights outdoor elements, resulting in impressive terraces. Floor-plans will be open, and large floor-to-ceiling windows will allow for excellent lighting, while the converted base will maintain some of the garage’s pre-war feel. Metal accents will define the addition’s aesthetic, echoing the neighborhood’s industrial past, and the overall development will be perfectly contextual within its surrounds.

[...]

430 West 15th Street -- image by A+I

430 West 15th Street -- image by A+I

Full article @ NY YIMBY

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 6:55 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 40-56 10th Ave | FT | 10 FLOORS

Curbed NY:

Studio/Gang's Zany, Angular High Line Tower Is Gonna Happen
Wednesday, May 14, 2014, by Hana R. Alberts

Quote:
It's baaaack. The edgy, High Line-abutting tower by big-name Chicago architecture firm Studio/Gang is going to get built after all. After its mind-boggling renders were unveiled in late 2012, genius, New Yorker-profiled architect Jeanne Gang's first New York City project, a 10-story office building on Tenth Avenue between 13th and 14th streets futuristically called Solar Carve, ran into some roadblocks: namely, community opposition from groups like the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation, which went hand-in-hand with a decision from the city's Board of Standards and Appeals not to approve a zoning variance that would make possible its bigger-than-permitted size. But wait: after its rejection in February, developer William Gottlieb Real Estate revised the application for a fourth go-around, not requesting any additional FAR (basically more interior space given the lot size) but just asking for minor variances related to the project's height and use of setbacks. And voila, a tipster tells us the BSA just gave a thumbs-up to the project. Reactions: in an e-mail blast, GVHSP said it's "glad" the building won't be larger; meanwhile, the Architect's Newspaper reports that the Gang is "excited" about the news and is working towards completion in 2015. Whew, that seems soon.

According to Studio/Gang, Solar Carve's serrated edge and asymmetrical curves are all in the name of using "angles of the sun's rays to sculpt building form." The design, full of reverse setbacks and all geometric-like, helps it avoid casting shadows on the High Line and also still allows views of the Hudson.

[...]

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 12:50 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Exciting stuff, that Gang building. Nice to see them expanding out of Chicago.

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 9:22 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 514-518 West 24th St | FT | FLOORS

Now everyone's gotta have a piece of the the High Line

Crain's New York:

Sale of Chelsea site for $32M could set record

BY JOE ANUTA
MAY 15, 2014 1:15 P.M.

Quote:
Prolific developer Michael Stern is eyeing the purchase of a development parcel along West 24th Street in West Chelsea, sources told Crain's, for as much as $32 million. That would work out to $800 per buildable square foot, a record sum.

Mr. Stern, who heads JDS Development Group, is looking to possibly snap up 510-514 W. 24th St., located a half-block from the High Line, as part of a joint venture with with Largo Investments. The property is sandwiched between a ten-story condo building by Cary Tamarkin and the Related Cos.' rental building, The Tate. JDS Development did not respond to a request for comment.

Two three-story buildings now stand on the site. Should Mr. Stern pay as much as the rumored $32 million price tag for the site, observers noted the finished development would need to recoup those up-front costs by aggressively pricing the finished apartments. While that could potentially prove a difficult task for residential building in a mid-block location, developers in the area have been banking on the appeal of the High Line.

[...]

Looks like someone was willing to pay more?

The Real Deal:

Harch Group to buy Chelsea loft building for $35M
Price per buildable square foot at West 24th Street building works out to $775

May 16, 2014 03:00PM
By Mark Maurer

From left: 514-518 West 24th Street, Ivan Hakimian and Kevin Esh

Quote:
Developer Harry Jeremias of the Harch Group is in contract to buy a three-story loft building with 49,288 residential buildable square feet for $35 million in an off-market deal, The Real Deal has learned.

If the deal closes for $775 per buildable square foot, it will be one of the priciest of its kind in Chelsea. A private, out-of-state family affiliated with HDA Corporation LLC owned the property at 514-518 West 24th Street, between 10th and 11th avenues, for more than 30 years, sources said.

Yesterday, a joint venture between JDS Development Group and Largo Investments was said to be considering buying 510-514 West 24th Street, Crain’s had reported. But the building at 514-518 West 24th Street had already entered contract with another buyer, sources told The Real Deal.

Ivan Hakimian, president of HPNY, and his associate Kevin Esh were involved with the deal, sources said.

[...]

Last edited by Hypothalamus; May 16, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2014, 11:15 PM
Walk taker

Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 10:35 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothalamus View Post
New York YIMBY:

Excavation Begins: 860 Washington Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON DECEMBER 12TH 2013 AT 11:00 AM

==================================
==================================

New Renderings: 860 Washington Street

Quote:
New renderings are up for 860 Washington Street via Property Group Partners’ website; the firm is developing the project along with Romanoff Equities, and the design architect is James Carpenter.

Details on the site indicate the office building will total 114,535 square feet, and that it will stand ten stories tall. The original proposal would have been slightly larger, rising 215 feet to its pinnacle, but even that height would have been forty feet short of The Standard Hotel, which stands across the street from the future 860 Washington Street.

860 Washington will present a contrast from typical developments along The High Line, as translucent facades are losing favor to heftier materials. Still, the cladding will be light and airy, and the building’s form will interact positively with the pedestrian realm. As a collective, glassy buildings create a sense of architectural anonymity, but when they exist in isolation — like 860 Washington — they can appear distinguished.
=======================================
JUNE 4TH 2014
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/06/rev...-street.html/1

Old Posted Jun 5, 2014, 1:27 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

eh, pretty dull render. but yeah at least it is airy and open, i do like that for the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2014, 12:53 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

The development T/O(500 West 21st Street):

http://ny.curbed.com/uploads/500W21%20Top%20Out.jpg

Old Posted Jun 16, 2014, 6:08 PM
New Yorker for life

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/06/...37-washington/

Samsung set to beat out Facebook, Google at 837 Washington
Electronics giant close to inking full-building lease at hot property in Meatpacking District

June 16, 2014

Quote:
Samsung Electronics is close to leasing the entire building at 837 Washington Street in the Meatpacking District.

Facebook, Google and Ferrari have also been bidding to lease out the whole property.

Asking rent for the ground floor of the 55,000-square-foot glass building between Little West 12th and 13th streets is $500 per square foot, the New York Observer reported.

Samsung already opened a hands-on innovation and design center called Samsung Living Atelier in the building, which is being developed by Thor Equities and Taconic Investment Partners.

The property, which is located across from the Whitney Museum’s new location, has a roof that overlooks the High Line. The development includes more than 7,000 square feet of outdoor space on the second and third floors. When the building is completed later this year, the property will boast a total of 28,000 square feet of retail on the ground level and the second floor. The third through sixth floors will house an additional 27,000 square feet of office space.

http://commercialobserver.com/2014/0...sfp=3335556299

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2014, 4:01 AM
Walk taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/06/...37-washington/

Samsung set to beat out Facebook, Google at 837 Washington
Electronics giant close to inking full-building lease at hot property in Meatpacking District

June 16, 2014

http://commercialobserver.com/2014/0...sfp=3335556299
I thought this was old news - I walked by this building several days ago and saw that the bottom floor has been fitted out with a complete and seemingly open store already!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 3:06 AM

From my recent visit to NYC.
The Zaha Hadid's 520 28th Street project.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 3:08 AM

Also the 505 West 19th Street project.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2014, 6:07 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

hard at work around the highline today

Old Posted Aug 9, 2014, 6:19 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

non-hudson yards norman foster tower today

edit -- more info:
http://551w21.com
http://ny.curbed.com/tags/551-west-21st-street

Last edited by mrnyc; Aug 11, 2014 at 2:51 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 3:47 AM

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 1:19 AM
Walk taker

More concrete poured at the Zaha Hadid site :

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 2:43 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

at long last section three -- the final section of the high line -- opens tomorrow sunday sept 21st!!

http://www.amny.com/news/high-line-f...shed-1.9349965

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development