HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschwab View Post
Exciting stuff here.

Guessing Frontier will be promoting Austin as a tourist attraction.
And...to up their profile as a hipster airline. Associating your company with Austin isn't a bad thing, and Frontier doesn't exactly ooze cool at the moment.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 9:51 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
In other news, saw a tweet from Hensel Phelps, early 2019 opening.
https://mobile.twitter.com/HenselPhe...90556368392198
"12 gate expansion?"

Huh? Are they refurbishing 3 additional, existing gates? Are they counting the dual jetway gates as single gates?

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
"12 gate expansion?"

Huh? Are they refurbishing 3 additional, existing gates? Are they counting the dual jetway gates as single gates?
The old gates 2-4 are being refurbished and installed again, making a total of 12 gates installed. I think that’s where they are getting 12 from.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
And...to up their profile as a hipster airline. Associating your company with Austin isn't a bad thing, and Frontier doesn't exactly ooze cool at the moment.
I know right, they don’t have warm cookies anymore, I wish they hadn’t taken over Midwest Express...

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I think San Antonio has a direct Interjet flight to Leon....

https://www.bizjournals.com/sananton...tween-san.html

Could be helpful in the future.
It was canceled before it ever started

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
It’s just nice to fly with an airline whose employees don’t seem to hate their jobs, y’know? I’m not the biggest fan of American either but since we travel to León, Mexico, 3-4 times a year we have to pick one of those two.

I wonder what ‘early’ means? Very exciting!
I agree, I don’t mind American but United is a no go for me. They don’t treat their employees well at all, same goes for UPS. At least that’s what my friend that flies for FedEx said, he might be biased though.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 6:57 AM

SIAP: Please let this happen. Rumors on the Cathay thread on A Net that Austin may be in the mix. Hope so!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
SIAP: Please let this happen. Rumors on the Cathay thread on A Net that Austin may be in the mix. Hope so!
That'd be fantastic, but I believe the rumors are based excessively off them using Austin in a crossword puzzle on their Instagram story of what single new destination they will add next. There are other cities on there that seem like they have a lot higher chances of getting service

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 8:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylerspaeth View Post
That'd be fantastic, but I believe the rumors are based excessively off them using Austin in a crossword puzzle on their Instagram story of what single new destination they will add next. There are other cities on there that seem like they have a lot higher chances of getting service
One can dream.

I know it's very far fetched...

A One World hub seems like a likely selection.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 1:35 PM

Quote:
It was canceled before it ever started
Well, crap. That would have been a nice flight to get to Guanajuato and that area.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 2:53 PM

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilliondollarted View Post
I would be surprised if it was Austin. But, it is nice just to be on their lists as a possible city that it theoretically could go to.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrum23 View Post
masonh2479: You know I have no idea about AUS-AMS, I was just making that prediction based off what we saw last year and how a similar timeframe could be followed for AUS.
Take this with the playful tone it has in my head: people much closer to the DL and the port than you have speculated about AMS coming back in some capacity (granted, it was never suggested that it would be year round). One of the big clues was DL sending equipment to load/unload a 763 here and leaving it after the SxSW AMS service, leading to speculation that they'll be doing something with an aircraft of similar size here at some point.

Quote:
Anyway, I’m done with that AUS DL focus city thread on a.net. People there just don’t get it. We reasonable folks here know something will happen, it’s just a matter of when the first batch of details will be released, which I am confidant will be by the end of the year.

For those of us who are on a.net, don’t engage in that thread anymore unless something is officially announced.
You lasted longer than me. Congrats! Those guys are a bunch of haters. Heck with 'em.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:13 PM

Quote:
I would be surprised if it was Austin. But, it is nice just to be on their lists as a possible city that it theoretically could go to.
You know what's hysterically funny about this article is that whoever wrote it is like "I don't see any of these happening" (except Seattle).

I agree - I think AUS's first Asian service is going to be ICN or NRT (in that order) - I would love to see CX (=Cathay Pacific) at DFW, though.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Well, crap. That would have been a nice flight to get to Guanajuato and that area.
It's possible that the cancellation happened because the Leon airport expansion project is several months behind schedule (it was supposed to be done last December and isn't finished yet); they're expanding the passenger terminal substantially. As it is right now if there are two or three flights leaving at the same time the gate area is standing room only.

Interjet announced another Leon-US route (I think Houston?) at the same time that also was cancelled before it was launched, which is what leads me to think it might be that. During construction they had to build a temporary entrance to customs and immigration (which is tiny in the first place - it can only handle one flight at a time), so they might have decided to wait until the expansion is actually finished before announcing any new service.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 4:32 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
You know what's hysterically funny about this article is that whoever wrote it is like "I don't see any of these happening" (except Seattle).

I agree - I think AUS's first Asian service is going to be ICN or NRT (in that order) - I would love to see CX (=Cathay Pacific) at DFW, though.
The Cathay thing is so obviously Seattle.

I'm assuming they'll run a smaller aircraft than DL was. I took that flight last year and it was a hilariously oversized craft for the number of passengers.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2018, 5:00 PM

Quote:
masonh2479: You know I have no idea about AUS-AMS, I was just making that prediction based off what we saw last year and how a similar timeframe could be followed for AUS.

Anyway, I’m done with that AUS DL focus city thread on a.net. People there just don’t get it. We reasonable folks here know something will happen, it’s just a matter of when the first batch of details will be released, which I am confidant will be by the end of the year.

For those of us who are on a.net, don’t engage in that thread anymore unless something is officially announced.
Yep I know that you are just making a prediction, and I even stated in my comments how Delta did fly to AUS for SXSW. I’m not confident in anything though, my opinion on Delta is really to not believe much until it is official.

I know something will happen, but not to what extent, most of the people on a.net just like to say your wrong and complain just because they can, not because they actually have facts to back up their statements. Basically, 90% of a.net is speculation and I don’t blame you for leaving that thread.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilliondollarted View Post
It ended up being Seattle

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 9:42 PM

Good news for future Canada service to Austin if Deta beefs up ops. Delta and WestJet are forming a JV.
https://news.delta.com/delta-and-wes...-joint-venture

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
Good news for future Canada service to Austin if Deta beefs up ops. Delta and WestJet are forming a JV.
https://news.delta.com/delta-and-wes...-joint-venture
They’ve been codeshare partners for a while. Good to see that it’s expanding.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin