HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 PM

That seems like the appropriate decision. Currently the road up other side of the Nashwaak is Route 628, it would seem like a good idea to extend the 628 title to where the bypass ends, and the old 8 would be 107. Kind of like the Welsford Bypass, where part of the old route became 177 like in Grand Bay-Westfield, and part of it became 101 so it would still intersect with 7.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 11:16 PM

Hi D3NZ

First of all I want to give you a heartfelt apology for your visit. When Patti and I envisioned our client experience we wanted a welcoming, fun and happy atmosphere. That is not at all what you or the mother you were next to saw, and for that I am so sorry. Please understand that while we are new, not all of our team have had a lot of time in their rolls and some of them are still learning how to work with the immense support the residents of Fredericton are giving us. This is not an excuse, we just ask for your patience and understanding as we and our team both grow and learn how to fill our rolls the best way we can. Patti and I are both so sorry that you feel you won’t be returning for a while. Should you ever change your mind please get in touch with one of us. We would love the opportunity to make sure you have the experience you deserve, and that we want for you. If the lovely mother whom we turned away is reading this the exact same goes for you as well. We are so sorry and we hope to have the chance to make it up to you. Sincerely, Eric Hollenberg Owner of Chess Piece Patisserie and Café

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 1:43 PM
The Sheriff

Rumor Alert:

crystal palace, mcginnis landing and the hotel ramada is closing in Moncton . I heard a Bass Pro Shop might be going in there. I dont know if the person who told me is pulling my leg or not

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Rumor Alert:

crystal palace, mcginnis landing and the hotel ramada is closing in Moncton . I heard a Bass Pro Shop might be going in there. I dont know if the person who told me is pulling my leg or not
Visit the Dieppe thread for all the info

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 1:53 PM
Any where but Fredericton

Wow that is a game changer alright. Never would see that coming

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 8:28 PM

I have seen numerous times people comment on service they have received after the place opened (see the recent Vault 29 posts). We were going there to have breakfast, not to get sweets. We had just gone to the Farmers Market (cause yes, once again I like to recognize the efforts of local/small businesses) and we had made the decision to try the new place everyone was talking about. It's not because I have a bad experience that people will all get the same. From the blog posts all over the web, this place got amazing reviews, as they probably should.

My comment that I will wait a while before going is based on the fact that people will go often to the place and then the rush will slowly die down. That will give me a better opportunity to appreciate what the business is all about.

I wish Chess Piece Café the best of luck (I appreciate the message you sent to me) and I will go back for sure at one point.

As for me, I will delete my account since apparently a Forum (AKA: place where people have discussions) is not meant to have discussions which was the whole point of me joining.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 9:54 AM

The rules don't seem to be consistently applied in this case, for sure. There was no attempt in the past to stop talking about other new restaurants.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 12:43 PM
The Sheriff

D3NZ

I can't believe you are taking what I said to you seriously. Dont cry please stay . I guess we can call it skyscrapper / restaurant reivews./ Other

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 1:27 PM

Any official word on when Homesense is opening up on the Corbret Center ? Ive heard Mid September

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 1:37 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

SSP was originally started as a forum about skyscrapers but has evolved over time (especially in smaller communities) more along the lines of development and urbanism. There's nothing wrong with discussion about restaurants or new stores or whatever else so long as it remains relatively on-topic. That said, it's easy to fall into a rabbit-hole where a thread about construction devolves into 200 posts arguing about a new food truck.

I actually think it would be a good idea for a thread about food in Fredericton or perhaps a bit more generically food in New Brunswick. That way everyone could post whatever they want on that topic but it doesn't derail the main threads.

Anyone want to kick it off?

--

The other thing is, try to remember internet etiquette whenever possible. It's very hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic online. Also, please don't take things too seriously! This is an online forum...not something worth getting worked up about. Lastly, as always, if anyone has an issue with another forumer or the tone of a discussion, don't be afraid to send a message to a moderator like myself, dmjackson or greghickman. We may not post all that often but I check the page all the time and do read the threads.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 2:22 PM

Cedar Tree Cafe downtown is closing.

I think it was known for a while that they were having difficulty, after the CBC story in the winter talked to them as one of the places downtown where business had dropped off. With all the new places opening downtown and how fierce competition is, there was bound to be some places not making it.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
Any official word on when Homesense is opening up on the Corbret Center ? Ive heard Mid September
August opening according to the HomeSense website

http://www.homesense.ca/en/grand_openings.asp

Was by the other day and look like they have the counters, etc inside and are setting up. I would think they would be open by mid-month

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridus View Post
Cedar Tree Cafe downtown is closing.

I think it was known for a while that they were having difficulty, after the CBC story in the winter talked to them as one of the places downtown where business had dropped off. With all the new places opening downtown and how fierce competition is, there was bound to be some places not making it.
I get the impression this is not purely financial. I don't see why she would attribute it to the much more personal 'Family Reasons' in the statement released through Twitter when she has already been upfront that the business has been tough. We should probably take that at face value and hope that these 'family reasons' aren't anything too serious.

PS - It sucks they are closing. They make great coffee and the food was great too. That space is great, however, and should be replaced rather quickly (maybe once the construction is over)

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 5:54 PM

More road construction...Corner of Smythe and Propsect....to support the new round-about project

http://www.fredericton.ca/en/transpo...nstruction.asp

Finding it increasingly difficult to find a way home that isn't impacted by road construction! Must be nuts for tourists....

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post
More road construction...Corner of Smythe and Propsect....to support the new round-about project

http://www.fredericton.ca/en/transpo...nstruction.asp

Finding it increasingly difficult to find a way home that isn't impacted by road construction! Must be nuts for tourists....
Doesnt really surprise me. Also they are not working on the Bridge this morning. I know its a holiday but i figured they would work non stop to get it over and done with.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 11:03 AM

The former Canadian Tire on Main Street has been sold to Plaza Retail REIT. The sale was completed last week. They intend on extensive renovations over the next year. No announcement yet of what will be setting up shop in the facility once renos are complete. The new owners state that they have had good response but will leave it to tenants to announce their own intentions.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 11:29 AM

Finally! At this point I don't care what goes in there as long as something goes in. (OK a UStore still wouldn't work but Plaza Retail wouldn't do that in any case.)

It'll probably be another Dollerama or Great Canadian Dollar store or something.

I did notice that the water work they're doing on Main Street seems to be feeding into the empty lot next to the Shoppers Plaza; that was sold last year I think and a project has been pending for awhile, though no details have been announced yet that I know of.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 12:37 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Finally! At this point I don't care what goes in there as long as something goes in. (OK a UStore still wouldn't work but Plaza Retail wouldn't do that in any case.)

It'll probably be another Dollerama or Great Canadian Dollar store or something.

I did notice that the water work they're doing on Main Street seems to be feeding into the empty lot next to the Shoppers Plaza; that was sold last year I think and a project has been pending for awhile, though no details have been announced yet that I know of.
Think postive there Taeolas. Just cause their website is full of Reitmans and Bulk barn and Dollar Rama, doesnt mean a good store wont be going in there. But you know one thing for sure is that the Fredericton Transit is right on main street so you wont have a problem going there

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 1:34 PM

Hehe actually a second Bulk barn might not be too bad of an idea; but I'd prefer something bigger.

(And it's already walking distance for me so transit is a moot point. )

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 3:16 PM

New owners actually own the property across the street (Shoppers, etc) so likely looking to build upon that. Also wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were the group that purchased to adjacent empty lots next to Shoppers last year that Taeolas is referring to above with the idea of building larger.

Owner says they will build a modern facility and end the end will not look like a Canadian Tire. Says that that will include some pad sites near the street. Current structure is 40K SQ ft. Renovated structure will be 25-30K SQ ft plus an additional 15-35K Sq ft due to pad sites.

Also stated that they will be bringing some new tenants into the market ...not just relocation.

Redevelopment is expected to start as soon as possible. I know that Mary Brown's had been looking at opening a location at the Shoppers facility recently but didn't work out. This new development may open up an opportunity for that brand at one of the pad sites near the street

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces